Page 397 of 1833 FirstFirst ... 2973473873953963973983994074474978971397 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 18329

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #3961
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holographic Angel View Post
    But doesn't FAT32 have a file size limit of 4gb? Aren't most Wii games over 4gb? Just wondering because I have a 1 tb HDD formatted half in NTFS and half FAT32, wouldn't that work then?
    most game are 4gb yes, but the loader or the wbfs manager shrink them to usually half of them. so its not a big issues. and if its really more than 4gb, i think the loader will split them in hyalf (nit sure).

  2. 1 User Says Thank You Cabanon For This Useful Post


  3. #3962
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabanon View Post
    most game are 4gb yes, but the loader or the wbfs manager shrink them to usually half of them. so its not a big issues. and if its really more than 4gb, i think the loader will split them in hyalf (nit sure).
    I think he ment that you cant copy more than 4GB from your pc?

  4. #3963
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oskar123 View Post
    I think he ment that you cant copy more than 4GB from your pc?
    same thing, the manager shrink the game anyway. if your iso is 4.37gb, the manage usually compress it to half, so it appears at around 2,5gb or less. at least mine's doing it.

  5. #3964
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What is wad manager? Where do i find it? do i need it to add the wad file from my usb to fix USB loader gx? I also get an error when i try to upen the USB configurator channel. Is this critical?
    Last edited by oskar123; 12-09-2010 at 10:50 AM.

  6. #3965
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    A very good tutorial: Thanks!
    I have a question (at least one) : You install IOS58 and IOS61 if the system menu version is 4.2 or less.I understand this, do u install IOS58 for using in the hackmii installer and ,after,the homebrew channel. However I dont understand why do u install IOS61? What is the purpose?

    Thanks

  7. #3966
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ok did what u suggested, worked great. but still have same prob as i do with ALL thes tutorials, black screen no matter what game i load. using WBFS putting iso into my usb and games show up, i can download covers but games will not boot. i dont understand. plse help.

  8. #3967
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesquinas View Post
    A very good tutorial: Thanks!
    I have a question (at least one) : You install IOS58 and IOS61 if the system menu version is 4.2 or less.I understand this, do u install IOS58 for using in the hackmii installer and ,after,the homebrew channel. However I dont understand why do u install IOS61? What is the purpose?

    Thanks
    IOS61 is for the old HBC. If you decided you wanted HBC v1.0.6 for some reason, you would need IOS61 to install it.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  9. #3968
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    55
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Originally Posted by rogerde

    Spoiler






    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    It could be an incompatibility with cios used by neogamma and your wiikey. Not really sure, all games work fine from disc channel but not neogamma? You may try to load the disc with cfg usbloader. Is this an issue for you or just an observation?
    Thanks mauifrog for reply.
    Have you had a look at syscheck in spoiler. If so do you see any issues i may have in there?
    My main aim is to use a external hard disc drive, but i'm waiting for it to arrive.
    Do you think it may be a good idea to try without wiikey fusion installed. I could soon take it out, does not take long.
    You say try on cfg usbloader, but when i click on it, and start, it says error: could'nt open file.

    Thanks again for reply.

  10. #3969
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    IOS61 is for the old HBC. If you decided you wanted HBC v1.0.6 for some reason, you would need IOS61 to install it.
    Ok,I agree with you but I think that it's confusing because the tutorial is very focused to HBC 1.0.8 with the installation packs and then isn't necessary IOS61.
    Another question: Dou you know if HBC 1.0.8 + IOS58 supports SDHC cards?

    Thanks again

  11. #3970
    Member WhiteShad0wX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm right here
    Posts
    1,615
    Thanks
    274
    Thanked 320 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesquinas View Post
    Dou you know if HBC 1.0.8 + IOS58 supports SDHC cards?
    it works fine for me
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •