Page 1563 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 563106314631513155315611562156315641565157316131663 ... LastLast
Results 15,621 to 15,630 of 18318

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15621
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks (-10800000

    Hello there,


    This is my first attempt at trying to hack my Wii. My specs are below.


    - White Wii bought Dec 27 2012
    - 4.3u
    - Wii Remote Plus
    - PQI 1GB SD


    Followed the guide "Softmod ANY Wii" - 4.3 letterbomb- no game disc required

    i'm done with Chapter 1 Part 1

    Proceeded to Part 2. I saw the SCAM warning & press 1. On the next screen, I saw the test result for HBC & bootmii.



    The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
    BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
    boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks (-1080000000)


    I did not attempt trying to install either of them.

    Should I proceed installing Bootmii after installing HBC?
    is it safe to install Bootmii eventhough there's a message saying "boot2 injected......"?

    Thanks

  2. #15622
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Hacked

    Hi guys. New guy here and just comlpeted the steps as given. Thank you very much for a clear, concise and easy to follow guide.

    I have gone through it in it's entirety a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't. I have the homebrew channel on and can launch any of the loaders you have kindly provided. This however is where my problem starts. I have loaded a few games onto an external HD and couldn't get them to detect anywhere. Was initially in NTFS but have since formatted to FAT32. After reading through some other forums it seemed I had to put the files into a folder on the root directory named 'WBFS' which I have now done. The only one of the loaders that acknowledges I have games on the drive at all is the GT 3.0 one but even then if I try to launch one of the titles it pings me back to the homebrew channel again.

    Feel certain there is something simple I am overlooking here and would be most grateful if someone could give me some idea as to what that might be.

    The drive I am using is a USB 3 750GB Western Digital. I have followed the steps for the 4.3 version of the OS, including the letterbomb if either of those details is of any use.

    Many thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.

  3. #15623
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,695
    Thanks
    3,232
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbaz13 View Post
    Hi guys. New guy here and just comlpeted the steps as given. Thank you very much for a clear, concise and easy to follow guide.

    I have gone through it in it's entirety a couple of times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't. I have the homebrew channel on and can launch any of the loaders you have kindly provided. This however is where my problem starts. I have loaded a few games onto an external HD and couldn't get them to detect anywhere. Was initially in NTFS but have since formatted to FAT32. After reading through some other forums it seemed I had to put the files into a folder on the root directory named 'WBFS' which I have now done. The only one of the loaders that acknowledges I have games on the drive at all is the GT 3.0 one but even then if I try to launch one of the titles it pings me back to the homebrew channel again.

    Feel certain there is something simple I am overlooking here and would be most grateful if someone could give me some idea as to what that might be.

    The drive I am using is a USB 3 750GB Western Digital. I have followed the steps for the 4.3 version of the OS, including the letterbomb if either of those details is of any use.

    Many thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
    It might be the drive as I see you say it's USB 3.0, these drive's can be troublesome.

    To rule that out, try using a thumb drive to see if you get the same results.

  4. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  5. #15624
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Yeah it did cross my mind which is why I mentioned it. Sadly don't have a thumb drive or USB2 HD to hand at the moment but will get one and give it a punt.

    Am I right in saying that the drive can be FAT32 and I should put the WBFS files into a folder of that name? Couldn't get ANY ISOs to be discovered so have converted them usng WBFS_file.

    Many thanks for your quick reply. Will let you know how I get on with an alternative drive.

  6. #15625
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,695
    Thanks
    3,232
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 1,121 Posts
    Yes, the drive can be fat32 partition as primary & Active.
    All your games will go in a folder on the root of the HDD, it will look like this...USB:/WBFS/WWE13 S3XE78/S3XE78 or USB:/WBFS/S3XE78

    Yes, they have to be ripped with Wiibackup Manager etc.
    I always use the WiiBackUp Manager.

    EDIT:Like Llaffer Said....It is recommended that you rip your games through the Usb Loaders using your Original Disc's.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-28-2012 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added More..

  7. #15626
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,604
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bocchama View Post
    The Homebrew Channel: Can be installed
    BootMii: Can only be installed as an IOS
    boot2 injected with the bootmii loader did not pass the consistency checks (-1080000000)


    I did not attempt trying to install either of them.

    Should I proceed installing Bootmii after installing HBC?
    is it safe to install Bootmii eventhough there's a message saying "boot2 injected......"?

    Thanks
    I don't own a non-boot2 Wii, so I don't know the messages it gives, but since you have a new wii that doesn't have boot2 exploit, I would expect some sort of error when boot2 was attempted. It's just checking at this point if it can be installed via boot2, which it wouldn't be able to, so you have to install it as IOS.

    Without BootMii, you can't get a NAND backup, and without that, I wouldn't attempt to do any further modding with your system. BootMii is not recommended, it's required.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post

    Jax

  9. #15627
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi im new to this forum.

    So i received a wii this christmas, its the black wii with mario kart bundle,
    should I update the wii itself first? and then start hacking or does it matter?

    Thanks

    and do you have any tips for me as a newbie to prevent me from doing something wrong with my wii?

  10. #15628
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    I don't own a non-boot2 Wii
    Lucky...

    Quote Originally Posted by haniel008 View Post
    Hi im new to this forum.

    So i received a wii this christmas, its the black wii with mario kart bundle,
    should I update the wii itself first? and then start hacking or does it matter?

    Thanks

    and do you have any tips for me as a newbie to prevent me from doing something wrong with my wii?
    Don't update it. This guide will work fine on whatever SM version you're running. As for tips, the main thing is don't be stupid. If you don't know what something is, don't do it. A lot of links in my sig will give you most of the info you'll ever need. If you have questions, be sure to use the search function.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  11. #15629
    New Member RenegadeEire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haniel008 View Post
    Hi im new to this forum.

    So i received a wii this christmas, its the black wii with mario kart bundle,
    should I update the wii itself first? and then start hacking or does it matter?

    Thanks

    and do you have any tips for me as a newbie to prevent me from doing something wrong with my wii?
    Your in the right place and on the right guide anyway my friend but NO DONT EVER UPDATE FROM NINTENDO before hacking,.. this guide supports all wii's any version and allows you to upgrade/downgrade to best version which is 4.1...just make sure you follow steps exactly and you'll be fine
    tip= the guide http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...i-hacking.html

  12. #15630
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,604
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by haniel008 View Post
    Hi im new to this forum.

    So i received a wii this christmas, its the black wii with mario kart bundle,
    should I update the wii itself first? and then start hacking or does it matter?

    Thanks

    and do you have any tips for me as a newbie to prevent me from doing something wrong with my wii?
    4.3 has been the "most current" for almost 3 years now. So your system should already be at that level. The only update you would need is to access Shop Channel. If you're going to mod it, as part of our recommended guide, it includes how to install that most up-to-date shop channel in the process. So you can just start it from where it is with LetterBomb and go from there.

    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Yes, the drive can be fat32 partition as primary & Active.
    All your games will go in a folder on the root of the HDD, it will look like this...USB:/WBFS/WWE13 S3XE78/S3XE78 or USB:/WBFS/S3XE78

    Yes, they have to be ripped with Wiibackup Manager etc.
    I always use the WiiBackUp Manager.
    It is recommended to rip the games off of actual game disks through the USB Loaders, then you won't have to worry about any sort of backup managers.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-28-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Merged Posts...

  13. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post

    Jax

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •