10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
I dont have any problems with Themes. Ive been testing and running my own theme that worked very well up untill I updated my Wii to 4.3.
Originally Posted by vinatec
I have not done anything yet. I wanted to make sure if I should follow the guide step by step first or if I could skip any steps. But I think I will do step by step in case I miss something and skip what you suggested.
Thanks for the link. I must of been looking in the wrong section. >_<
10-13-2010, 10:07 AM
This is not an important one.
This is a forwarder (a kind of "shortcut" if you prefer) which installs on your system menu as a channel. It allows you to run the Configurable USB Loader--application which will/must be physically present on your SD card-- directly from your system menu without having to run it through the Homebrew channel.
You can continue the tutorial without any risk. Yet, this is strange it did not install. Do you have enough free space on your Wii? But actually, I am not a pro here. It is possible it does not install for any other good reasons I will be unable to explain :-). But it is possible to live without it.
10-13-2010, 02:44 PM
thank you guys for all your help getting me through all the way.
now, i am trying to change the region from English to Japanese and got error installing 3 wads specified in the doc.
first 2 wads installed fine, but the 3rd one called "System Menu-NUS-v448.wad" got the following error: Title (-1035) ;
also, what shoule the SD card contain when you just want to change region of wii?
10-13-2010, 03:04 PM
FOund a lego batman game at my local DVD store worked a treat 4.3e thanks again all
10-13-2010, 07:03 PM
What do you mean? Did you use lego batman instead of indiana jones? How? I have a 4.3e and i have having trouble locating a copy of that or yugioh at the moment. But my dvd store has the batman game i think.....
Originally Posted by simbat
10-13-2010, 09:36 PM
super smash bros
in the beginning of the guide you said:
300 free blocks wii memory- found in data management
Indiana Jones Original Adventures(ntsc-u/pal) -4.3u/e
Super Smash Bros Brawl(ntsc-u/j) -4.3u/j
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's -4.3u/e/j
Is there some other way? NO
Can I bannerbomb? NO
but I don't see a guide for super smash bros. Can it be used or not?
10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
Questions for 4.3 mod
Hey guys! I'll be attempting this for the first time with a black 4.3U system. I was curious about some things after having read through this guide (and some other threads in the tutorials). My main (and probably only) need is to be able to play backup games from an external drive.
1. Do I need to turn Wii Connect 24 off and leave it off before and after performing the softmod ? Would it be a good idea to do so just to play safe ? Or is enabling "Block Disk Updates" and "Block Online Updates" in Priloader enough ?
2. Chapter 1 : Does the Hackmii_0.8_IP_SS_BB2.zip contain both the Hackmii (Homebrew + Bootmii) installer and the Indiana PWNS save game ? Looks like it, but just need confirmation.
3. I don't see any mention of the Trucha bug (patch) being installed. Does it get installed as part of one of the zip files ? I need this for the 4.3U mod, correct ?
4. Part 3 : For 4.3 wiis, it says to enable "Bannerbomb" (others if you like). What exactly does this let me do ?
5. I ultimately plan on installing WiiFlow. Is 2.0 the latest version ? Any good (such as this one) guide on doing so ? Will I need any other fixes before I install WiiFlow ?
6. For WiiFlow, which option is better - format USB HD as FAT or WBFS ? I have temporarily prepared a USB Thumb Drive with WBFS Mgr 3 formatted as WBFS and copied a couple of games on it to verify things for now. Hopefully this will work.
Thanks so much guys - truly appreciate all the effort ! Will update later on how things go with my mod.
10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Thank you so much
I don't reply to posts normally, but I feel that it is must for this post. I accidently ungraded to 4.3 and had huge problems.
This guide not only downgraded my wii, but also i installed boot mii and did a nand dump, both which i have previously not done before.
My wii is now back to normal!!!
So thanks a tonne..
10-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Retired WiiHacks Staff
1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post
10-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks narse1979 !
I just tried the load and it worked great !! Had just a couple of hitches along the way (nothing a power up couldn't fix) ..
1. Chp 2 - Part 1 - Step 1 : When I tried to launch bootmii from HBC, the display flickered (it was doing something) for about 5 seconds and then just froze (green bars all over the screen). After a nervous couple of mins I dared to disconnect the power cable (nothing else was working - remote went off, power button didn't do anything) and then when it booted, I was able to launch bootmii succesfully and continue with the install.
2. Part 3 - after priiloader installed, it gave an error and froze (but this is expected).
I was able to play a couple of games I'd loaded on a USB thumb drive. The Configurable USB loader cannot recognize the WBFS drive, so you have to select it separately after it gives you the error.
Another error I am seeing is if I load HBC Browser. It asked to update, I said no (pressed B), it still proceeded to download update files and while doing so gave a Core and Stack Dump. Anyone know why ? I had to disconnect the power and reboot the system to get it up and running.
Now to install the WiiFlow stuff from the link you gave me. Thank you all for your good work !
Which version shown above should I download ? My Homebrew channel shows cIOS 58v24.31. TIA.
Originally Posted by narse1979
NM - figured it out. cIOS is already installed.
Originally Posted by pampers2010
Installed the latest WiiFlow from WiiFloWiki - used the r254-250.zip file from the download page. Then installed the WiiFlow Channel as a WAD.
Learnt so much in the last few days - not a noob anymore
Last edited by oddgriffin; 10-14-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Tags for this Thread