Page 554 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 5445450454455255355455555656460465410541554 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #5531
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Alright guys, so I'm having problems with two steps right now and spent 4 hours yesterday and 3 hours today trying to work it out (and search the internet for answers).

    My first problem is that I can't get the regionupdate/downgrade working effectively. I tried both ways provided. Also, priiloader is only showing an error message and not installing - and it's not the acceptable error that occurs once it has downloaded. It claims there is something wrong involving an iso60 (or so I believe). It says it's not installed, but when I check to see which ISOs have been installed ... it is very much there.

    My second problem is that DarkCorp wont seem to download. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but playing games off disks (and eventually a hard drive when I can afford one) were my reasons for soft-modding my Wii.

    Lastly, when I go to install the "AnyWiiAppPack" it simply wont download onto my computer and I'm now having issues getting the Homebrew Browser back up and functional.

    Any help would be oh so much appreciated!

  2. #5532
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 779 Times in 591 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniCakes View Post
    Alright guys, so I'm having problems with two steps right now and spent 4 hours yesterday and 3 hours today trying to work it out (and search the internet for answers).

    My first problem is that I can't get the regionupdate/downgrade working effectively. I tried both ways provided. Also, priiloader is only showing an error message and not installing - and it's not the acceptable error that occurs once it has downloaded. It claims there is something wrong involving an iso60 (or so I believe). It says it's not installed, but when I check to see which ISOs have been installed ... it is very much there.

    My second problem is that DarkCorp wont seem to download. This obviously isn't the end of the world, but playing games off disks (and eventually a hard drive when I can afford one) were my reasons for soft-modding my Wii.

    Lastly, when I go to install the "AnyWiiAppPack" it simply wont download onto my computer and I'm now having issues getting the Homebrew Browser back up and functional.

    Any help would be oh so much appreciated!
    Introduce Yourself


  3. #5533
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Did the 4.3 guide and what happens now is, when i turn the wii on the green light comes on but does not boot straight up , it takes about 1min to boot on the screen .... plz is there any way to sort this .... thanx

  4. #5534
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by desperado836 View Post
    Done and done. Can I get help now plz?

  5. #5535
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniCakes View Post
    Done and done. Can I get help now plz?
    1. May I ask why you are wanting to region change your Wii? It isn't needed your 99% of the people following this guide. Don't do it just because it is in the guide. If you bought your Wii in the US then don't change the region.
    2. Try to reinstall Priiloader so you can be a little more specific about the error.
    3. DARKCORP is not needed to run games from the disk channel. You can always use Neogamma and besides the link works just fine for me. If you want to install it then try to download it again. Also if you Wii is a newer one then you can't play backup games from DVD anyway. If your Wii is a year or newer then your only option would be to use a USB hard drive.
    Last edited by Krafter; 01-16-2011 at 07:18 AM.

  6. #5536
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    mauifrog. As inexperienced as I am to this, I followed the guide step by step as ordered and was successful. Since, time spent reading and stumbling through issues. Everything seems fine and I added an external HD last night. I loaded a test game, the Indiana Jones we used in modding and would now like to delete it but can't. I press - when the cfg.usb loader comes up and it goes to "start game".
    How do I get to a screen to delete this from the USB HDD
    Thank you

  7. #5537
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamsen723 View Post
    mauifrog. As inexperienced as I am to this, I followed the guide step by step as ordered and was successful. Since, time spent reading and stumbling through issues. Everything seems fine and I added an external HD last night. I loaded a test game, the Indiana Jones we used in modding and would now like to delete it but can't. I press - when the cfg.usb loader comes up and it goes to "start game".
    How do I get to a screen to delete this from the USB HDD
    Thank you
    Press - while hovering over the game. If you select it you can't press -.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  9. #5538
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    You need to enable it in the config.txt in Cfg as that option is disabeld in this guide.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Krank For This Useful Post


  11. #5539
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have my brother in-laws Wii here. It is on 4.2u using the V2 Ultimate Wii 4.2 Softmod Guide from another site. It worked fine untill his son did a game update for DJ Hero 2 and now the usb loader wont work. How do I fix this? Thanks for the help in advance.

  12. #5540
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    1. May I ask why you are wanting to region change your Wii? It isn't needed your 99% of the people following this guide. Don't do it just because it is in the guide. If you bought your Wii in the US then don't change the region.
    2. Try to reinstall Priiloader so you can be a little more specific about the error.
    3. DARKCORP is not needed to run games from the disk channel. You can always use Neogamma and besides the link works just fine for me. If you want to install it then try to download it again. Also if you Wii is a newer one then you can't play backup games from DVD anyway. If your Wii is a year or newer then your only option would be to use a USB hard drive.
    1. I was under the impression that changing the region would downgrade my Wii... well,
    here's my reasoning: My Wii is old - before 3 days ago it was only updated to 3.4, so
    finding a reliable softmod guide for 3.4 was quite difficult. I decided to update it, but
    then I heard a rumor from a few sources basically saying the Nintendo issued out
    some sort of patch that affected the ISOs. That's why I was trying to change the
    region because I thought it was how you were able to downgrade it... sort of.
    2. I will either do that tonight or tomorrow (when I can make time), I have a lot of
    errands to run today. I'll make it a point to not draw this out, so expect feedback
    pronto.
    3. Auh. Good to know that DarkCorp isn't my only option! Where might I find
    Neogamma? Would it be on the Homebrew Browser channel?

    Thank you for time (and patients)! <3

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •