Page 700 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 20060065069069869970070170271075080012001700 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,000 of 18303

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #6991
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Part 2- Optional Region Change
    If you are changing the region of your wii, do this now


    2 question:

    My wii is 4.3u and If I didn't change the region I will be able to play games from europe region or pal ?

    After following guide I've noticed my wii is now4.1u , is that ok?

  2. #6992
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome tutorial!

    1 issue I'm having is when downloading covers or updates with configurable usb loader. It freezes during the download process and I have to click the reset button each time. USB Loader GX downloads everything fine. What can be the issue with cfg loader? Could the hard drive be the issue?

    Another issue I have had for a while now, and this may be off topic sorry, when transferring wbfs files using wii backup manager, somehow it corrupts lego star wars and super smash bros brawl. And in the program it will give a higher reading for the size of the file than it actually is. The games won't show up in usb loading apps but it will show up in the wii backup manager but without a hash. So then I remove those two games and install them again using the original discs through usb loader gx or cfg loader. When I go to transfer the files again to my backup hard drive using wii backup manager, it once again corrupts the games and they become unplayable once again. I have googled forever trying to find someone else who has this issue and can't find anyone who has mentioned this.

    I have updated wii backup manager to latest version. I have set the settings to game partition only. It just seems to have a problem with those two games mentioned above. Has anyone else come across this?

  3. #6993
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,187
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bugauto View Post
    Awesome tutorial!

    1 issue I'm having is when downloading covers or updates with configurable usb loader. It freezes during the download process and I have to click the reset button each time. USB Loader GX downloads everything fine. What can be the issue with cfg loader? Could the hard drive be the issue?

    Another issue I have had for a while now, and this may be off topic sorry, when transferring wbfs files using wii backup manager, somehow it corrupts lego star wars and super smash bros brawl. And in the program it will give a higher reading for the size of the file than it actually is. The games won't show up in usb loading apps but it will show up in the wii backup manager but without a hash. So then I remove those two games and install them again using the original discs through usb loader gx or cfg loader. When I go to transfer the files again to my backup hard drive using wii backup manager, it once again corrupts the games and they become unplayable once again. I have googled forever trying to find someone else who has this issue and can't find anyone who has mentioned this.

    I have updated wii backup manager to latest version. I have set the settings to game partition only. It just seems to have a problem with those two games mentioned above. Has anyone else come across this?
    Sorry, don't know. If your using wbfs drive, I suggest using fat32. If your load the loader from usb, perhaps try from sd. Also, the wii backup manger can dl all your covers for you, not sure what you issue is. You'll have to dick around with it and see if a solution is found. Not very common though.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  4. #6994
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Sorry, don't know. If your using wbfs drive, I suggest using fat32. If your load the loader from usb, perhaps try from sd. Also, the wii backup manger can dl all your covers for you, not sure what you issue is. You'll have to dick around with it and see if a solution is found. Not very common though.
    I think I just figured out why it won't download covers or updates. When I go to the homebrew channel, the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen blinks and never stops. So I guess it is having a hard time establishing the connection to the router.

    Yes I format to fat32, primary drive, set to active. Yes it is loading from usb. I will try loading from sd and see what happens. But I thought usb and sd both work for loading apps?

  5. #6995
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by bugauto View Post
    I think I just figured out why it won't download covers or updates. When I go to the homebrew channel, the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen blinks and never stops. So I guess it is having a hard time establishing the connection to the router.

    Yes I format to fat32, primary drive, set to active. Yes it is loading from usb. I will try loading from sd and see what happens. But I thought usb and sd both work for loading apps?
    Open SD:/usb-loader/config.txt with notepad or any text editor and add this line to it....

    fat_split_size = 4

    Save it and try to rip again. After ripping use the WBM or WBF from the FAt32 guide in my signature to extract as a .wbfs files then manually transfer to your backup drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by marcothebest2011 View Post
    [/B]

    2 question:

    My wii is 4.3u and If I didn't change the region I will be able to play games from europe region or pal ?

    After following guide I've noticed my wii is now4.1u , is that ok?
    Yes to both.
    Last edited by Krank; 02-24-2011 at 10:40 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  7. #6996
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Well i have done softmodding my Wii. Read mauifrogsīs guide to the T. Had to read it a few times to be sure in what i was doing, but everything worked out well. Had no problems. There was one thing i didnīt do and that was downgrading my Wii. Donīt think i need to. Mines a 4.3E.

  8. #6997
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by b@ne View Post
    Well i have done softmodding my Wii. Read mauifrogsīs guide to the T. Had to read it a few times to be sure in what i was doing, but everything worked out well. Had no problems. There was one thing i didnīt do and that was downgrading my Wii. Donīt think i need to. Mines a 4.3E.
    Downgrading wasn't optional, but it's too late now (unless you want to start the guide over).
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  9. #6998
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Open SD:/usb-loader/config.txt with notepad or any text editor and add this line to it....

    fat_split_size = 4

    Save it and try to rip again. After ripping use the WBM or WBF from the FAt32 guide in my signature to extract as a .wbfs files then manually transfer to your backup drive.
    Great I will try that. But if I transfer them again after that using WBM will they get corrupted again?

  10. #6999
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If I have two brand new black wii's and I mod them both and do nand backups on both but accidentally erase the nand backup files for one of the wii's will the other wii's nand backup files work for both wii's or just the one it came from?

  11. #7000
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how do you know which loader your using?

    im using buck up loader to play dvd-r mario kart and it wont read disc
    someone suguested changing loader settingsbut i have no clue how to do it please help
    Last edited by cathy28; 02-25-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •