Page 1626 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 626112615261576161616241625162616271628163616761726 ... LastLast
Results 16,251 to 16,260 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #16251
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 908 Posts
    Did you get priiloader installed to the point that if you try to boot your system while holding RESET, priiloader will come up? If you can get that far, then look at how to run and post a syscheck (link in my signature) and do so by installing the syscheck app (I recommend b19) to your SD card, load priiloader, and select "Launch Title", choose "Homebrew Channel(....)", then from there run syscheck.

    Post the results here if you able to run it, and we'll try to see where you went wrong.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  2. #16252
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Softmodded my sons wii and now the the wii settings screen freezes and turns black (music stops). I removed mymenuify and all themes went back to original System Menu...it still does not work. I have a 4.3u wii. I used the wiibrand launcher and the softmod any wii guide. Please help! If I am not in the right area. MY apologies...please point me that way. Thanks

  3. #16253
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiMom83 View Post
    Softmodded my sons wii and now the the wii settings screen freezes and turns black (music stops). I removed mymenuify and all themes went back to original System Menu...it still does not work. I have a 4.3u wii. I used the wiibrand launcher and the softmod any wii guide. Please help! If I am not in the right area. MY apologies...please point me that way. Thanks
    I can point you in the right direction. Try the sysCheck thread that you already asked about this in. Cross-posting is also against the WiiHacks rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  4. #16254
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    I answered the question in my last reply to you
    a question: Do i really need to syscheck my wii if some wii games work?

    i have softmodded my friend's wii using this guide yesterday and the wiimod installed all the modpack wads without saying installation failed and two wii games worked properly.

    another question: which type of wad installation in Wiimod is better? all at once(pressing 1 and install all) or one by one(press A to install one wad,then go to the next one)?

  5. #16255
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kareem22010 View Post
    a question: Do i really need to syscheck my wii if some wii games work?

    i have softmodded my friend's wii using this guide yesterday and the wiimod installed all the modpack wads without saying installation failed and two wii games worked properly.

    another question: which type of wad installation in Wiimod is better? all at once(pressing 1 and install all) or one by one(press A to install one wad,then go to the next one)?
    That's two questions.

    1) yes. Not all games use the same IOS/cIOS files. And that's the only way we have to see what you did to your system so we can offer suggestions on how to fix it.

    2) What does the guide say? That's what you should do.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  6. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  7. #16256
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    That's two questions.

    1) yes. Not all games use the same IOS/cIOS files. And that's the only way we have to see what you did to your system so we can offer suggestions on how to fix it.

    2) What does the guide say? That's what you should do.
    can MMM do a syscheck

  8. #16257
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kareem22010 View Post
    can MMM do a syscheck
    No. The sysCheck app does a sysCheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  9. #16258
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,372
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kareem22010 View Post
    can MMM do a syscheck
    For the third time...

    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    It depends on which one.

    If there is doubt, run a syscheck and post it here so we can look at it. (directions to generate and post a syscheck is in my sig)

    Click Below for recommended Links


  10. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  11. #16259
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    No. The sysCheck app does a sysCheck.
    Then i better tell my friend on how to use the syscheck and once he used it and generated the .csv file,i will show it in this thread and i hope there will be no problems with his wii and mine

  12. #16260
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Did you reformat your SD card after chapter 1, before starting chapter 2? Bootmii files should not be on the SD card at this point (you were to back them up after your NAND back up and keep them in a safe place before formatting the SD card.
    yes, i did reformat my sd card after chapter 1 and kept bootmii files on my laptop before that.
    it went to a frozen screen with "exception occurred....stack dump...code dump...." no wad manager at all.
    had to turn it off by holding down the power button of the wii,
    tried to launch mmm the second time, and it frozen with "loading bootmii..."

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •