Page 731 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 23163168172172973073173273374178183112311731 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 18317

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #7301
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    help

    do i still need to install something before i can play on usb loader gx
    sry for posting twice

  2. #7302
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by gkon12 View Post
    Hi there! Thanks a lot for your guide.

    I have a problem with Smash Stack. SSBB won't recognise the hacked stage. I am using a Kingston 2GB SD and I have re-formatted it several times in different formats to get it work, but with no result. I have also used the tool you suggested to format the card. The SD worked just fine when I wanted to copy original stages of SSBB.

    Maybe it is a compatibility issue with Smash Stack after all. Any ideas?
    (I have also now a 4GB Trancend SD and a 64MB Motorola micro SD; I will try to use them, but i am afraid they won't work)
    If you are using smash stack pal/kor, I updated the link today to fix an error in the file path. it needs to be
    sd:\private\wii\app\RSBP\st\st_smashStackPK_noSave .bin
    I neglected \st\ in the first upload. If that is your issue, just add folder \st\ and move the bin file there. Or dl the new link.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #7303
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob de Bouwer View Post
    do i still need to install something before i can play on usb loader gx
    sry for posting twice
    I don't think so. You do need to set cios to 249 or 250 to load from fat32. 249 only support wbfs at this time.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  4. #7304
    New Member gkon12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    If you are using smash stack pal/kor, I updated the link today to fix an error in the file path. it needs to be
    sd:\private\wii\app\RSBP\st\st_smashStackPK_noSave .bin
    I neglected \st\ in the first upload. If that is your issue, just add folder \st\ and move the bin file there. Or dl the new link.
    Yep, I added the folder, moved the file and it worked. I have just finished softmodding my wii by following your guide. Thanks

  5. #7305
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    A bad DVD drive will prevent loading from USB, and disc. It wil also cause issue with many channels. It should spin up when you turn the wii on.
    mauifrog,
    Thanks again ... so HW failure right .. nothing to do with the Softmod ... correct?
    Solution = replace the DVD drive? Anything else I can try?
    Thanks in advance

  6. #7306
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    A bad DVD drive will prevent loading from USB, and disc. It wil also cause issue with many channels. It should spin up when you turn the wii on.
    So even if you already have it soft-modded, you will no longer be able to load from USB if your DVD-ROM craps out?

  7. #7307
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My buddy updated his 4.2 softmod via Nintendo online to 4.3. I used Smash Bros, installed all the wads and priloader. Everything installed perfectly according to guide. However, all the discs freeze after load and I get that black screen with "An error has occured. Press the eject button....Please read the Wii operations...."

    Is there a fix or do I have to wait for the next fix, say if 4.4 comes out?

    thanks

    Great guide, used it on several other wiis with responsible owners!

  8. #7308
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by toadsnes View Post
    My buddy updated his 4.2 softmod via Nintendo online to 4.3. I used Smash Bros, installed all the wads and priloader. Everything installed perfectly according to guide. However, all the discs freeze after load and I get that black screen with "An error has occured. Press the eject button....Please read the Wii operations...."

    Is there a fix or do I have to wait for the next fix, say if 4.4 comes out?

    thanks

    Great guide, used it on several other wiis with responsible owners!
    Load the backup disc from the backup disc channel.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #7309
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Load the backup disc from the backup disc channel.
    Dude, you made my day. I'll just swap that over to the spot with the real disc channel is and boom, everything is back to normal for them. Thanks!

  10. #7310
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ENGLAND/BIRMINGHAM
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Mauifrog your guide is perfection i have never modded anything and had this done in about a hour when dogeggs guide did not work i was qouted 50 to have some guy soft mod it for me so glad i found this site and you.You are a god send thank you so so much

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •