Page 1555 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 555105514551505154515531554155515561557156516051655 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,550 of 18319

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15541
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    The disc channel is not a system channel or installed channel, it can not be removed, it is part of the system menu.
    Oh, my mistake, forgot that. Even system menu themes modify the disc channel.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  2. #15542
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,834
    Thanks
    918
    Thanked 2,108 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    you need the apps on the sd card or the usb device for the forwarder channels to work,

    there is a way to make them into full channels and install them to the system menu but u will be unable to update them and would have to create a new channel each time an update is available, also they take up more space than a forwarder

    Here is a thread taking requests for such channels - http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-s...uests-too.html

    or if u wanted to create them yourself - http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...tomizemii.html

    (Just bear in mind that it is the system menu that u are messing with and as such it is possible to brick)
    Last edited by Pob3008; 12-23-2012 at 10:48 PM.

  3. #15543
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Some questions about "Chapter 3- The Final Step"

    I've followed through this guide from begining till end and have no problems. Now my Wii has channels installed just like in the chapter 3 said. According to this Chapter, I have to insert my SD card each time I want to lauch these channels. So my question is are there anyway to lauch these without having to insert the SD card?(I'm in Viet Nam, in here there are hack Wii services. When I received this Wii as a gift it had already been changed from Korean to US (4.1u), had USB Loader GX channel runs properly without SD card, Neogamma channel,....all work without SD card but didn't have HomeBrew Channel. I have no idea that the console had been softmoded or not).
    That's reason why I have this question, sorry for the long post and my bad English

  4. #15544
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuan293 View Post
    I've followed through this guide from begining till end and have no problems. Now my Wii has channels installed just like in the chapter 3 said. According to this Chapter, I have to insert my SD card each time I want to lauch these channels. So my question is are there anyway to lauch these without having to insert the SD card?(I'm in Viet Nam, in here there are hack Wii services. When I received this Wii as a gift it had already been changed from Korean to US (4.1u), had USB Loader GX channel runs properly without SD card, Neogamma channel,....all work without SD card but didn't have HomeBrew Channel. I have no idea that the console had been softmoded or not).
    That's reason why I have this question, sorry for the long post and my bad English
    The ones that worked without an SD card were "full channels." The entire app was installed on the system. The channels that this guide installs are what are called "forwarder channels." They simply launch an app stored on an SD card or USB device. They take up less space on the system that way and make the app easier to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  6. #15545
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    The ones that worked without an SD card were "full channels." The entire app was installed on the system. The channels that this guide installs are what are called "forwarder channels." They simply launch an app stored on an SD card or USB device. They take up less space on the system that way and make the app easier to update.
    If I uninstall "full channels" & "fowarder channels" via Wii Settings could that brick my Wii?

  7. #15546
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuan293 View Post
    If I uninstall "full channels" & "fowarder channels" via Wii Settings could that brick my Wii?
    No. Not at all. In case you want full channels, see the link in my signature.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  8. #15547
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuan293

    If I uninstall "full channels" & "fowarder channels" via Wii Settings could that brick my Wii?
    Nope, your Wii will be safe, however, some remnants of the channels will still exist somewhere in your Wii's NAND. They should not cause any issues though.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  10. #15548
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Nope, your Wii will be safe, however, some remnants of the channels will still exist somewhere in your Wii's NAND. They should cause any issues though.
    Might want to edit that post to say "not" cause any issues.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  11. 1 User Says Thank You kunparekh18 For This Useful Post


  12. #15549
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuan293
    So this is just like uninstalling program on PC with remnants left but in Wii we don't have any program that could completely erase remnants like Your Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller on PC, right? Oh...one more question can I use NAND formatter with bootmii installed as IOS? Any problem with "After using the formatter, the file permissions on the NAND are not as they were originally from Nintendo" ?
    There is a program (AnyTitle Deleter) but if you use that I advise using EXTREME caution, if you accidentally delete the wrong thing(s) it may result in a bricked Wii. As for the question about NAND formatter I'm not sure, I've never used that program.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  14. #15550
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Using NAND Formatter as BootMii/IOS IS NOT advisable. It will 100% brick your Wii.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •