Page 255 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 1552052452532542552562572653053557551255 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 18133

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #2541
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,413
    Thanks
    1,826
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    1. It looks like the spoiler tags are temporarily disabled (we were made aware some features or options have been temporarily removed due to bandwidth/traffic on the site).
    2. If you successfully softmod your 4.3 Wii, the only real advantage would be if you had a hardmod installed as well to downgrade to 4.1 (4.2/4.3 lockout out of region game playing on hardmods).
    3. Sometimes there's some minor upkeep with softmods, but nothing earth shattering. An updated cIOS or version of HackMii for example... but the existing softmod would be fine (mine was softmodded November, 2009 and I've only installed cIOS 249 Rev 17 and Neo Gamma updates as an example).

  2. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  3. #2542
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    HI i have a question can i play my back ups threw mmm not the homebrew browser? and if so what program do i run ??

  4. #2543
    New Member Pizza Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    3. Sometimes there's some minor upkeep with softmods, but nothing earth shattering. An updated cIOS or version of HackMii for example... but the existing softmod would be fine (mine was softmodded November, 2009 and I've only installed cIOS 249 Rev 17 and Neo Gamma updates as an example).
    Is there a topic made for listing the new stuff? Can you just install it or do you have to do everything from the beginning?


    Also, does the SSBB method asks you to delete your old saved data or as long as you have no custom stages, it's fine?

  5. #2544
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

    VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Red_Gh0st's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico. Sexyness: 2376
    Posts
    6,289
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked 2,143 Times in 1,350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by immortaljedi View Post
    HI i have a question can i play my back ups threw mmm not the homebrew browser? and if so what program do i run ??
    Backups with mmm or hbb?

  6. #2545
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,413
    Thanks
    1,826
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Boy View Post
    Is there a topic made for listing the new stuff? Can you just install it or do you have to do everything from the beginning?


    Also, does the SSBB method asks you to delete your old saved data or as long as you have no custom stages, it's fine?
    Junkmail has an "Update your Old Softmod" guide in the Recommended Guides section for folks who do our softmods and then take a break for a time. That's where we usually refer such folk to. IDK, never bothered to read the fine print as I've avoided 4.3 thank you very much

    If it doesn't say, might want to wait for mauifrog to pop in; his guide is pretty thorough, if it says you MUST do X, do it; if it's not mentioned either way, it's probably a non-issue.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  8. #2546
    New Member noprob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    eastern West Virginia
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Thumbs up Softmod ANY Wii

    This guide works great!
    Thank you so much!
    v4.2u

    Before I started (the hack) I followed the guide as if I were already doing the deed,but instead created folders for each chapter with the needed files to complete, in the main folder called of course wii.

    Once chapter 1 was completed (without error) I felt relief,the rest just followed suit.

    Thank You all and the creator of this wonderful tut.

  9. #2547
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is there a certain directory you used to run the hack?

  10. #2548
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix666 View Post
    Is there a certain directory you used to run the hack?
    Hmm, do you mean for the files on the SD card? Yes....extract the zip file to the root directory of your SD card.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  11. #2549
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I feel like this may be a silly question, but why can I not open the spoilers in the OP? There is nothing clickable to me.

  12. #2550
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheExodu5 View Post
    I feel like this may be a silly question, but why can I not open the spoilers in the OP? There is nothing clickable to me.
    We apologize for that. We are experiencing some issue wit the site tonight and the contents of spoilers is one of them.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •