Page 1751 of 1810 FirstFirst ... 75112511651170117411749175017511752175317611801 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,510 of 18091

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #17501
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Thanks much, I'll try that and report back!
    UPDATE: It worked, thanksso much. Two quick questions, I assume on the last step, I have to leave the SD card in? Also, when I went to use my existing Hard Drive, all the games were there, just no images? Is that normal? Once again, thanksfor the support here!
    Also. Just Dance 2014 works off the disc I got it onto the hard drive, just cant play it off the hard drive. Any advice?
    UPDATE to UPDATE: Changed ISO to 250 and bingo.
    Last edited by sandman512; 12-01-2013 at 07:39 AM.

  2. #17502
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 875 Posts
    To run apps off of SD card, yes. You have to have SD card in the system. You can tell HBC to load from USB, if it's a FAT32 formatted hard drive. Just copy the contents of sd:/apps into usb:/apps and you're good.

    As for box art images, most USB loaders will save them on SD card. Since you formatted, you lost them (if you had them before).

    You can tell the loader to use USB for box art instead, or if you still want to use SD, just have the USB loader re-download all of your game's box art and let it install where it wants, and it will then know where to read them from.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  3. #17503
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    To run apps off of SD card, yes. You have to have SD card in the system. You can tell HBC to load from USB, if it's a FAT32 formatted hard drive. Just copy the contents of sd:/apps into usb:/apps and you're good.

    As for box art images, most USB loaders will save them on SD card. Since you formatted, you lost them (if you had them before).

    You can tell the loader to use USB for box art instead, or if you still want to use SD, just have the USB loader re-download all of your game's box art and let it install where it wants, and it will then know where to read them from.
    Thanks much loafer. I am actually downloading the covers again. While I got you, two of my four remotes don't seem to work. The ones that work are a motion plus and an original plain one. The two that don't work are plain ones, any advice? Thanks.

  4. #17504
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,247
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
    Thanks much loafer. I am actually downloading the covers again. While I got you, two of my four remotes don't seem to work. The ones that work are a motion plus and an original plain one. The two that don't work are plain ones, any advice? Thanks.
    When you try to sync them, make sure you are in a Nintendo created product or an actual game. HBC or an app will not let you pair a remote to the system. Getting to Wii Menu or even the health screen where you need to press "A" to continue (if you've not disabled that via priiloader) will work as well.

    If you've tried that and still doesn't work, I've heard that if you hold sync on the Wii for 30 seconds or so, it will erase all sync data and you can then resync all remotes. There is a finite number of remotes that it can store in memory. If full, it cannot pair any others. This may be a case of that.

    If this still doens't work, I'm out of ideas.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  5. #17505
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    When you try to sync them, make sure you are in a Nintendo created product or an actual game. HBC or an app will not let you pair a remote to the system. Getting to Wii Menu or even the health screen where you need to press "A" to continue (if you've not disabled that via priiloader) will work as well.

    If you've tried that and still doesn't work, I've heard that if you hold sync on the Wii for 30 seconds or so, it will erase all sync data and you can then resync all remotes. There is a finite number of remotes that it can store in memory. If full, it cannot pair any others. This may be a case of that.

    If this still doens't work, I'm out of ideas.
    Thanks again, I was able to pair it up at the opening screen prior to hitting "A". I greatly appreciate, as well as my kids, all the help and the assistance here.

  6. #17506
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,186
    Thanks
    1,443
    Thanked 2,548 Times in 1,883 Posts
    Nice job loafer lol

  7. 2 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


  8. #17507
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    LOL, sorry man, meant llaffer. Freaking Auto correct.......

  9. 2 Users Say Thank You to sandman512 For This Useful Post


  10. #17508
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,326
    Thanks
    1,806
    Thanked 4,255 Times in 3,577 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman512 View Post
    Thanks much loafer.
    LMAO!!! That's just too good (as bad as a guy who used to call me "nightstash," LOL!) Auto-correct fail, indeed

  11. #17509
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,161
    Thanks
    968
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah
    LMAO!!! That's just too good (as bad as a guy who used to call me "nightstash," LOL!) Auto-correct fail, indeed
    My auto correct always turns Nightstah into Nights tag.

    If I spelled something wrong, I'll just blame it on auto-correct

  12. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  13. #17510
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lots of replies but nothing to this one? Can anybody shed any light on the issues I've found?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by R34GTXT View Post
    Have searched and have been unable to find a solution although a youtube link does show somwthing similar occuring but from a couple of years ago. I have been happily using this softmod guide and its updates for the past few years and have historically not had any problems. However, since about a month ago I softmodded 2 Wii systems 4.3E models and again another one tonight and each appear to have the same problem. It appears that Kirby (Dreamland and Epic Yarn) games now have a pink bar at the bottom when loading commences or in the case of Epic yarn simply does not load and goes to a blank screen. Now on all the previous incarnations of the software provided on this guide, ALL games have worked until now. I am yet to go through all the games to find out if these are the only 2 affected but fingers crossed.

    I'm hoping it is something simple I have overlooked and that somebody can point me into the right direction to finding a solution.

    Thank you for reading and I look forward to your repsonses.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •