Page 75 of 1816 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677851251755751075 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 18157

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #741
    New Member hkgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Malaysia, KL
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi I am new to this hack and you guys have do the great job on the wii hack. I have few question before start softmod my wii :

    1. Understand that the Bannerbomb is best and is supported on 3.0-4.2 wiis. My wii is 2.0J, Can I just follow your guide to do the softmod or need to upgraded to 3.0 first ?

    2. I am not an Japanese therefore I can't read the japanese menu in Wii. Will all the installation/softmod guide provided is in English ? Or can I change it from Japanses language to English.

    3. The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess is needed during the softmod, should I brought the Japan version on US version ?

  2. #742
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by hkgan View Post
    Hi I am new to this hack and you guys have do the great job on the wii hack. I have few question before start softmod my wii :

    1. Understand that the Bannerbomb is best and is supported on 3.0-4.2 wiis. My wii is 2.0J, Can I just follow your guide to do the softmod or need to upgraded to 3.0 first ?

    2. I am not an Japanese therefore I can't read the japanese menu in Wii. Will all the installation/softmod guide provided is in English ? Or can I change it from Japanses language to English.

    3. The Legend of Zelda : Twilight Princess is needed during the softmod, should I brought the Japan version on US version ?
    You can use JAP zelda, or you can update to 3.0-4.2 via disk of your choice then bannerbomb. Durning the 4.1 update, you can region change the wii to USA if you like so you can read everything.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  4. #743
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i need help, i followed the guide, installed all the wads, and darkcorp, but i still cannot play copied games using dvd-r with darkcorp or neogamma, it also wouldnt let me install priiloader, do i need priiloader to get darkcorp to work

  5. #744
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by swinbob View Post
    i need help, i followed the guide, installed all the wads, and darkcorp, but i still cannot play copied games using dvd-r with darkcorp or neogamma, it also wouldnt let me install priiloader, do i need priiloader to get darkcorp to work
    Probably you have a new wii dvd drive that can not read burned discs.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. #745
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ehi man, i have a 2.4E Wii PAL, i once formatted it and since then when i put an SD in, no files will boot, so i can't soft mod...any clues?

  7. #746
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swinbob View Post
    i need help, i followed the guide, installed all the wads, and darkcorp, but i still cannot play copied games using dvd-r with darkcorp or neogamma, it also wouldnt let me install priiloader, do i need priiloader to get darkcorp to work

    my dvd drive is gc2-d3v2 is this compatible, ita a white wii i bought second hand so i think its old lol iv beinng trying for days now

  8. #747
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy

    Following the guide I have encountered two problems that will not permit me to continue the moding process.

    1. creating the nand backup
    I successfully installed HBC and bootmii on my 4.3U system, but when I try to load bootmii from HBC the system just restarts automatically and puts me back at the wii start menu. In light of this i decided to skip backing up the wii and continuing onto installing the wads.

    2. installing the wads
    When i go into MMM the first thing it does is install the bootmii and the screen flickers with various things occuring in the background and finally stops at the MMM menu but only for a couple seconds before a bunch of .wad files appear (without my going into the wad menu) and asks me to press A to proceed with batch operation. So i press A but it tells me i aborted the operation. Trying to press B doesnt even bring me back to the MMM.

    Anyone give me clear, step by step help with solving these issues? And without a nand backup, is it safe to uninstall everything and start from scratch??

    Thanks guys
    Sounds like you weren't successful with Indy Jones or SSBB (which did you use?)
    I used the Indy Jones. And i didnt get any errors upon verifying. So anyone know what im doing wrong?

  9. #748
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I can confirm that the black wii supports softmods. It's worth the purchase and actually playing the first level made me realise it's not a bad game also.

    I'm unable to use burnt disks, however the hdd mod is awesome and using wiiflow or Gx USB loader is really slick. You can make backups of your own disks and it's suprising how small they are.

    The guides here are well done and very easy to follow. I was unable to complete it using another link, whereas this one made it as easy as 1-2-3.

    Just make sure you read the guide on using the USB drive. My hdd wouldn't spin up the first time, however by plugging it in when the wii is already on made it work. Now I don't need to unplug it, it just works. Remembering that wiiflow or gx loader have a 500 game limit means that you don't need a huge hdd.

    Have fun, enjoy the results and welcome to the club.

    Dave

  10. #749
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mwpunk182 View Post
    I used the Indy Jones. And i didnt get any errors upon verifying. So anyone know what im doing wrong?
    You have Gremlins in your wii. I have no idea what your issue is. It sounds like your wii is pressing buttons all by itself.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  11. #750
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You have Gremlins in your wii. I have no idea what your issue is. It sounds like your wii is pressing buttons all by itself.
    eBay remote maybe? I know they don't play nice with some apps.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •