Page 1560 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 560106014601510155015581559156015611562157016101660 ... LastLast
Results 15,591 to 15,600 of 18088

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15591
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psychoduck View Post
    Sure, can you tell me where to download it and can I use it with this guide? Thanks.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/content/549-...cher-v1-8.html
    You can use it with this guide. It's different just till HackMii installer loads. After that, it's the same as this guide.

    See this for explanation:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tml#post673829

  2. #15592
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    help needed

    hi folks - i have hit on a problem

    I was following the tutorial - softmod-ing my wii - ver 4.3e

    i installed homebrew and bootmii via letterbomb
    i made the recommended back-up
    I did the wad instals (all 30 went ok)
    I did IOS update - (all 25 went ok)

    THEN i went to downgrade to ver 4.1 as also recommended but when i go into the home channel - no options appear to select - just "the homebrew channel" on the bottom left hand corner and bubbles floating up the screen

    any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated

    thanks

  3. #15593
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boc555 View Post
    hi folks - i have hit on a problem

    I was following the tutorial - softmod-ing my wii - ver 4.3e

    i installed homebrew and bootmii via letterbomb
    i made the recommended back-up
    I did the wad instals (all 30 went ok)
    I did IOS update - (all 25 went ok)

    THEN i went to downgrade to ver 4.1 as also recommended but when i go into the home channel - no options appear to select - just "the homebrew channel" on the bottom left hand corner and bubbles floating up the screen

    any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated

    thanks
    You're in the Homebrew Channel, so press home on your Wiimote and Exit to System Menu.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  4. #15594
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18 View Post
    You're in the Homebrew Channel, so press home on your Wiimote and Exit to System Menu.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2
    thankyou but that just brings me back to the main wii menu screen - what i am saying is the options do not appear in the homebrew channel to enable be to downgrade to ver 4.1 - its like the hombrew channel is there but nothing is happening with it

  5. #15595
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boc555 View Post
    thankyou but that just brings me back to the main wii menu screen - what i am saying is the options do not appear in the homebrew channel to enable be to downgrade to ver 4.1 - its like the hombrew channel is there but nothing is happening with it
    Oh, I misunderstood you. Do you have the 4.1 wads and apps/wiimod on your SD card? The wiimod was in ModPack.zip.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #15596
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18 View Post
    Oh, I misunderstood you. Do you have the 4.1 wads and apps/wiimod on your SD card? The wiimod was in ModPack.zip.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2
    I formatted the sd card and extracted the 4.1 e wads to it - there is nothing else on the card other than that

  7. #15597
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boc555 View Post
    I formatted the sd card and extracted the 4.1 e wads to it - there is nothing else on the card other than that
    Check md5 sums of 4.1 wads. Extract ModPack.zip to SD card. Load WiiMod from Homebrew Channel. Select Wad Manager in WiiMod. Select the folder in which you have the 4.1 wads. Install all Wads.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  8. 1 User Says Thank You kunparekh18 For This Useful Post

    Jax

  9. #15598
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Why did you format your sd card?
    You needed wiimod to install the system menu etc.
    Also you still need to put priiloader on your wii after you install the System menu.

    Do this, go get the modpack again you don't have to install all those wads since you have them in there already.
    Then go right to the Downgrade to Update spoiler download your system menu and follow the rest of the guide to a "T".

    Please re-read the Guide.

  10. #15599
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yes guys - I've realised what i have done - i deleted wiimod when formatting it and only had v4.1 on the card without the wiimod programs - all sorted now - i just extracted them back onto the card - and hey presto - thanks for your help mind you i feel like a bit of a gimp lol

    My other question is - which version of priiloader - the remote i am using is not an original and does not have the same identifying codes

  11. #15600
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    If you do not have a TR remote,then use Priiloader 0.7.
    Now, if it is a TR remote ..use Priiloader 0.8 .

    If your saying you don't have the TR remote use the Priiloader 0.7.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •