Page 23 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 18181

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #221
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenAcres View Post
    --- Reposting to this thread as suggested by Krank ---
    I am having an issue when trying to access the Wii Settings menu. When I click 'Wii Settings', a white screen comes up and in the upper left corner is a dot and directly below that are two dots, 'Wii Settings' never comes up.
    My question is: What do I need to do to resolve the problem with Wii Settings.

    I have been searching for several hours now for a solution to my problem with the Wii Settings menu... Still no joy.

    -- More info --
    I am fairly new to WiiHacks and recently performed a softmod to my Wii. I had to manually download the files needed to perform the hack, (My Wifi was not working at the time of upgrade).
    Everything seemed to go fairly smooth (Except the end of Priiloader install), but was able to work around that.
    -- Guide used: http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew/609...d-any-wii.html
    -- Wii was at 3.4u before starting.
    -- Wii currently has the following-
    ---- IOS 60
    ---- priiloader v0.4 (r78)
    ---- System Menu 4.1k-System Menu-NUS-v454.zip (Manually downloaded, and didnít realize it was for Korean Wiiís, the guide did not specify)

    Thanks for any help on resolving this issue!
    Your wii is semi bricked, you have the wrong system menu installed. What did you do? Not from this guide, something else. If you had 3.4u, you should have installed 4.1u. Your wii is set to usa, you can verify the settings using any region changer. Just extract ARCmod06.zip to sd:\ and verify that all your settings are set to USA, then install 4.1u.
    Last edited by mauifrog; 08-05-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  3. #222
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks Maui, I'll try that this evening and post an update afterward.
    - I'm definitely not blaming your guide for what I did. your guide is Awesome!!! You done a great job putting it together.
    Since my WiFi was not working properly, I had to manually download all files needed via my PC then copy to the SD card. So when I was at the point to download the System Guide, I didn't know which file to download (u, k, e, j)..... now I know what the letter stands for u=USA, k=Korea.... (That part wasn't in the guide), so I took a WAG at it, but picked the wrong one.
    Thanks again for your help and everything you do for the forum!

  4. 1 User Says Thank You GreenAcres For This Useful Post


  5. #223
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Great guide, but I must be missing something......

    I had first followed a lifehacker guide on how to softmod my wii a couple of months ago. Basically walked me through putting USBLoaderGX on my wii and hooking up a USB drive for backups.

    Everything worked great until I rented a game recently that wanted to update my wii, replacing the disc icon with a "wii system update" icon. Upon reading up, I see that I need preloader (or priiloader). I do have boot2 btw.

    That's when I found your guide. First of all, EXCELLENT WORK! Not too often someone puts this kind of time and energy into something this well-rounded. Thanks a million! But I think I might have missed something somewhere.

    I get all the way to step 5, and then I get lost. People talking about 5a, 5b, 5c, etc. I don't see any of this. I also don't see anything about dopMII in the guide anywhere. The guide I'm looking at says to choose "ios manager" from the multi mod page. Whenever I click on one of the ios's to update, it asks me where I want to update from (sd card, nintendo servers, SMB). I would assume to always NOT click on nintendo servers....

    But then I see someone talking about step 7. Where is step 7? I don't see a step 7 in the guide anywhere.

    Am I looking at the wrong guide or something? I don't even have dopMII installed, and I'm using the modpack that you provided, which apparently comes with everything? Did I somehow find two guides or something and can't make out the difference between one and another?

  6. #224
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Your wii is semi bricked, you have the wrong system menu installed. What did you do? Not from this guide, something else. If you had 3.4u, you should have installed 4.1u. Your wii is set to usa, you can verify the settings using any region changer. Just extract ARCmod06.zip to sd:\ and verify that all your settings are set to USA, then install 4.1u.
    Maui-
    Everything is working as expected now.
    Thanks for your replies and Thanks for all the hard work and time you put into this site !
    I will be making a donation today!
    Thanks again!

  7. 1 User Says Thank You GreenAcres For This Useful Post


  8. #225
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by beauzeau View Post
    I had first followed a lifehacker guide on how to softmod my wii a couple of months ago. Basically walked me through putting USBLoaderGX on my wii and hooking up a USB drive for backups.

    Everything worked great until I rented a game recently that wanted to update my wii, replacing the disc icon with a "wii system update" icon. Upon reading up, I see that I need preloader (or priiloader). I do have boot2 btw.

    That's when I found your guide. First of all, EXCELLENT WORK! Not too often someone puts this kind of time and energy into something this well-rounded. Thanks a million! But I think I might have missed something somewhere.

    I get all the way to step 5, and then I get lost. People talking about 5a, 5b, 5c, etc. I don't see any of this. I also don't see anything about dopMII in the guide anywhere. The guide I'm looking at says to choose "ios manager" from the multi mod page. Whenever I click on one of the ios's to update, it asks me where I want to update from (sd card, nintendo servers, SMB). I would assume to always NOT click on nintendo servers....

    But then I see someone talking about step 7. Where is step 7? I don't see a step 7 in the guide anywhere.

    Am I looking at the wrong guide or something? I don't even have dopMII installed, and I'm using the modpack that you provided, which apparently comes with everything? Did I somehow find two guides or something and can't make out the difference between one and another?
    The guide has had multiple revisions and many of the comments refer to portions of the guide that no longer exist. When updating the ios, it is perfectly fine to download from the Nintendo Severs, this is the easyiest way to install them, or place the ios wad in sd:\wad and install from SD. Just be sure not to patch all the ios when you install them, or the hackmii installer will give you errors should you update HBC.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #226
    New Member rodhenry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @mauifrog Can I ask you a favor? When you update the guide can you point out what was updated? I'm not being a jerk or anything, don't get me wrong, I'm really grateful for the guide, it's just a suggestion.

    Thanks

  10. #227
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,509
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,634 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Usually it's the Mod Pack from what little I've kept track.

  11. #228
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    heyyy mauifrog, your link to download IOS70-64-v6687.zip is working, but it don't extracts, do u have another link?

  12. #229
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Diii View Post
    heyyy mauifrog, your link to download IOS70-64-v6687.zip is working, but it don't extracts, do u have another link?
    Works fine for me. Are you using winrar or something else?

  13. #230
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    awwww man -.- it's winzip..... sorry =/

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •