Page 1788 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 7881288168817381778178617871788178917901798 ... LastLast
Results 17,871 to 17,880 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #17871
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm not gonna update my firmware anymore (after all I got no luck to change and besides I don't think it would change anything). Now I only intend to play my game cube backups both from the disc and USB flash. I could manage to run some off the USB. However, freezed during the game play. I want to run my backup discs but I don't know what exactly I need to do. Besides, I really want to run my action replay backup too. Any advice would be appreciated.

  2. #17872
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,159
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highlightsh
    I'm not gonna update my firmware anymore (after all I got no luck to change and besides I don't think it would change anything). Now I only intend to play my game cube backups both from the disc and USB flash. I could manage to run some off the USB. However, freezed during the game play. I want to run my backup discs but I don't know what exactly I need to do. Besides, I really want to run my action replay backup too. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Have you checked our Dios Mios and Devolution guides? They will help you get GameCube games working off USB

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  3. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  4. #17873
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I've been running into an issue installing the wads during part 2 step 1. I've tried multiple times to install them and have downloaded the file a few times, and I keep getting the same 9 errors. The error report looks like this:
    9 errors occured. . .
    Error installing sZAE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZBE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZCE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZDE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZEE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZFE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZJE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZKE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.Error installing sZLE.wad::
    (-1022) Content did not match hash in TMD.

    I made sure that I followed all parts of the guide up to now, so I have no idea what's going on. I'd really appreciate a bit of help.

  5. #17874
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    @Max:

    Did you verify the hash values via the md5 checksum? Are you using a FULLSIZE 2GB or less SD card? Did you format it FULL (not quick) FAT32? SDHC and MicroSD in adapter are both no-nos.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  7. #17875
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,243
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 873 Posts
    Those filenames don't look right. Do you have other crap on the card? (were supposed to use a cleanly formatted card at the start of the chapter).

    Click Below for recommended Links


  8. 2 Users Say Thank You to llaffer For This Useful Post


  9. #17876
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Have you checked our Dios Mios and Devolution guides? They will help you get GameCube games working off USB

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct
    Thanks. Following Dios Mios I had already gotten my Wii to play some of my GC backups. However, I found Devolution interesting except for one thing: disc verification! You know, the problem is I've only saved my backups in my pc and got no original disc anymore! Is there a way to bypass this level?

  10. #17877
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Did you format it FULL (not quick) FAT32?
    This was the only thing that wasn't right. I had it formatted to FAT (Default) instead of FAT32.

  11. #17878
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,243
    Thanks
    356
    Thanked 1,023 Times in 873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highlightsh View Post
    Thanks. Following Dios Mios I had already gotten my Wii to play some of my GC backups. However, I found Devolution interesting except for one thing: disc verification! You know, the problem is I've only saved my backups in my pc and got no original disc anymore! Is there a way to bypass this level?
    Owning a copy of the game without having the original disk anymore is still considered piracy, even if you had bought it at one point but no longer have a playable copy. This is why that verification exists.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  12. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  13. #17879
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxTheWizard View Post
    This was the only thing that wasn't right. I had it formatted to FAT (Default) instead of FAT32.
    More importantly:

    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Those filenames don't look right. Do you have other crap on the card? (were supposed to use a cleanly formatted card at the start of the chapter).

  14. #17880
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Those filenames don't look right. Do you have other crap on the card? (were supposed to use a cleanly formatted card at the start of the chapter).
    Yeah, I did. I looked back through the list of what files should be where and the files I was getting errors with weren't even supposed to be on the SD. I must have accidentally merged two WAD folders somewhere along the way. I got rid of those, and everything worked out fine and I was able to finish the tutorial.

  15. 1 User Says Thank You MaxTheWizard For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •