Page 155 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 551051451531541551561571652052556551155 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 18133

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #1541
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Well, have you tried this guide? Removing the stubs is not required when following this guide. To re-hack your wii you should follow the guide.
    Since I already hacked my wii once before, do i need to follow all the steps or just step 2 where I downgrade back to 4.2?

  2. #1542
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntendo5986 View Post
    Since I already hacked my wii once before, do i need to follow all the steps or just step 2 where I downgrade back to 4.2?
    I was in the same position as you. I upgraded from hacked 4.2u to official 4.3 trying (successfully, I must add) to fix a problem with games hanging, and it left HBC there, but couldn't launch my loaders, and through HBC, things like Any Title Deleter or CIOS installers just didn't have enough firepower to kill off the stubs. But IndianaPWNS did the trick!

  3. #1543
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,418
    Thanks
    1,827
    Thanked 4,294 Times in 3,608 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Which of course, really had nothing to do with your problem in terms of the solution (meaning an upgrade to 4.3 shouldn't be treated as a curative as to what ailed your Wii).

  4. #1544
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntendo5986 View Post
    Since I already hacked my wii once before, do i need to follow all the steps or just step 2 where I downgrade back to 4.2?
    If you have HBC still then you can start by running hackmii installer from HBC and reinstalling HBC and bootmii and making a nand backup, then continue with the guide. If no HBC, then you need to follow from the beginning.

    It says 249's stub is already removed. However 223's stub is still there. When I try to remove 223's, it gives an error again. When I try to install the Cios 249, it also gives an error.
    This has nothing to do with the guide and is not needed.

    things like Any Title Deleter or CIOS installers just didn't have enough firepower to kill off the stubs. But IndianaPWNS did the trick!
    IndianaPWNS didn't help you uninstall any stubs. It allowed you to get HBC on the Wii so you can overwrite the stubs with the wads included in the guide.
    Last edited by Krank; 10-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  5. #1545
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I currently have a virgin 4.2k wii. I plan on using this guide to region change it to US. It looks like this is done by using ARC and MMM to simultaneously downgrade to 4.1 and region change. My question is, after doing this will it be safe to use ARC to change regions back and forth from US to Korea. I ask because my Wii came with a couple Korean games that I would still like to be able to play. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

  6. #1546
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by PogoStomp View Post
    I currently have a virgin 4.2k wii. I plan on using this guide to region change it to US. It looks like this is done by using ARC and MMM to simultaneously downgrade to 4.1 and region change. My question is, after doing this will it be safe to use ARC to change regions back and forth from US to Korea. I ask because my Wii came with a couple Korean games that I would still like to be able to play. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Do you really want my honest opinion....

    Why would you want to keep messing around region changes for 2 games? Sounds like a massive pain to me.....


    @ Painless - You look good to go....


  7. #1547
    New Member Dudush's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Arrow Sorry to repeat my questions again...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dudush View Post

    1. You say it is possible to install DARKCORP (old CIOSCORP if I am right). Sounds great to run my backups with the disc channel. Nevertheless I saw it was, on over pages of this forum, non recommended to install CIOSCORP because it modifies in depth a lot of IOS and then your Wii had to be handled carefully. Furthermore I saw that it rewrites some IOS you make us install in this guide. Does that mean that installing DARKCORP remove the patches we just installed? Eventually, are you sure installing DARKCORP is recommended and without any risks if further IOS modifications are carried out on our Wii?

    2. Since I do not want to make any assumption on the fact it was erased or not, I also reinstalled Priiloader, even if I already had it before following this guide from step 2. This seemed to work fine, but when I went to step 3, where you ask to format the card again, then one priiloader hack does not work anymore (The one to press A to skip automatically Warning Start screen when we boot).
    Is that normal? Do you think that bloc disk update and online update hack still work? Or do we have to keep the priiloader folder on the SD card in order that all the hacks work correctly?

    I hope these questions were not too stupid...
    Anyway, even if I got stupid answers, I thank you in advance.
    Hello all, it seems my questions went unnoticed, so I allow myself a small up.
    To summarize :

    1. Is installing DARKCORP immediate and future risks free (Meaning, will I be able to follow, later, any other tutorials without thinking "F*** I have DARKCORP installed, I cannot touch my wii without taking risks anymore"?) and without any effect on the IOS and patched IOS installed in this guide?

    2. Why did I loose my enabled hacks on priiloader after reinstalling it step 2 and formatting the SD card at the beginning of the last step?
    --Because yes, I checked by running priiloader yesterday and all the hacks were disabled. I am pretty sure I saved them in the "manage priiloader option" of MMM tough. I am also pretty sure they worked after that before I formated the SD card since when I came back to the system menu from MMM it automatically pressed "A" to skip the health screen.
    Anyway I re-enabled them and it seems they work now. Still I get cold sweat thinking I stayed without any priiloader protection for a while...


    Thank you all in advance again!

  8. #1548
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    @Narse1979: Cheers for checking this out, that's very cool of you. Do you often get a lot of times where your Wii will lock-up and you have to manually reboot it? I have to do this almost everytime I use my new Wii. I am thinking that maybe something is wrong with it. I can still exchange it for another one since it's less than a week old right now. I am wondering if any of this is because my Wii was a 4.2U to start with and now it's a 4.1U? Also, maybe it's a hardware problem with the NAND. When I try to install some channel forwarders (Tantric's) I get a message that says it cant install because it can not access the NAND.

    Then I try to install the forwarders with WAD Manager and they install but wont load. After I click on the channel my Wii locks up and then I manually reboot it (also happens when I try to access WiiMC via the HBC). This is very disconcerting.

  9. #1549
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    How long should a NAND backup take?

    Complete noob here following the 4.3 SoftMod guide.

    Under chapter 1, I managed to achieve parts 1 & 2 (Hackmii, HBC and BootMii), and then moved onto making a NAND backup. However, how long should this take - as it completed 4 lines, but seems to have now frozen on the fifth line for approximately the last 15 minutes, and didn't know if this was normal or not?

    If it has frozen, what should be my next steps to get back on track with the guide? It will probably be something as simple as restarting the wii and the backup - but being a complete noob means I'm apprehensive of doing anything outside the boundaries of the guide without someone saying it will be okay

    Many thanks in advance.

    Screenshot in case this helps:
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/381/nandto.jpg
    Last edited by willigogs; 10-12-2010 at 05:23 AM.

  10. #1550
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    @Narse1979: Cheers for checking this out, that's very cool of you. Do you often get a lot of times where your Wii will lock-up and you have to manually reboot it? I have to do this almost everytime I use my new Wii. I am thinking that maybe something is wrong with it. I can still exchange it for another one since it's less than a week old right now. I am wondering if any of this is because my Wii was a 4.2U to start with and now it's a 4.1U? Also, maybe it's a hardware problem with the NAND. When I try to install some channel forwarders (Tantric's) I get a message that says it cant install because it can not access the NAND.

    Then I try to install the forwarders with WAD Manager and they install but wont load. After I click on the channel my Wii locks up and then I manually reboot it (also happens when I try to access WiiMC via the HBC). This is very disconcerting.
    wiimc needs the new channel installer 1.5 (get this at wiimc.org)

    Sorry just noticed you have cioscorps installed to - When did you do this?

    Not sure downgrading is an issue as I did it from 4.2 and all works fine

    When I try to install some channel forwarders (Tantric's) I get a message that says it cant install because it can not access the NAND.
    Tantric?


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •