Page 18 of 1824 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028681185181018 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 18240

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #171
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Read the directions, format the card and extract the dl pack. Don't alter or add anything, follow the guide word for work.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  2. #172
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Apparently I am missing two key files to get this MMM to load, Opps. There will be a new pack in 14 min, you'll have much better luck with it.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #173
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    193
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Few questions :

    1. Why do you use USB Loader GX v874 dol + forwarder instead of newer versions here ?
    The wad installs a channel too , so if you only use USB Loader Gx , you won't even need an SD plugged in . Can't get any safer than this...

    2. Why did you hide WAD Manager ?

    3. You took out Dop-Mii from this new tutorial , how can we install or update Internet Channel , Shop Channel ..etc ?

    4. Can you attach the previous tutorial here ? ( as document only )
    Last edited by arcadekidflo; 07-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.

  4. #174
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by arcadekidflo View Post
    Few questions :

    1. Why do you use USB Loader GX v874 dol + forwarder instead of newer versions here ?
    The wad installs a channel too , so if you only use USB Loader Gx , you won't even need an SD plugged in . Can't get any safer than this...

    2. Why did you hide WAD Manager ?

    3. You took out Dop-Mii from this new tutorial , how can we install or update Internet Channel , Shop Channel ..etc ?

    4. Can you attach the previous tutorial here ? ( as document only )
    Usbloader v874 is what the usbloaders installer installed, feel free to update it. Perhaps I will, if I can remember the next time I repack the dl. I did not hide wadmanager, it had been removed and replaced with MMM. As for the updated channels, that will be worked back into the guide once MMM is updated to support 4.3. Dop-mii has a beta update for this, but I have moved the guide away from dop-mii to MMM for a few reasons. So until the guide is updated for the channels, you'll just have to search the forum for a solution if you need them. You can probably use the beta dop-mii to install them, or download the new channel from NUSD and install with a wadmanger. Not to sure I am interested in posting the old guide, kinda defeats the purpose of rewriting it in the first place.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  5. #175
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Hmm, I could be way off here or missing something obvious but what does this guide have to do with 4.3? Meaning the apps not supporting 4.3? Or are you just trying to simply leave Dop-mii out of the guide all together.

    Sorry, I'm confused.. haha. I just want to make sure I understand it since the update of the guide.
    Last edited by Krank; 07-11-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  6. #176
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maui:
    1. Thanks a million times over for this guide, and your continued support. I've hacked quite a few other things, but am just now diving into the Wii.

    2. I have a Korean Wii with 4.2k. I was able to get to Step 3 with no issues. There, it says to make sure that all 19 wads install, and if not to install one by one. Unfortunately, only 16 of them do. With cIOS222, cIOS223, and cIOS249 I get something saying Title (-1035) (an error msg, I assume).

    I read throughout this thread that wads over 200 aren't essential to the Wii, and I guess I'm curious what these three do, and how I can live without them, or if I need new ones, and where I might find those.

    Again, much, much thanks for your help.

  7. #177
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by nstick13 View Post
    Maui:
    1. Thanks a million times over for this guide, and your continued support. I've hacked quite a few other things, but am just now diving into the Wii.

    2. I have a Korean Wii with 4.2k. I was able to get to Step 3 with no issues. There, it says to make sure that all 19 wads install, and if not to install one by one. Unfortunately, only 16 of them do. With cIOS222, cIOS223, and cIOS249 I get something saying Title (-1035) (an error msg, I assume).

    I read throughout this thread that wads over 200 aren't essential to the Wii, and I guess I'm curious what these three do, and how I can live without them, or if I need new ones, and where I might find those.

    Again, much, much thanks for your help.
    You should have sd:\mmmconfig.txt, this should be set to load ios236. When ios236 installs, mmm should load it. It sounds like ios236 did not load. On the main mmm menu, load another ios, load ios236, then install those wads that gave you the error. They should install without a hitch with ios236 loaded, which should load by default once ios236 is installed. Verify that you have the sd:\mmmconfig.txt and that if is set to ios236.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #178
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Update: I should probably stop uploading stuff at 1am.
    If you got error 1035, extract mmmconfig.zip to sd:\

    There is a new upload, ModPack.zip
    Use this one if your just starting.
    Updated Usbloader GX to r938
    Replaced neogamma forwarder with neogamma r8 channel
    Added the missing mmmconfig.txt, silly me
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  10. #179
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Update: I should probably stop uploading stuff at 1am.
    If you got error 1035, extract mmmconfig.zip to sd:\

    There is a new upload, ModPack.zip
    Use this one if your just starting.
    Updated Usbloader GX to r938
    Replaced neogamma forwarder with neogamma r8 channel
    Added the missing mmmconfig.txt, silly me
    So does this pack contain the BB1 or BB2 files? Or is it simply to replace the SoftMod pack?

  11. #180
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,185
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,580 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Red One View Post
    So does this pack contain the BB1 or BB2 files? Or is it simply to replace the SoftMod pack?
    No, there is no BB1 or BB2 in this pack. That is in the hackmii pack.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •