Page 921 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 42182187191191992092192292393197110211421 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,210 of 18317

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #9201
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Just download the last update pack from that spoiler tag.. this is only if you originally softmodded your wii with this guide or followed steps 12&3 completely.
    Installed the http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqwz46...OS-PACK-v3.zip file... I installed the 5 wads and still not letting me do anything. cfg never gets passed the splash screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Just download the last update pack from that spoiler tag.. this is only if you originally softmodded your wii with this guide or followed steps 12&3 completely.
    Actually when I unplug the hdd it starts up but as soon as plug it back in it finds the drive but then freezes
    Last edited by narse1979; 06-09-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Please use the edit button - It is your friend ;-)

  2. #9202
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,834
    Thanks
    918
    Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Have u checked that your drive is compatible? usb compatibility list

  3. #9203
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Question about GC games

    I followed MauiFrog's tutorial to a 't' the second time I softmodded my Wii. I had previously "re-virginized" after becoming disheartened with my homebrew adventures, which I have since strongly regretted. Anyway, I followed the tutorial to re-softmod my Wii. It all worked perfectly, and I had no problems.
    Which brings me to the sad part. I installed Darkcorp, thinking that the beautiful mod would change my life forever and I would never need a loader again! Sadly, it did not ever work as promised. Although my Wii was successfully and happily modded, Darkcorp marred its beauty. Suddenly I discovered that not only did backups not play with the aid of Darkcorp, like promised, but any gamecube game (legitimate games, I tried no backups with Darkcorp ever since it wouldn't work the first time) would raise an error and I would have to hard reset my Wii to turn it back on.
    Since, I have been in the process of updating my softmod and uninstalling DarkCorp with its built in uninstall feature. I made a NAND backup and reinstalled both Bootmii and the most recent HBC. I downloaded Homebrew Browser and reinstalled all the lost cIOSes and cMIOS files. Is there anything more I could do to get GameCube games to work again? I feel at a loss here.
    Any help is much appreciated.

  4. #9204
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Did they ever work? Also you should reinstall the cios60 from this guide if you installed the 4.1 system menu from this guide. DarkCorp should not have any effect on your ability to load gc games. So where the games working before you installed darkcorp?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  6. #9205
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, I recently updated everything on my 4.1e Wii which was previously soft-modded a long time ago by following everything in this guide to try and fix a problem I was having where a load of games in USB Loader GX were just displaying a black screen when I tried to start them... But even now after I have installed all the new updates and such, After trying to play them with the new USB Loader CFG they still show as a black screen - It's happening to about 25 or so out of my 36 games. Does anyone know the reason for this or how to fix it? Thanks

  7. #9206
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsam View Post
    Hi, I recently updated everything on my 4.1e Wii which was previously soft-modded a long time ago by following everything in this guide to try and fix a problem I was having where a load of games in USB Loader GX were just displaying a black screen when I tried to start them... But even now after I have installed all the new updates and such, After trying to play them with the new USB Loader CFG they still show as a black screen - It's happening to about 25 or so out of my 36 games. Does anyone know the reason for this or how to fix it? Thanks
    Try to change the settings the loader uses for the game. You can try other cios and also try changing the video and language settings, especially if the game is out of region. Otherwise try another iso dump of the game.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  9. #9207
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up Update: Question about GC games

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Did they ever work? Also you should reinstall the cios60 from this guide if you installed the 4.1 system menu from this guide. DarkCorp should not have any effect on your ability to load gc games. So where the games working before you installed darkcorp?
    I apologize, I should have updated my post sooner. I re-softmodded my Wii (this makes the third try) and it turns out that the third times' the charm. Everything is in working order, gamecube games run as smoothly as ever. They did work before Darkcorp and various other installations, now they work again. I suppose any number of things could have been the cause, but it's all good now. Thanks for the help -

  10. #9208
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    Have u checked that your drive is compatible? usb compatibility list
    My bad I looked in the wrong section and ordered a drive thats not compatible smh!! Everything else is loading now just gotta find a new hdd. Thank u for your help and everybody else that posted for me

  11. #9209
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    noob help please

    So I am up to the part where you launch the hackmii installer and I am using lego batman. All goes fine but then when the screen where it says push 1 comes up my wiimote turns off. I have read theat using a GC controller might work. Are there any other solutions? Thanks and nice tut!

  12. #9210
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    is the Wii at 4.3x ?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •