Page 812 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 31271276280281081181281381482286291213121812 ... LastLast
Results 8,111 to 8,120 of 18133

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #8111
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    828
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Did you read ANY of the guide? You need one of the specific games mentioned to exploit the 4.3 system menu.

  2. #8112
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ModPack-PAL-E.zip will not dl, even after correct password is entered...

  3. #8113
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesywill View Post
    ModPack-PAL-E.zip will not dl, even after correct password is entered...
    NM, Mediafire must have had a temporary issue that is now fixed.

  4. #8114
    New Member victormff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Freeze

    Hello everybody...
    I've follow the guide posted by Mauifrog and everything have been working great until today. Some games are starting to freeze after about 30 minutes playing...
    Would you please give me an idea....???
    Thanks
    V

  5. #8115
    New Member omegaman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victormff View Post
    Hello everybody...
    I've follow the guide posted by Mauifrog and everything have been working great until today. Some games are starting to freeze after about 30 minutes playing...
    Would you please give me an idea....???
    Thanks
    V
    That doesn't sound good. If a single game has trouble, it's likely a bad dump. But if multiple games are a nuisance, then you've probably got a hardware issue going on. The wii doesn't run hot either. Your external hard drive may have issues? I've had hard drives that drop out after a time. I'd backup that hard drive pronto, if that's the case!

  6. 1 User Says Thank You omegaman7 For This Useful Post


  7. #8116
    New Member victormff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that's probably the hard disc...
    I'm gonna try with a different one...
    Thanks

  8. #8117
    New Member omegaman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    A large flash drive should tell you what's going on. I've ran a 4Gb, 16Gb, and 32Gb flash drive. And yet I have no Wii

  9. #8118
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How do i install ios

    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Let us know what happens
    Hey so finally had some time to try the advice you gave me, and well Im completetly clueless on where to start, bootmii is not working as I originallywas using while I did the softmod..of course I followed the next step and wiped sd to finish the softmod..step 3 I thiink I put bootmii file from modpack back on my sd but still not running it goes to black screen when selected thorugh homebrew channel

    How do i go about installing the ios 56, how do I run multi-mod manager again?
    I also need to install neogamma to run a game I prefer to have on disc, my hdd drive is not working so well right now. Do I install that thorugh bootmii as well?

    Thanks for the help guys

  10. #8119
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by WIIBOZ View Post
    Hey so finally had some time to try the advice you gave me, and well Im completetly clueless on where to start, bootmii is not working as I originallywas using while I did the softmod..of course I followed the next step and wiped sd to finish the softmod..step 3 I thiink I put bootmii file from modpack back on my sd but still not running it goes to black screen when selected thorugh homebrew channel

    How do i go about installing the ios 56, how do I run multi-mod manager again?
    I also need to install neogamma to run a game I prefer to have on disc, my hdd drive is not working so well right now. Do I install that thorugh bootmii as well?

    Thanks for the help guys
    If you have completed the guide, load MMM from HBC. Just extract this to sd:\
    MMM.zip
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. #8120
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    Did you read ANY of the guide? You need one of the specific games mentioned to exploit the 4.3 system menu.
    I did yes, let's be honest, it's not the easiest of guides to follow is it? Although it may be correct, as a newbie it makes no sense to me at all. For example.

    I like quoting large segments of guides without putting it in a spoiler





    That's just step 1! I have no idea at this stage what softmod is or what it does, I have no idea what homebrew channel is, where is the homebrew channel? Is this something I have on my Wii already? Obviously you and others find the guide easy as you's are used to playing the Wii and what all this jargon means, many people don't. i have read the guide but unless I understand what i need to do and what certain things are then it's just gobbledeegook. I think some guide like
    1. Switch on Wii
    2. insert SD card
    3. go to Wii settings
    4. go to... etc etc et cetera

    Some stages like that I think would be far more useful. Also maybe at the beginning something like.
    BEFORE YOU TRY AND DO THIS YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING ITEMS.

    I'm not complaining, i'm just trying to mkae it as easy for everyone as possible so idiots like me don't have to ask all these questions.

    I found (a guide thats not on wiihacks) online which makes it a bit more clearer but even then on step 1 it mentions something about Indiana Jones! WTF?

    You can see why it may be confusing for many people.
    Last edited by narse1979; 04-10-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •