Page 269 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 1692192592672682692702712793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 18318

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #2681
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeps View Post
    My point is that installing bootmii as boot2 is just possible for wiis manufactured until mid 2008. So if your wiis is manufactured in 2009 so can't install bootmitt as boot2 and you have to do it as ios. I read that ios doesn't cover protection against a full brick. Is there a way a get a full brick protection for wiis after mid 2008?



    Yeah I know. I was just wondering if a game backup is as big as a DVD5 or DVD9 disc because I want to put one backup on my 8GB flash drive but if the game is bigger than 8gb i cannot do it.
    Not by yourself. With a NAND backup there are a few people on this forum who can fix it for you though.
    You can rip games to your flash drive, and they will automatically be scrubbed. Here is a list of scrubbed game sizes.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


  3. #2682
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy RE: mauifrog

    I definitely did that and everytime i have retried the install (after the first successful one) i erase the game data and create a new save game, then erase all 3 custom courses and go back to main menu then insert sd card then go back into stage builder and nothing happens, just as it was before i went back to the main menu...

  4. #2683
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi i managed to install the hbc and when i have to update my system from 3.4e to 4.1 it says it cant as my ios60 wont install? only 21 out of 45 installed successfully for me, any help appreciated

  5. #2684
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by allab View Post
    hi i managed to install the hbc and when i have to update my system from 3.4e to 4.1 it says it cant as my ios60 wont install? only 21 out of 45 installed successfully for me, any help appreciated
    Load MMM again, via bootmii. Ensure that MMM loads via bootmii. It should display ios36 v16 when you load it. Then install the wads again.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. #2685
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    My Wii seems to be of version 4.2E, I guess this means that I shall use the 4.2 version of this guide - hence, use bannerbomb v2 ? Just asking to be safe, my first softmod.

  7. #2686
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Make sure your sd card is properly formatted. I have a mac, but can also access Windows through Parallels. I found that formatting an sd card as a FAT32 through Windows works most consistently. I had to reinstall HBC because of an improper installation the first time and until I reformatted my sd card through Windows, I could not get the ssbb hack to work a second time. Hopefully this helps you.

  8. #2687
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflam27 View Post
    I definitely did that and everytime i have retried the install (after the first successful one) i erase the game data and create a new save game, then erase all 3 custom courses and go back to main menu then insert sd card then go back into stage builder and nothing happens, just as it was before i went back to the main menu...
    OK, well ensure you have the smashstack files on the sd card.
    sd:\private\wii\app\rsbe\st\st_080805_0933.bin
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #2688
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by meadows View Post
    My Wii seems to be of version 4.2E, I guess this means that I shall use the 4.2 version of this guide - hence, use bannerbomb v2 ? Just asking to be safe, my first softmod.
    That sounds like a good idea to me.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. #2689
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Load MMM again, via bootmii. Ensure that MMM loads via bootmii. It should display ios36 v16 when you load it. Then install the wads again.
    when i launch bootmii via hbc the bootmii page is coming up with WII THC SD and another thing going from left to right but my controller doesnt have any control over it, its like its shut down because the controller wont stay on? thanks for helping me
    Last edited by allab; 11-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.

  11. #2690
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ive tried Windows and Mac both with no results and i definitely have the Smashstack files...

    still nothing people of the wii hack thread please help, should i reformat the wii's harddrive???
    Last edited by oddgriffin; 11-14-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •