Page 190 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 901401801881891901911922002402906901190 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #1891
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger2222 View Post
    Hi quick question,

    I am stuck on chapter 2 part 1. Did the wad installation but the first 24 wads out of 48 did not complete. The guide says it is important that they all install. What should I do?

    Thank you for your help.
    Did they give you an error, if so what was the error. Try installing the wads that did not install separately one by one. I am assuming you have the IOS update pack or something? There is only 24 wads in the main pack....when you ran MD5summer did they all verify?

    Edit: Just remembered the IOS update pack is in the other guide (obviously not needed for 4.3). So sounds like you did something wrong...as I mentioned there is only 24 wads to install in that step....or 26 if you use the Optional Shop Channel Update.
    Last edited by Krank; 10-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  2. #1892
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Followed a different guide on youtube :(

    I wish I have found this site earlier. First of all I wanted to thank muifrog for this very throughout guide for softmodding Wiis with 4.3U system menu! Great work! I just wish I found this guide before I softmodded by blindly following a guide on youtube. It is not that I have messed it up, the guide is pretty much the same, except for the wads included. This guide has about 5 extra wads and I was wondering if there is something I would be missing out by not having them. Maybe some homebrew will not work. I have attached a list of wads I have installed from the other guide
    Attachment 3305

    As you can tell I am a total newbie and maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I have already downgraded my system menu to 4.1U and according to this guide all wads should have been installed before the downgrade, otherwise I would brick my console. So my question is where a way to install those missing wads/IOS patches wihtout bricking the console and are there any benefits in having them?

  3. #1893
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by maksima View Post
    I wish I have found this site earlier. First of all I wanted to thank muifrog for this very throughout guide for softmodding Wiis with 4.3U system menu! Great work! I just wish I found this guide before I softmodded by blindly following a guide on youtube. It is not that I have messed it up, the guide is pretty much the same, except for the wads included. This guide has about 5 extra wads and I was wondering if there is something I would be missing out by not having them. Maybe some homebrew will not work. I have attached a list of wads I have installed from the other guide
    Attachment 3305

    As you can tell I am a total newbie and maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I have already downgraded my system menu to 4.1U and according to this guide all wads should have been installed before the downgrade, otherwise I would brick my console. So my question is where a way to install those missing wads/IOS patches wihtout bricking the console and are there any benefits in having them?

    Those wads are included in an older version of Mauifrogs guide, obviously someone has posted his old guide on youtube. You can install the wads you are missing if you want. Just compare the wads that you have now to the ones in the mod_pack wad folder. You will also need to extract the Any_wii_app_pack to your SD card.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  4. #1894
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Did they give you an error, if so what was the error. Try installing the wads that did not install separately one by one. I am assuming you have the IOS update pack or something? There is only 24 wads in the main pack....when you ran MD5summer did they all verify?

    Edit: Just remembered the IOS update pack is in the other guide (obviously not needed for 4.3). So sounds like you did something wrong...as I mentioned there is only 24 wads to install in that step....or 26 if you use the Optional Shop Channel Update.
    I just realized I did not run MD5summer...Could that be causing the problem? What do you suggest? Should I run it now and reinstall all the wads? Or could I just assume that the 24 wads that did install were did correct ones? As the first 24 were trying to install, I was getting the message "Reading -1" after each one attempted to install and at the end I got something like "24 wads installed, 24 did not complete."

    Thanks again for your help.

  5. #1895
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger2222 View Post
    I just realized I did not run MD5summer...Could that be causing the problem? What do you suggest? Should I run it now and reinstall all the wads? Or could I just assume that the 24 wads that did install were did correct ones? As the first 24 were trying to install, I was getting the message "Reading -1" after each one attempted to install and at the end I got something like "24 wads installed, 24 did not complete."

    Thanks again for your help.
    Post a syscheck and I will tell you if you are safe to continue.
    How to post a system check
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. #1896
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Post a syscheck and I will tell you if you are safe to continue.
    How to post a system check
    Here it is:

    [SPOILER]sysCheck v2.0 by Double_A
    ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

    Region: NTSC-U
    System Menu 4.3 (v513)
    Hollywood v0x11

    Boot2 v4

    Found 82 titles.
    Found 51 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stub.

    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
    IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS20 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
    IOS30 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
    IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS50 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
    IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
    IOS60 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS80 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
    IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS222 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
    IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249 (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
    BC v6
    MIOS v65535

    Report generated on 2010/10/24.
    /SPOILER]

    Thank you.

  7. #1897
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    You are fine to continue. Everything is installed and you won't brick if you downgrade to 4.1. Good luck.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  8. #1898
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    You are fine to continue. Everything is installed and you won't brick if you downgrade to 4.1. Good luck.
    Thank you. Just so I understand, the guide mentions it is optional to downgrade to 4.1 so why would someone want do so? Are there any advantages?

  9. #1899
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger2222 View Post
    Thank you. Just so I understand, the guide mentions it is optional to downgrade to 4.1 so why would someone want do so? Are there any advantages?
    Once you are modded, not so much. Bannerbomb will work on 4.1, that's one advantage. Generally, 4.1 is considered the best system menu to be on. Any update after that includes nothing extra and only serves to block homebrew.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  10. #1900
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 448 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Would it work for 4.3K users with a modchip to replace the main.dol of a game with the HackMii installer, and then boot it?
    And what about Mario Kart Wii and replacing the Mario Kart Channel WAD with a forwarder channel?

    Do not know if these options would work, but it's just something I thought off.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •