Page 808 of 1824 FirstFirst ... 30870875879880680780880981081885890813081808 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,080 of 18239

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #8071
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    some games require you to change the IOS. you have all the ones you need via this guide, but getting EVERY game to work will take a little effort on your part messing with the settings for the games.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  3. #8072
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    That's great, thanks very much for your help.

  4. #8073
    New Member cravas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BR4INsick View Post
    someone please help... idk why there isnt any video now.

    I followed all the steps carefully and now no video.
    I got done installing priiloader, did all the disabling and then installed the USBLoaderCFG.dol

    everything looked ok so i press B to get back to the priiloader main screen. I pressed system menu and something went wrong. Please help
    When you say that you "did all the disabling", do you mean you enabled every hack in priiloader???
    If yes, then you did wrong. The only needed hacks for protection are "Block Online Updates" and "Block Disc Updates".

    And if you installed USBLoaderCFG.dol, Priiloader will need the SD with the apps-pack in the Wii (or FAT32 partition USB HDD), otherwise it won't find the app (CFG USBLoader).

    Start your Wii with reset pressed and see if you can go into Priiloader goto "Settings" and check your hacks.
    If yes, also tell Priiloader to "Autoboot:" System Menu and "Return To:" System Menu.

    Quote Originally Posted by restingsonata View Post
    Is this guide also for 4.3u Wii's? I started with the backing up of my Wii's Nand...but the screen gave me a "hash failed" message. I couldn't figure out the previous WAD installation part...

    Has anyone done this with a 4.3u Wii? I'm worried because halfway down, the tutorial informs the user to open a 4.1 folder...and I don't have 4.1. Would this cause brickage?

    I ran sysConfig...Can someone tell me if my Wii is healthy? I'm getting nervous about this iOS stuff...

    syscheck



    Ever since I tried to run Wii Sports Resort on USB loader GX...I don't know. New games haven't been working. It's weird. I should try loading them with Gecko.
    Did you made the guide all the way or you jumped steps? From the look of it, you Jumped steps which is a HUGE FAIL.
    It's best to re-do the WHOLE GUIDE from the top.

    About Wii Sports Resort, it's a problematic game and there's a guide to it right here, in this forum. Search is your friend,


    Quote Originally Posted by Hairy View Post
    Thanks very much for checking. My mate's going to lend me his indy, and see if that one works. and he said wii sports resort is pointless without the motion sensor, so maybe I'll leave that one for now.
    So, can I just check, all I should do is start the game, via the usb loader and that's it. Do I ever need to change the options with regards the IOS or anything, for each individual game?
    Same goes to you about Wii Sports Resort,

    From my own experience, CFG USB Loader version 222 (don't know if it's the one used in the guide) hasn't failed me in all games I run from USB.
    But for USB Loader GX, I'm running it from 250.

    Just my 2 cents...

    <--- Hit Thanks if I helped you in any way,

  5. #8074
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 532 Times in 26 Posts
    Yo, it's not often I get to come on the Internet anyone, but just to say, I came on here tonight, did two Wii's following this guide and one was already softmodded and the other was virgin 3.4. Can I just say thanks as both went without a single problem from beginning to end following this guide. Hell yeah, I knows its not right, but credit where it is due for the guide writer. Peace out man, thanks, and good fortune.
    I love this site!

  6. #8075
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Yeah, mauifrog is the best haha

  7. #8076
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Downgraded from 4.3 to 4.1? No WiiShop??

    Hi..so I followed this guide to the exact detail I believe, everything went good no errors.
    I was already messing with a soft modded wii with 4.3us system menu. It been a while, read up on new loaders and stuff so decided to dust it off and get it going again..but most of all be able to use its netflix capabilities.

    Well everything seems fine but Im down to system menu 4.1 now and the wiishop channel doesnt work..I dont mind being on 4.1 if it doesnt make a difference, but is this why Im getting error code #002 for the wiishop channel?

    Is there any other way to download netflix, I used to have the disc, never used it , who knows where its at now.

    Can I fix the Wii Shop channel? And am i fine at 4.1? Not too technical on perfection, just want to run some games for the kids, same ones Ive been running for two years, play dvds on it and use netflix.

    Any help out there,Id really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

  8. #8077
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by WIIBOZ View Post
    Hi..so I followed this guide to the exact detail I believe, everything went good no errors.
    I was already messing with a soft modded wii with 4.3us system menu. It been a while, read up on new loaders and stuff so decided to dust it off and get it going again..but most of all be able to use its netflix capabilities.

    Well everything seems fine but Im down to system menu 4.1 now and the wiishop channel doesnt work..I dont mind being on 4.1 if it doesnt make a difference, but is this why Im getting error code #002 for the wiishop channel?

    Is there any other way to download netflix, I used to have the disc, never used it , who knows where its at now.

    Can I fix the Wii Shop channel? And am i fine at 4.1? Not too technical on perfection, just want to run some games for the kids, same ones Ive been running for two years, play dvds on it and use netflix.

    Any help out there,Id really appreciate it.
    Thanks!
    Did you update the shopping channel and install the latest ios 56. I have a latest ios' and channel list in my sig if you just want to d/l them and go.


  9. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  10. #8078
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey thanks for the quick help, yeah I did follow the guide to install/update the shop channel. But not the lates ios56 syuff..was that in the guide? If I go ahead and do that does it affect anything that has to do with this part of the guide:
    " This is a version patched System Menu, running on a version patched cios60. NEVER replace cios60-v54321 with ios60-6174. Doing so will brick your wii if you update from Nintendo. Never update from Nintendo, don't MUCK up cios60-v54321. You have been warned."

    That warning right there just freaked me out..haha.

    Well...thanks let me know about that..and if all is goo I will install that ios and hope it works...Thanks again

  11. #8079
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by WIIBOZ View Post
    Hey thanks for the quick help, yeah I did follow the guide to install/update the shop channel. But not the lates ios56 syuff..was that in the guide? If I go ahead and do that does it affect anything that has to do with this part of the guide:
    " This is a version patched System Menu, running on a version patched cios60. NEVER replace cios60-v54321 with ios60-6174. Doing so will brick your wii if you update from Nintendo. Never update from Nintendo, don't MUCK up cios60-v54321. You have been warned."

    That warning right there just freaked me out..haha.

    Well...thanks let me know about that..and if all is goo I will install that ios and hope it works...Thanks again
    If you have a wii below system menu 4.3 then you may not have the updated ios 56. There is a update ios's pack included in the guide. There is no harm in installing the ios 56. If you were on 4.3 then you should have it but it wont harm anything to install it again because it will install over the existing.
    Last edited by narse1979; 04-06-2011 at 02:07 AM.


  12. #8080
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Did you update the shopping channel and install the latest ios 56. I have a latest ios' and channel list in my sig if you just want to d/l them and go.
    Both the IOS update and the Updated shop channel are in the guide at the beginning of ch.2 right after you download the cIOS pack and mod packs for the different regions...

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •