Page 431 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 3313814214294304314324334414815319311431 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 18303

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #4301
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Wii is fully soft-modded and working, but a lot of my IOS files are out-of-date. If I download the ModPack and run through the "Install all Wads" step, I'm not going to mess anything up, right? I'm assuming that's something people do all the time to do periodic updates?

    And since all I need to do is some IOS updates, there's nothing else I need to do after that, right? It doesn't seem like the rest of the guide applies.
    Last edited by peter17319; 12-19-2010 at 01:42 AM.

  2. #4302
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peter17319 View Post
    My Wii is fully soft-modded and working, but a lot of my IOS files are out-of-date. If I download the ModPack and run through the "Install all Wads" step, I'm not going to mess anything up, right? I'm assuming that's something people do all the time to do periodic updates?

    And since all I need to do is some IOS updates, there's nothing else I need to do after that, right? It doesn't seem like the rest of the guide applies.
    If your Wii is already softmodded, use this to update IOS files and this to update softmods.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #4303
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    i wish to collect some advice/comment to my questions on thread #2366
    1. Why i couldn't reinstall the NANDBackup file from BootMii, as the nandbackup was originally made during the softmod ?
    Is there a need to do some preparation, such as KeyFit, MakeKeyBin ?

    2. Would a corrupted Wii_4.3x System be shown as v(null) in SysCheck ?


    3. I noted that "The System menu v512 is running under IOS58_v6175" in SysCheck. What that means ?
    Why not reports as " The (4.3) System_v512 running under IOS80_v6943" ?
    [remark: on the SysCheck CV, IOS16, 20, 30, 50, 60, 70, and 236 were shown ver_54321.]

    4. Should I re-install the SysMenu_4.3j_v512 ? ..and how could i get the SysMenu_v512.wad file ?

    Any echo is appreciated.
    Last edited by billyhome; 12-19-2010 at 08:52 AM.

  4. #4304
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have successfully installed Bannerbomb on my Wii 4.2e. I'm not sure of what to do next in order to play games. I have the following options

    cios 222 installer (cios fo uloader), cios installer (installs cios38 rev 14), Dop-IOS MOD (Mod of Dop-IOS), Neo Gamma (Play Wii games), Prii Loader (Preloader Mod), USB Loader GX (Loads games from USB device) and WAD Manger (installs/Uninstalls WADs).

    I followed you guide from the Nand back up as I had already installed the Homebrew via Bannerbomb. I then followed chapter two and downloaded the file to a new 2G SD card. I verified the check sum and then put the SD card in the wii and launched Homebrew and then I had to load Multi-Mod Manager. I then installed the Wads but got a message saying 24 installed successfully, 24 not installed. In the guide it states that all wads must be installed successfully. Would the fact that I already had Homebrew installed (from bannerbomb) becausing me issues? I have a wii 4.2e. Thanks in advance for any help.

  5. #4305
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktower99 View Post
    I have successfully installed Bannerbomb on my Wii 4.2e. I'm not sure of what to do next in order to play games. I have the following options

    cios 222 installer (cios fo uloader), cios installer (installs cios38 rev 14), Dop-IOS MOD (Mod of Dop-IOS), Neo Gamma (Play Wii games), Prii Loader (Preloader Mod), USB Loader GX (Loads games from USB device) and WAD Manger (installs/Uninstalls WADs).

    I followed you guide from the Nand back up as I had already installed the Homebrew via Bannerbomb. I then followed chapter two and downloaded the file to a new 2G SD card. I verified the check sum and then put the SD card in the wii and launched Homebrew and then I had to load Multi-Mod Manager. I then installed the Wads but got a message saying 24 installed successfully, 24 not installed. In the guide it states that all wads must be installed successfully. Would the fact that I already had Homebrew installed (from bannerbomb) becausing me issues? I have a wii 4.2e. Thanks in advance for any help.
    You shouldn't have skipped any steps just because you have the HBC installed. If you do all of Chapter 1 using the "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" spoiler, you should be okay.

    About the failed wads, do you have a mac? That might be why your wads screwed up.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  6. #4306
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    You shouldn't have skipped any steps just because you have the HBC installed. If you do all of Chapter 1 using the "Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed" spoiler, you should be okay.

    About the failed wads, do you have a mac? That might be why your wads screwed up.
    The contents of the d/l will be the same as it is on a pc. It's normally when someone rars or zips something on a mac you may see a slight change in the file contents...


  7. #4307
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    The contents of the d/l will be the same as it is on a pc. It's normally when someone rars or zips something on a mac you may see a slight change in the file contents...
    That's what I thought, but tommytom posted this yesterday and I wasn't sure. It has been about 6 months since I have used a mac, so I couldn't confirm it.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  8. #4308
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    That's what I thought, but tommytom posted this yesterday and I wasn't sure. It has been about 6 months since I have used a mac, so I couldn't confirm it.
    I know what he is saying but im sure this happens just when you zip something on a mac. I'm d/l the pack as we speak so checking it out....


  9. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


  10. #4309
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I do have a mac. I downloaded the files to the mac and then dragged them over to Windows 7 (running virtually on mac) and done the check sum from there. I will start over this time from Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed. I will download the files directly to windows 7 and see how I get on from there! Thanks for your help and real speedy response.

  11. #4310
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktower99 View Post
    I do have a mac. I downloaded the files to the mac and then dragged them over to Windows 7 (running virtually on mac) and done the check sum from there. I will start over this time from Softmods with HOMEBREW CHANNEL installed. I will download the files directly to windows 7 and see how I get on from there! Thanks for your help and real speedy response.
    I did infact just check this out and the mac does transfer resource files onto the sd card (identical names as the wads that need to be installed) So infact it looks like you have 48 wad files to install but there are only 24. MMM obviously tries to install these resource files as well and that is why you get the msg saying 24 have installed which is what you want and 24 haven't(resource files), so I wouldn't worry about doing it again because it is only the resource files that have failed to install.....


  12. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •