Page 91 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 418189909192931011411915911091 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 18304

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #901
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by 42o View Post
    I just loaded hbc and it got all the apps after I had restarted like we said then I loaded hbc a second time and said "extrcting image files" "you can hold b to skip this but it is highly recommended you don't" so I didn't skip it, I not sure what but then it said "aborted" and displays:

    Exeption [DSI] occured

    a lot of codes,,

    stack dump:

    code dump:
    After Priiloader installed, I presume you enabled the online and game disc blocks. Then you apparently ran HBC and might be trying to install another homebrew application? Last I heard, you had completed the Priiloader install and setup and so your Wii is now softmodded.

    I am guessing you might be trying to setup a USB Loader for an external USB hard drive? Follow either of these guides depending on your preferences: FAT32 partitioned HDD HERE; multiple-partitioned HDD with WBFS format for Wii game backups HERE. Post your related questions in the threads associated with your chosen USB HDD guide, please.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Gen3SF For This Useful Post


  3. #902
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    You can put a retail game disc and dump it to an external HDD using USB Loader GX, Wiiflow, CFG USB Loader, etc.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post


  5. #903
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by nasfab View Post

    I have noticed that we cannot make DVDs work on this even with DARKCORP.
    Is there anything else i do for to make copied game DVDs on my Wii?

    Million Thanks
    Did you see this part in the tutorial?
    Loading Backups FAQ:
    Does my wii load dvds? If it is new, probably not. Discs suck anyway, usbloading is much better.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  7. #904
    42o
    42o is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    After Priiloader installed, I presume you enabled the online and game disc blocks. Then you apparently ran HBC and might be trying to install another homebrew application? Last I heard, you had completed the Priiloader install and setup and so your Wii is now softmodded.

    I am guessing you might be trying to setup a USB Loader for an external USB hard drive? Follow either of these guides depending on your preferences: FAT32 partitioned HDD HERE; multiple-partitioned HDD with WBFS format for Wii game backups HERE. Post your related questions in the threads associated with your chosen USB HDD guide, please.
    really nice how patient youare, no I am not trying to do anyhing I finished the guide opend hbc for the first time ever and it did something that went ok, opened it a second time and it exttracted image files and crashed, I did not do anything except what I told you and it crashed so I turned it off, doubt I will get much further, not trying to sound like a victim, its good what you do here

  8. #905
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Maui, In part 2, press 1 does not seem to appear after the scam warning almost 10 minutes of waiting.

  9. #906
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 42o View Post
    really nice how patient youare, no I am not trying to do anyhing I finished the guide opend hbc for the first time ever and it did something that went ok, opened it a second time and it exttracted image files and crashed, I did not do anything except what I told you and it crashed so I turned it off, doubt I will get much further, not trying to sound like a victim, its good what you do here
    Nintendo seems to disagree.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  11. #907
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy Can my Wii be modified at all?

    Hi, I bought the Wii late 2008. So it must've been at a wii menu version that was easier to modify. But I didn't get into doing that for the past two years. And I did the most stupid thing yesterday to enable internet by following the wii online instructions. Now my wii menu becomes 4.3U. And now, is my Wii modifiable at all?

  12. #908
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Follow the guide.

  13. 2 Users Say Thank You to Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post


  14. #909
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Can some please help me with this?

    Thanks for the great guide. I am running into a problem when I reach this point in Chapter 2:
    Part 1- Wad Installs
    Start HBC, press [HOME], Launch Bootmii

    My Wii is running 4.2 and the first chapter of your guide seems to go well. I verified the sums for ModPack-AnyWii.md5 and they all verified.
    Then I skipped verify sums for UpdatePack.md5 since I am running 4.2
    When I go to launch Bootmii from HBC with the SD card inserted, I get a black screen and the disc tray light blinks blue.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

  15. #910
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garglephlumpian View Post
    Thanks for the great guide. I am running into a problem when I reach this point in Chapter 2:
    Part 1- Wad Installs
    Start HBC, press [HOME], Launch Bootmii

    My Wii is running 4.2 and the first chapter of your guide seems to go well. I verified the sums for ModPack-AnyWii.md5 and they all verified.
    Then I skipped verify sums for UpdatePack.md5 since I am running 4.2
    When I go to launch Bootmii from HBC with the SD card inserted, I get a black screen and the disc tray light blinks blue.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
    My first two guesses are corrupt files or an incompatible SD card.
    First check if your card is listed here, and if so, if it has any reported problems.
    Next, try formatting your SD card, running HackMii, and choosing "Prepare SD card" from the Bootmii section and/or reinstall Bootmii as IOS.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •