Page 1619 of 1833 FirstFirst ... 619111915191569160916171618161916201621162916691719 ... LastLast
Results 16,181 to 16,190 of 18329

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #16181
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyel123

    My apologies, the light is orange when powered off where as my working wii is red.

    Sorry for the 2 posts.

    Thank you to both of you. I will run a system check and see what this yields.

    - EDIT - was reading how to run a system check and this requires HBC which I can't install.
    Then it's not completely powered off. Hold the power button for 10 seconds or so and see if it turns off. But anyway, sysCheck doesn't require the HBC. you can run it from an exploit just like the HackMii Installer.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  2. #16182
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey Guys,

    does mauifrog 's guide will still work on wii bought on 2013?

    the reason i am asking this question is because that i have bought a wii this year and i found this recommended guide for softmodding wii but it seems that it started in 2009 and i am afraid that the modpack files are outdated and can't be used anymore

  3. #16183
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    3,235
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kareem22010 View Post
    Hey Guys,

    does mauifrog 's guide will still work on wii bought on 2013?

    the reason i am asking this question is because that i have bought a wii this year and i found this recommended guide for softmodding wii but it seems that it started in 2009 and i am afraid that the modpack files are outdated and can't be used anymore
    Yes, this guide will work on your wii, as long as it's not a wii mini.
    This Guide has been updated and is always being updated.

    If you have have any questions/problems with this guide , just post in this thread and someone will help you.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  5. #16184
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hey guys i just bought a wii of ebay made sure to get one that was boot2 compatible and just wanted to make sure this memory card would work to soft mod it Amazon.com: SanDisk 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card SDSDB-002G-AFFP: Electronics thanks!

    great tutorial by the way lot of great info!

  6. #16185
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Picked up an older model running 4.1. Now my question in the guide, chapter 2 talks about updating the System Menu to 4.3 (along with the shop channel etc), but then in Chapter 3 downgrading system menu to 4.1. I'm a little confused by that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
    Picked up an older model running 4.1. Now my question in the guide, chapter 2 talks about updating the System Menu to 4.3 (along with the shop channel etc), but then in Chapter 3 downgrading system menu to 4.1. I'm a little confused by that?
    ooh, I think I just realized what it meant, its updating the Ios, but referencing that if I don't have 4.3 I'd need it. kk ... so basically I don't need to downgrade cause I'm already in the sweet spot.
    Last edited by Jax; 02-22-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...

  7. #16186
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    3,235
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,123 Posts
    @Patch101,Please be aware that Double posting is frowned upon at wiihacks.com and is against the Rules.

    Please wait the mandatory 24 hours before bumping your thread or you can edit your post to add additional information.

    Thank You.
    Jax

    Quote Originally Posted by garrettcorn View Post
    hey guys i just bought a wii of ebay made sure to get one that was boot2 compatible and just wanted to make sure this memory card would work to soft mod it Amazon.com: SanDisk 2 GB SD Flash Memory Card SDSDB-002G-AFFP: Electronics thanks!

    great tutorial by the way lot of great info!
    Yes, that sd card will work and is what we recommend.

    Please read the guide a few times before proceeding.
    Last edited by Jax; 02-22-2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  9. #16187
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    @Patch101,Please be aware that Double posting is frowned upon at wiihacks.com and is against the Rules.

    Please wait the mandatory 24 hours before bumping your thread or you can edit your post to add additional information.

    Thank You.
    Jax



    Yes, that sd card will work and is what we recommend.

    Please read the guide a few times before proceeding.

    Yah, I wanted too, but I didn't see the edit button? I didn't bump my thread I posted one a minute after the other.

  10. #16188
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,707
    Thanks
    3,235
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch101
    Yah, I wanted too, but I didn't see the edit button?
    Are you asking me if you seen the edit button?Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch101
    I didn't bump my thread I posted one a minute after the other.
    Which is against the rules.

    By the way you are now breaking this rule....h) Posts that do not pose a question should be contributory to the thread or site. Posts with no meaningful content will be deemed to be an effort to increase post count and will be deleted. Repeated posts of this nature will result in disciplinary action.

    I would like for you to follow the rules, this is all I asked you to do and I asked you very Nicely.

    The above warning I gave is Universal, for all those that like to Double/Triple Post and likes to bump the threads before the mandatory 24 hours waiting period.

    I am sorry , if you were offended by what I posted, but rules are set for a reason....To be followed.

    Jax.

  11. #16189
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,754
    Thanks
    1,900
    Thanked 4,403 Times in 3,692 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch101 View Post
    Yah, I wanted too, but I didn't see the edit button? I didn't bump my thread I posted one a minute after the other.

  12. 3 Users Say Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post


  13. #16190
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Making a NAND backup after having completed the guide.

    I hope I am posting this in the correct place...
    Despite my best efforts to fallow this guide to the letter, I forgot to save the three "bootmii files":
    sd:\bootmii
    sd:\nand.bin
    sd:\key.bin

    How do I re-do this having done all the steps in the guide?

    So I feel like an idiot, I am also afraid of using my newly softmodded wii for fear of bricking it. I have little/no idea what I'm talking about, just bought the wii yesterday. Any help is super appreciated. thanks.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •