Page 569 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 6946951955956756856957057157961966910691569 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #5681
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    is the sd still in the wii while you are doing this or are you inserting it after you back out?
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I am inserting the SD card at the main menu and entering stage builder.. what do you mean by "after I back out?"

  2. #5682
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    After softmodding by this guide I have unknown channel. Data Management shows it as "??? channel" with questionmark icon. I can not search forum, because of this "???" string. Is it normal that I have such channel?

  3. #5683
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsnowman View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that, but I am inserting the SD card at the main menu and entering stage builder.. what do you mean by "after I back out?"

    Spoiler



    Just making sure that you followed that to a T.
    if you have then at the black screen: power off the wii. push and hold reset and power the wii on while still holding reset until app loads.

    Quote Originally Posted by lednar View Post
    After softmodding by this guide I have unknown channel. Data Management shows it as "??? channel" with questionmark icon. I can not search forum, because of this "???" string. Is it normal that I have such channel?
    there is something the wii isnt reading correctly i think.. could be the sd
    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 01-21-2011 at 10:39 AM.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  4. #5684
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no changes when I try holding reset and powering on.. goes to health and safety screen and when I push A loads back to system menu with and without SD card inserted.

  5. #5685
    New Member 2FastLX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Quote from guide

    Spoiler



    You dont NEED the game..
    I don't see how your response is supposed to help me? All you did was quote the same information I have been trying to figure out for two days. I downloaded the two USA files, and the two PAL files. And I downloaded the ISO. There are no instructions as to where to put these files, or how to run/install them? I am sorry I am a noob, but what is an rbk file? I read that I don't NEED the game. Is that what the ISO is? Do I put it in my WBFS folder on my usb drive? Then what?

  6. #5686
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsnowman View Post
    no changes when I try holding reset and powering on.. goes to health and safety screen and when I push A loads back to system menu with and without SD card inserted.
    check the lock slider on the sd card, try the reset trick with the slider lock in a different position.. other than that Im kind of confused..

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  7. #5687
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    832
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FastLX View Post
    I don't see how your response is supposed to help me? All you did was quote the same information I have been trying to figure out for two days. I downloaded the two USA files, and the two PAL files. And I downloaded the ISO. There are no instructions as to where to put these files, or how to run/install them? I am sorry I am a noob, but what is an rbk file? I read that I don't NEED the game. Is that what the ISO is? Do I put it in my WBFS folder on my usb drive? Then what?
    Load Nintendo Backup(250).iso.zip from disc or usb

    Select the restore option
    restore your Savegame HACK rbk file
    Yes, run the Nintendo Backup(250) from your usb device. You will need to unzip the file and transfer the iso to your usb drive with wii game manager or wii backup manager. When that disc is running there will be a restore option, select it. At that point you will restore your Savegame Hack .rbk file. I assume that the rbk file is what you downloaded in the first place. Use the one that is the same region as your wii.

    Disclaimer: I have never done this step and am just speculating on what seems like the obvious meaning of the instructions.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  9. #5688
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    unforunately no difference... not to worry, I've asked about 6 different people, all with different options, but nothing so far.. thanks for trying. if anyone else has any ideas, please, let me know.

  10. #5689
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FastLX View Post
    I don't see how your response is supposed to help me? All you did was quote the same information I have been trying to figure out for two days. I downloaded the two USA files, and the two PAL files. And I downloaded the ISO. There are no instructions as to where to put these files, or how to run/install them? I am sorry I am a noob, but what is an rbk file? I read that I don't NEED the game. Is that what the ISO is? Do I put it in my WBFS folder on my usb drive? Then what?

    Spoiler



    you stated that you did not have the game.. I was just letting yo know you didnt need the game.
    you download the file(one of them) for YOUR region your wii is on. you extract it to the rbk file (its a save file) on the root of the sd.
    Download and load Nintendo Backup(250).zip (the back up iso) to your usb.
    now save those files and do some research before you carry on. start here.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...oot-disks.html
    http://www.wiihacks.com/bricked-wii-...very-menu.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ptsnowman View Post
    unforunately no difference... not to worry, I've asked about 6 different people, all with different options, but nothing so far.. thanks for trying. if anyone else has any ideas, please, let me know.
    Start the guide over from the beginning..
    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 01-21-2011 at 11:12 AM.

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  11. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  12. #5690
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope that it will work, although I have tried it from the beginning somewhere around 20-30 times always with the same result.. and 3 different brands of SD card, and redownload and unzipped with different programs (7zip, compressed folders, and winrar)....anyone want to buy a fully functioning wii that can't be exploited? haha..

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •