Page 509 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 940945949950750850951051151955960910091509 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 18088

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #5081
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Kim View Post
    During chapter 2, I downloaded 2 zip files (ModPack and UpdatePack). My question is After unzip, Whole files need to be at SD card together? ModPack has wad folder, Update Pack also has one. So, I'm confused 2 wad folders need to be united? or install separately? Please advise. Thanks in advance.
    Merge them.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  3. #5082
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Not able to read most of my DVD backups

    I have an old wii, hard-modded with the original Wiikey 3 years ago. Firmware of wiikey is 1.9s.
    I was running on wii firmware 3.2E for years and everything was working well. A year ago or something like that I upgraded to 3.4E from a disc update, and then 60% of my backups did not work anymore: Unable to read disc, please refer to Wii manual.
    I went through the "softmod any wii" guide in the begining of this thread, installed HBC, Darkcorp, Neogamma 9.47 etc and updated the firmware to 4.1E. The wii is still not able to load my DVD backup games.
    Even old games like WiiPlay will not load from my backup DVDs (the loaded perfectly a few years ago with my Wiikey 1.9s on Wii 3.2E).

    Any suggestions what I should try next?

  4. #5083
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komli View Post
    I have an old wii, hard-modded with the original Wiikey 3 years ago. Firmware of wiikey is 1.9s.
    I was running on wii firmware 3.2E for years and everything was working well. A year ago or something like that I upgraded to 3.4E from a disc update, and then 60% of my backups did not work anymore: Unable to read disc, please refer to Wii manual.
    I went through the "softmod any wii" guide in the begining of this thread, installed HBC, Darkcorp, Neogamma 9.47 etc and updated the firmware to 4.1E. The wii is still not able to load my DVD backup games.
    Even old games like WiiPlay will not load from my backup DVDs (the loaded perfectly a few years ago with my Wiikey 1.9s on Wii 3.2E).

    Any suggestions what I should try next?
    Perhaps find a firmware update for WiiKey.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5084
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    thank you for everything

    thank you for everything

  6. #5085
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Perhaps find a firmware update for WiiKey.
    As far as I know 1.9s is the latest wiikey firmware. If there is a later version; where can I find it?
    Will I be better of just removing the wiikey from my wii and only run on softmod?

  7. #5086
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Komli View Post
    As far as I know 1.9s is the latest wiikey firmware. If there is a later version; where can I find it?
    Will I be better of just removing the wiikey from my wii and only run on softmod?
    v1.9b is the latest version (that I could find). It is weird to me that 1.9b came out after 1.9s.

    You can download 1.9b here. The rar file has ISO's for all regions. You can also download updates from the official site, but you need to make an account.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  8. #5087
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    v1.9b is the latest version (that I could find). It is weird to me that 1.9b came out after 1.9s.
    Maybe beta and stable? Your guess is good as mine.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  9. #5088
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    Your guess is good as mine.
    Don't kid yourself, my guess is always better (despite the fact I'm usually wrong)!
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  10. #5089
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I downloaded 1.99 beta for the wiikey (this seems to be the latest), but it did not help. I can still not read the games which I could read when I had firmware 3.2E on my wii. The softmod have not helped me so far other than making the channels appear more messy.

    Any other suggetions? Is there any way to roll back what was changed from the 3.2E to 3.4E update?
    Is there any methods of totaly resetting the wii back to the original state?
    Will it help to remove the wiikey and only using softmod?

  11. #5090
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice guide, got mine working first try (:

    Thank you!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •