Page 610 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 11051056060060860961061161262066071011101610 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 17911

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #6091
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    Yes it is safe for you to follow the guide to update to 4.1. IOS35 has nothing to do with your system menu and if syscheck completes then your IOS35 is fine.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  2. #6092
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Yes it is safe for you to follow the guide to update to 4.1. IOS35 has nothing to do with your system menu and if syscheck completes then your IOS35 is fine.
    Thank you Krank

    Last question, I dont have to start from the beggining, do I?, just update to 4.1 and then re-install priiloader. Please confirm.

    Thx

  3. #6093
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Correct. Then finish the guide of course.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  4. #6094
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch519 View Post
    Hey I have a WII on 4.3 I think it was modded before but then they updated it...it had the homebrew channel on it so I did this modd...but when playing games the frezze after 10-20 mins of playing games...and I kno its not the hard drive....any clues?
    And, just how do you know it's not the HDD, because, that is exactly what it sounds like to me.
    Either that, or overheating, check to make sure there isn't a bunch of dust clogging the airflow ports or something.

  5. #6095
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Trying to fix my once working softmod

    I have searched and cannot find a complete answer so I hope someone may have an answer for me!

    My Wii has stopped working (maybe it got an update? Found that Wiiconnect was on!). When I turn it on, I go to the system menu from the Priiloader v0.3 (r45) to HBC and after selecting the HBC the screen is black and the Wii is locked.

    In this guide, there is a section “Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed”…can I just follow this section? If so, after that section is complete, then I continue and follow the rest of the directions correct? Sorry this may seem like a lame question but it does seem that the section “Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed” may update everything and then I should be OK and hopefully the system will be up and running.

    (system menu IOSv70 v481) (Priiloader v0.3 r.45) (Wii v4.2u)


    Please help! Thanks!!
    Last edited by PlayMiiWii; 02-04-2011 at 02:24 AM.

  6. #6096
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by RZKYBZNZ View Post
    Sorry about that....The Guide here... if all done correctly, how long does it take?

    I have seen guides that claim to only take 20 minutes. Are they reliable?
    It can take only 20 mins if you are savvy enough with modding. Take your time and dont rush though..

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayMiiWii View Post
    I have searched and cannot find a complete answer so I hope someone may have an answer for me!

    My Wii has stopped working (maybe it got an update? Found that Wiiconnect was on!). When I turn it on, I go to the system menu from the Priiloader v0.3 (r45) to HBC and after selecting the HBC the screen is black and the Wii is locked.

    In this guide, there is a section “Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed”…can I just follow this section? If so, after that section is complete, then I continue and follow the rest of the directions correct? Sorry this may seem like a lame question but it does seem that the section “Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed” may update everything and then I should be OK and hopefully the system will be up and running.

    (system menu IOSv70 v481) (Priiloader v0.3 r.45) (Wii v4.2u)


    Please help! Thanks!!
    Just start from scratch everything will be installed over the top. Your mate has probably installed HB and neo gamma but no cios.
    The only thing that will remain is the neogamma channel that was installed this can be uninstalled using the wad that it was installed with or an app called any title deleter....
    Last edited by narse1979; 02-04-2011 at 03:10 AM.


  7. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  8. #6097
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    It can take only 20 mins if you are savvy enough with modding. Take your time and dont rush though..



    Just start from scratch everything will be installed over the top. Your mate has probably installed HB and neo gamma but no cios.
    The only thing that will remain is the neogamma channel that was installed this can be uninstalled using the wad that it was installed with or an app called any title deleter....
    Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your help and all of the good info here!

    OK….will be running the complete re-install tomorrow (Saturday), so I hope some of you will be ready for a question if I run into something (I really don’t want to brick it and wifey will be pi$$ed if there is no more Mario races!)

    Thanks again! (BTW, I would have thanked you but Active-X is blocked at work...will get you later!)
    Last edited by PlayMiiWii; 02-04-2011 at 05:45 AM.

  9. #6098
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Ca Do programs autoload the correct CIOS when needed ?

    Hi new to all this reading for weeks but still dont know answer.
    Softmodded black wii at usb-loader step
    My question is I have followed guide to the letter installed all 24cIOS without error -
    Do programs autoload the correct CIOS when needed ? or do I need to do a setup before
    I load programs in. eg. USB-Loader says ..FAT32 & NTFS Drives-- Install Hermes cIOS v4. (IOS222, IOS223)
    4.3 guide states I have all cIOS needed ... confused should I just run usbloader from homebrew channel and will it find the coorect cIOS ( Think reading so many guides may have me a bit confused )
    Thanks in advance ... (Wife said if I screw up just pack my bags) it her Wii

  10. #6099
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretch519 View Post
    Hey I have a WII on 4.3 I think it was modded before but then they updated it...it had the homebrew channel on it so I did this modd...but when playing games the frezze after 10-20 mins of playing games...and I kno its not the hard drive....any clues?
    Did you follow the guide (exactly) from the beginning? What kind of hdd is it? other than the HDD needing to be on the compatibility list, there are many HDD that go into sleep mode after 15-20mins causing game play issues due to low drive speeds from spin down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Archarzel View Post

    Spoiler

    after you finish THIS guide follow krank and ciles FAT32 guide.

    also... if you followed the guide exact you DO have everything.. and only minor tweaks are needed. following this guide should have CFG working out of the box...

    Spoiler

    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 02-04-2011 at 06:28 AM.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  11. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  12. #6100
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for this great guide (:


    One question;
    I've made a backup copy of my Indiana Jones Adventures PAL game, can I use that for softmodding?
    Or do I need to use my original / genuine game?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •