Page 460 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 3604104504584594604614624705105609601460 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 18137

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #4591
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, i'm kinda a noob and i have a few questions regarding this guide.

    My wii is currently on 3.4U and i think its semi bricked cuz it has 2 news and weather channels..this is probably cuz when i bought my wii, my dad took it to his friend to hardmod it and i downloaded all these games, oblivious to the cross region update and that kinda stuff. But anyways, can i still follow this guide to softmod my messed up wii? Thanks in advance!

  2. #4592
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by otbwii View Post
    MonkeyGirl i have basically the same issue. Dont worry you can get your wii back like i did but it requires removing the priiloader from the wii. It is where I am at also. I have not yet gotten any responses but hopefully someone will save the day soon. Hope your day gets better.
    Thanks for that. Makes me feel better to know i am not the only one who's done this hehe. I figured there was a way to fix my messup and will wait patiently for help..bad time to mess up the wii, around the holidays haha. I was doing some searching and found some things to possibly do but i fear i would screw things up more if i fiddled about on my own so I broke it to the family that there will be no wii over the holidays. They took it better than i thought they would. Thanks for responding and letting me know not to worry. Happy holidays to you.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You MonkeyGirl For This Useful Post


  4. #4593
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Please hepl please !!!

    Hi mates, I guess you have to be very busy with a lot of people asking you for help, so I already thank you very much just for reading this message, but I if you could actually help me to solve my thing, I will donate as much as I humbly can.

    The thing is I have the red wii (firmware 4.3), so I had to softmod it using the Indiana Pwns exploit. I followed all the steps as the guide shows, but I think something went wrong, I tell you more forward.

    So I did all the process, I even installed darkcorps. But then I tried to play a game and I could not. I tried it from a dvd using the Neogamma channel and from a hard drive using cfg usb loader. I jus got errors. I dont know, maybe Im doing something wrong but, what do you have to do once everything is installed? How can you play the games?

    The other thing I wanted to tell you is that when I was installing the NANDs, you know, when appears the screen getting filled of green little squares, one of those little squares was black...what do you think about that?

    I have a lot of doubts, although I read a lot of posts, I dont find the solution. I just hope you could answer and see if we can fix this. Thank you so much.

    Happy christmas !!

  5. #4594
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Computers and hacking etc. aren't exactly my thing, so I'm still kinda overwhelmed by the gross amounts of new/difficult information.

    Anyway, I just finished maurifrog's tutorial (which has been really great!)
    When I now power on my Wii, I see the HBC, Configurable USB Loader, Back up disc channel and load mii channel.

    However, when I enter the HBC, press the home button and launch boot mii, the wii screen turns black and nothing happens anymore.

    I'd like to see my system settings (see if the region has been changed to US) etc. but because of the black screen freezes I am now afraid that something went wrong.

    In the end I just want to be able to put an external USB HDD in my Wii and play some games (I haven't tested that yet though, so can't tell if the USB loader really works).

    My questions at this time;
    - Am I supposed to black screen freeze when launching bootmii? If not, how to fix it?
    - Does my SD card (containing only: the extracts of AnyWii-AppPack.zip) have to be in my Wii or not? Partially confused here.

    I'm sure I'll be needing the help of you again in the future, but I'm really appreciating the helpfulness of this community already.

    Thank you

    EDIT: I've read several topics and I figured out what the problem was. I hadn't placed my SD in my Wii. I put the back up files on my SD as well, and bootmii works now.
    Last edited by 1nevitable; 12-26-2010 at 06:39 AM.

  6. #4595
    New Member noprob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    eastern West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by atuncontumae View Post
    Hi mates, I guess you have to be very busy with a lot of people asking you for help, so I already thank you very much just for reading this message, but I if you could actually help me to solve my thing, I will donate as much as I humbly can.

    The thing is I have the red wii (firmware 4.3), so I had to softmod it using the Indiana Pwns exploit. I followed all the steps as the guide shows, but I think something went wrong, I tell you more forward.

    So I did all the process, I even installed darkcorps. But then I tried to play a game and I could not. I tried it from a dvd using the Neogamma channel and from a hard drive using cfg usb loader. I jus got errors. I dont know, maybe Im doing something wrong but, what do you have to do once everything is installed? How can you play the games?

    The other thing I wanted to tell you is that when I was installing the NANDs, you know, when appears the screen getting filled of green little squares, one of those little squares was black...what do you think about that?

    I have a lot of doubts, although I read a lot of posts, I dont find the solution. I just hope you could answer and see if we can fix this. Thank you so much.

    Happy christmas !!
    I too have soft modded a red Wii 4.3U the same way as you.

    As to installing darkcorps that is from my reading not to be done,now if I feel more so experienced to do so then maybe,but for now and probably forever I will not,it's for those imo willing to brick their Wii,just my opinion.

    As to (not) knowing what to do once you have soft modded your Wii it would seem to me you have rushed into this and not comprehended/understood your quest to soft mod the Wii in question.

    I'm not in the know on what soft mod guild you followed,I used mauifrog's and once completed it was a success.

    two little squares were black on my NAND backup,no problem just two bad blocks not used for the backup,once verified ok it's good then saved on two separate computers on a non operating system drive. (just in case of a fatal crash)

    I am fortunate to have my wife whom keeps me still while I soft mod as I tend to get very excited and rushed,which is not good for a successful soft mod.

    I wish I could help you more,but I am still in my soft mod infancy (first soft mod 11/18/2010 - second soft mod December 2010) both successful.

  7. #4596
    New Member noprob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    eastern West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by 1nevitable View Post
    Computers and hacking etc. aren't exactly my thing, so I'm still kinda overwhelmed by the gross amounts of new/difficult information.

    Anyway, I just finished maurifrog's tutorial (which has been really great!)
    When I now power on my Wii, I see the HBC, Configurable USB Loader, Back up disc channel and load mii channel.

    However, when I enter the HBC, press the home button and launch boot mii, the wii screen turns black and nothing happens anymore.

    I'd like to see my system settings (see if the region has been changed to US) etc. but because of the black screen freezes I am now afraid that something went wrong.

    In the end I just want to be able to put an external USB HDD in my Wii and play some games (I haven't tested that yet though, so can't tell if the USB loader really works).

    My questions at this time;
    - Am I supposed to black screen freeze when launching bootmii? If not, how to fix it?
    - Does my SD card (containing only: the extracts of AnyWii-AppPack.zip) have to be in my Wii or not? Partially confused here.

    I'm sure I'll be needing the help of you again in the future, but I'm really appreciating the helpfulness of this community already.

    Thank you
    I can relate to your statement "overwhelmed by the gross amounts of information"
    It is only new or difficult because of our ignorance to soft modding the Wii which I believe is a ppc computer.

    You have used or read the same and only soft mod guide that has successfully modded two Wii's with the help of my wife,I personally if asked would tell anyone interested in soft modding their Wii to use maurifrog's tutorial.

    From my understanding the back up channel is of no use,at least to me and I only use HBC and Configurable USB Loader,not sure what the load mii channel is used for and don't use it as the HBC and or Configurable USB Loader do for me what is needed... to load and play games.

    Please realize this is just from my experiance,still in my soft mod infancy...with that in mind here are some more answers to your questions.

    bootmii will black screen freeze because it is only used to allow a back up restore from a possible brick condition.

    I always kept the SD card in the Wii until I (with my wife's help) formatted a usb external hard drive to boot when turning on the Wii.

    I used a file called sysCheck to run on SD card which saves a .csv file that shows my Wii's system information once copied over to my pc desktop from SD card,then using a notepad alternative called metapad to view and share if desired.

  8. #4597
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can i downgrade my updated 4.3 wii to 4.2 Wii because I am not able to install Homebrew channel back to my updated soft-mod wii. Please advice. Thanks.

  9. #4598
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    That's more of a chicken-the egg idea. If your Wii softmod attempt failed (which is what in a round-about way is what I'm hearing you say), you wouldn't successfully downgrade. The sole purpose of downgrading in the real world would be to downgrade to 4.1 for a user who also has a modchip installed. I don't think this is a solution to your problem.

  10. #4599
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    priiloader update

    A new version of priiloader is out. How can I update my existing version?

  11. #4600
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawful123 View Post
    A new version of priiloader is out. How can I update my existing version?
    You really think this is the place to ask?

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...-released.html

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...e-0-5-r99.html

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •