Page 435 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 3353854254334344354364374454855359351435 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,350 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #4341
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a lot! My friends have successfully softmodded their Wii using the guide for 4.2U. I tried to follow that guide and updated my Wii. Unfortunately, it updated to 4.3U instead of 4.2U. Therefore, I had to look for a guide for a 4.3U. This guide seems to be what I was looking for. However, it said that "Do not update to 4.3U". Thus I am not sure if I can still follow this guide to softmod my Wii. I do not want to break it. I am new to this kind of stuff. A lot of posts say "Do not update your Wii through Nintendo". Why is it? Are there ways to work around it? Like downgrade 4.3U to 4.2U and follow the guide for 4.2U. I do not have the games such as the Indiana PWNS or Smash Stack. Do I have to buy these games before hacking Wii 4.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by peire View Post
    yes you can and intraduce yourself aswll you will get loads of helpfull links

  2. #4342
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by wicken View Post
    Thanks a lot! My friends have successfully softmodded their Wii using the guide for 4.2U. I tried to follow that guide and updated my Wii. Unfortunately, it updated to 4.3U instead of 4.2U. Therefore, I had to look for a guide for a 4.3U. This guide seems to be what I was looking for. However, it said that "Do not update to 4.3U". Thus I am not sure if I can still follow this guide to softmod my Wii. I do not want to break it. I am new to this kind of stuff. A lot of posts say "Do not update your Wii through Nintendo". Why is it? Are there ways to work around it? Like downgrade 4.3U to 4.2U and follow the guide for 4.2U. I do not have the games such as the Indiana PWNS or Smash Stack. Do I have to buy these games before hacking Wii 4.3?
    yes you can still use this guide you can not downgrade to use another guide you will still have to use this guide either buy the game borrow it or buy a preowned game and take it back to get round the updates off Nintendo you will install priiloader and enable the block disc and online updates if you wish to downgrade it will give you the option to downgrade to 4.1 but its optional
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  3. #4343
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So I will be getting a brand new black wii tomorrow. I have read the guide and it makes sense but I do have one question. When it says to format sd card.. does that mean to format it fat32 ?

    Thanks

  4. #4344
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaner View Post
    So I will be getting a brand new black wii tomorrow. I have read the guide and it makes sense but I do have one question. When it says to format sd card.. does that mean to format it fat32 ?

    Thanks

    yes or any FAT partition
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  5. #4345
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Awesome! Thanks.

  6. #4346
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    SD bigger than 2gb

    I have a SD card with the capacity of 4gb. Can it be done with that or it must be 2gb or less?

    Thank you,
    Aleks

  7. #4347
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,143 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Sandisk 2GB is recommended it might have compability problems in some steps

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Red_Gh0st For This Useful Post


  9. #4348
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks again! I will buy a LEGO Indiana Jones game (which seems to be the cheapest one among the three games) and sell it later. I hope this works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by peire View Post
    yes you can still use this guide you can not downgrade to use another guide you will still have to use this guide either buy the game borrow it or buy a preowned game and take it back to get round the updates off Nintendo you will install priiloader and enable the block disc and online updates if you wish to downgrade it will give you the option to downgrade to 4.1 but its optional

  10. #4349
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I think I've finally wrapped my head around most of these apps and process, but I have an unanswered questions about BootMii. I was fortunate enough to have an older Wii that allowed me to install BootMii as boot2. I now understand the boot2 vs cIOS difference and get that Bootmii is the best brick protection out there. Here are my ?'s:

    1. Is there any way to run BootMii from USB? (I'm guessing no as the NAND was physically modified and it's hardcoded to point to SD??)
    2. Is there any point in running BootMii unless I need to restore my original NAND now that I'm softmodded? - *I* don't see any...

    It seems that I should be using PriiLoader to launch something other than the System Menu directly so I wouldn't use BootMii for anything other any emergency brick restoration at this point. It would be nice to know that I can run everything off USB - though and I've done a lot of reading and haven't found anything that shows me how to run BootMii from USB.

    Thanks again for the resource and the help.

    MG

  11. #4350
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    ok np it will work just stick to the guide and you will be fine
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •