Page 281 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 1812312712792802812822832913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #2801
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello again!

    Going to need a bit more clarification. (Sorry this is all so new to me)

    I downloaded XYZZY to my computer, Extracted the file onto my SD card. I then launched the homebrew channel, went to the SD card, but all it says is "exit" when I go in there.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2802
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by thec0wboy View Post
    Hello again!

    Going to need a bit more clarification. (Sorry this is all so new to me)

    I downloaded XYZZY to my computer, Extracted the file onto my SD card. I then launched the homebrew channel, went to the SD card, but all it says is "exit" when I go in there.

    What am I doing wrong?
    rename xyzzy.dol to boot.dol and move it to sd:\app\xyzzy\boot.dol
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #2803
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    rename xyzzy.dol to boot.dol and move it to sd:\app\xyzzy\boot.dol
    Still no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

    I opened up my SD card, went into the xyzzy file, fount the xyzzy.dol file, renamed to boot.dol and moved to app\xyzzy\. (note there was no app file, so I had to create the folder. same with the xyzzy)

    When I go into homebrew, I click the home button, launch the bootmii, then try to click on the SD card?

    Thanks for your patience.

  4. #2804
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by thec0wboy View Post
    Still no luck. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

    I opened up my SD card, went into the xyzzy file, fount the xyzzy.dol file, renamed to boot.dol and moved to app\xyzzy\. (note there was no app file, so I had to create the folder. same with the xyzzy)

    When I go into homebrew, I click the home button, launch the bootmii, then try to click on the SD card?

    Thanks for your patience.
    Extract this to sd:\
    xyzzy.zip
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #2805
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Extract this to sd:\
    xyzzy.zip
    Now I see the xyzzy buttom, but when I click it and say "load"

    I'm getting the following message;

    ES decrypt returned -1017
    hash bad

    I'm guessing this isn't the "magic" that I should be seeing lol. Or is it?

  6. #2806
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Ok, try this
    Backup and format your sd card
    Extract xyzzy-cb2.zip to sd:\
    Load hbc, press [HOME] launch bootmii
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  7. #2807
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Ok, try this
    Backup and format your sd card
    Extract xyzzy-cb2.zip to sd:\
    Load hbc, press [HOME] launch bootmii
    Ok, done deal.

    I followed your instructions, after launching from bootmii, a bunch of things happened on the screen. Eventually it said "connecting to earth" and then the following text;

    Exception (program) occurred!

    GPR00 80001800 GPR08 00000000 GPR16 00000000 etc etc etc

    at the very bottom it says 80001800 > 8003f490.

    The screen seems to be stuck at this menu.

    Was that success... it sure felt like failure!


    - I'll pick this up again tomorrow. Got work in the morning. Thanks for your help thusfar.
    Last edited by thec0wboy; 11-15-2010 at 10:53 PM.

  8. #2808
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    It looks like it crashed. I think I need to remove all my cios to test this further.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #2809
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    You run it on the PC and point to the files you've downloaded onto the PC before moving them to the Wii. ie extract files to PC, run md5summer.exe on the PC to verify file integrity. Once verified, put'em on SD and you know they're good/ready for the Wii. It's simply a checksum program designed to make sure there's no corruption relating to your download.
    u are a saint thx so much for helping out a noob good looking i wasnt shure i treid but my computer froze when it loaded so i wasnt sgure im a stoner wut can i say dont want to screw up my pc or some shit and have to reformat lol thx guys

  10. #2810
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    OK, it will work now

    Alternative to nand backup, if you can't make one now

    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •