Page 415 of 1824 FirstFirst ... 3153654054134144154164174254655159151415 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 18240

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #4141
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    just follow the guide if you allready have the HBC then skip that part of the guide were you have to install it
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  2. #4142
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I recently used this guide to softmod my wii:
    How to Back Up and Play Your Wii Games from an External Hard Drive
    Did everything to the T with the exception of installing cios36...used cios250 instead.

    After reading a bit more about the whole process here I am assuming that was probably not the best guide to use.

    Everything seems to be run ok except for Super Mario Galaxy...haven't tried the Band Hero instruments but im betting those wont work based on this thread.

    So the question is since I have HBC installed already, can I just jump to Chapter 2 in this guide and install all the latest updates without any ill effects to what I have done already?

    I really wish i had read this forum first...but that would have been too easy.

    Thanks!

  3. #4143
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    For someone who hasn't updated any cIOS or any wads in over a year, would it be beneficial to run this program, and have it install all the included .wads? Just so I'm more up to date on all the cIOS files. Granted nothing on my Wii is broken now, but I'm running 4.1U and haven't updated any IOS in quite some time. I figure it might help with any future potential errors with USB Loader.

  4. #4144
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by darklavalizard View Post
    For someone who hasn't updated any cIOS or any wads in over a year, would it be beneficial to run this program, and have it install all the included .wads? Just so I'm more up to date on all the cIOS files. Granted nothing on my Wii is broken now, but I'm running 4.1U and haven't updated any IOS in quite some time. I figure it might help with any future potential errors with USB Loader.

    use this guide to update your old softmod http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-softmod.html
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  5. #4145
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peire View Post
    use this guide to update your old softmod http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-softmod.html
    That pack contains the most recent versions of the .wads? It doesn't seem to mention anything about updating cIOS222 or cIOS250?

  6. #4146
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by darklavalizard View Post
    That pack contains the most recent versions of the .wads? It doesn't seem to mention anything about updating cIOS222 or cIOS250?
    have a look at this http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...cios-wads.html
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  7. #4147
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peire View Post
    Yea under his "Extra:Install all recommended cIOS :-)" section it appears he uses MMM to install all the cIOS, just like what I asked in my first post. I guess I'll just go about it that way.

  8. #4148
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks a million works great with all my soft mods and so much easier but i came across one 2day a lil trouble with configurable loader it loads games but my menu is all black has this happened to anyone? if did a search any help would be greatly appreciated thanks



    I got it i had to update it i downloaded the a newer version and upgraded it with the sd card and it works fine
    Last edited by muff; 12-14-2010 at 05:21 PM.

  9. #4149
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Check Sums

    I'm on this step at the moment:

    All check sums should verify without error (very important)

    I successfully matched all but 3 check sums, including each and every .wad file. The three that did not work were:

    bootmii\armboot.bin
    bootmii\bootmii.ini
    bootmii\ppcboot.elf

    Is it okay that I continue on without these? I don't want to proceed without knowing that I'm safe to go on.

  10. #4150
    Member WhiteShad0wX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm right here
    Posts
    1,615
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 319 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agonydfeet View Post
    I recently used this guide to softmod my wii:
    wiihacks doesn't support guides outside of its own
    Did everything to the T with the exception of installing cios36...used cios250 instead.

    After reading a bit more about the whole process here I am assuming that was probably not the best guide to use.

    Everything seems to be run ok except for Super Mario Galaxy...haven't tried the Band Hero instruments but im betting those wont work based on this thread.

    So the question is since I have HBC installed already, can I just jump to Chapter 2 in this guide and install all the latest updates without any ill effects to what I have done already?

    I really wish i had read this forum first...but that would have been too easy.

    Thanks!
    first, wiihacks only supports its guides. If you have questions about offsite guides, why don't you ask on the website where they are located?
    second - yes, just skip and it'll overwrite what's there

    Quote Originally Posted by trevlevs View Post
    I'm on this step at the moment:

    All check sums should verify without error (very important)

    I successfully matched all but 3 check sums, including each and every .wad file. The three that did not work were:

    bootmii\armboot.bin
    bootmii\bootmii.ini
    bootmii\ppcboot.elf

    Is it okay that I continue on without these? I don't want to proceed without knowing that I'm safe to go on.
    try downloading and checking the sums again, maybe that download got corrupted...
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

  11. 1 User Says Thank You WhiteShad0wX For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •