Page 1547 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 547104714471497153715451546154715481549155715971647 ... LastLast
Results 15,461 to 15,470 of 17906

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15461
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiihacksNewMember View Post
    Hi,

    Does this mean use AnyTitleDeleter to remove the old Wii Shop, then install the Wii Shop wad through WiiMod?
    For anyone else encountering this issue, the old Shop Channel version # was probably maxed out. If you are using WiiMod, add or change the following line to the wiimod.txt file (located in sd/apps/wiimod): DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1

    Then try installing the new shop channel again.

    I fixed the guide regarding where the wad should be extracted to. By default, the WiiMod config in the modpack has the above setting, so no more -1035 errors should be encountered. Thanks for the heads up as to the problem guys!

  2. #15462
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Try installing this >>Ios62-64-v6430<<, I believe this is causing it to want to update.
    Use wadmanager/Wiimod or MMM.
    Extract and Put that wad in your wad folder on the sd card.
    Use ios236 to install this wad.
    Sorry for the delayed response, its taken me this long to get another internet connection again hah. I installed the the .wad from the link provided with Wiimod, while using the ios236, everything installed fine. I go to the Wii shop channel and once again tells me I have to run the system update.... I feel like there's ether been something I've missed or something that wasn't done correctly now, but I've gone over the guide a few times and your additional instructions and I can't see anything that missed.
    Is there anything else you can suggest? Should I maybe retry installing the provided link with ether wadmanager or MMM instead?

  3. #15463
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z3rosync View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response, its taken me this long to get another internet connection again hah. I installed the the .wad from the link provided with Wiimod, while using the ios236, everything installed fine. I go to the Wii shop channel and once again tells me I have to run the system update.... I feel like there's ether been something I've missed or something that wasn't done correctly now, but I've gone over the guide a few times and your additional instructions and I can't see anything that missed.
    Is there anything else you can suggest? Should I maybe retry installing the provided link with ether wadmanager or MMM instead?
    See the post directly above yours. That is the answer. Download the Shop Channel v21 from this guide, and install using WiiMod and the above instructions.

  4. 2 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


  5. #15464
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    For anyone else encountering this issue, the old Shop Channel version # was probably maxed out. If you are using WiiMod, add or change the following line to the wiimod.txt file (located in sd/apps/wiimod): DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1

    Then try installing the new shop channel again.

    I fixed the guide regarding where the wad should be extracted to. By default, the WiiMod config in the modpack has the above setting, so no more -1035 errors should be encountered. Thanks for the heads up as to the problem guys!
    Hi,

    I just opened my wiimod.txt file and the line: DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1 is already present. Is there something else I can do? Thanks

  6. #15465
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiihacksNewMember View Post
    Hi,

    I just opened my wiimod.txt file and the line: DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1 is already present. Is there something else I can do? Thanks
    And you downloaded the Shop Channel v21 from the first post? You are launching WiiMod and using wad manager to install that wad? Just wanted to make sure, because that error should not be happening if you are doing all of those things...

  7. #15466
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tks for this awesome tutorial. I took my time to do every step wisely, took me 2 hours.

  8. #15467
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    For anyone else encountering this issue, the old Shop Channel version # was probably maxed out. If you are using WiiMod, add or change the following line to the wiimod.txt file (located in sd/apps/wiimod): DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1

    Then try installing the new shop channel again.

    I fixed the guide regarding where the wad should be extracted to. By default, the WiiMod config in the modpack has the above setting, so no more -1035 errors should be encountered. Thanks for the heads up as to the problem guys!

    Cjizzle, I modded a friends wii with this guide and got the -1035 error. I checked the wiimod.txt file and it had the DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1 line in it by default (as downloaded). The only way I could install v21 was to remove the current shop channel with AnyTitleDeleter and then install v21. I downloaded v21 from the first post and used wiimod/wad manager.

    The only thing I had different was the location of the RVL-Shopping-v21.wad file, it was in sd:\wad\channels folder. I just had to navigate to this folder to install v21 after the other wads had installed, wouldn't think this would cause a problem.

    Strange thing is I updated my wii to v21 with no problem with the wad in sd:\wad\channels folder but my friends wii gave the -1035 error.

    From memory, I checked the shop channel on my friends wii before doing the softmod and it accessed the shop channel without prompting for an update, could it be that the my friend could have already updated to v21 by normal means before I did the softmod and then when I tried to update to v21 it was already installed and this is why I got the -1035 error? just a thought.
    Last edited by 01-0077; 12-15-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: extra info

  9. 1 User Says Thank You 01-0077 For This Useful Post


  10. #15468
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,861 Posts
    That is very strange. The -1035 error means that a newer version # is already installed (either literally a newer version, or the version # had been edited manually to a higher # prior to install). The DeleteDefaultInsteadRemove=1 is supposed to make WiiMod ignore the version and install the wad without throwing that error code. Apparently it isnt working with the shop channel in some cases... Had your friend's Wii that threw the -1035 ever been modded before?

  11. #15469
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Aus
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Red face Thanks, guys!

    Hi everyone. First time poster, long time follower here. Just had to say, a big, fat, THANK YOU to all involved in this tutorial. very straight-forward compared to basically, everything else out there (I modded mine using a guide a friend recommended, it did go **semi** well, but everything was out-dated) did a fresh re-mod starting from step 2. Varied on a slight few things (Used NUS to download from 4.2e to 4.1e using Wiimod, which worked like a dream)
    Props on choosing the best programs out there, making this guide basically foolproof, providing many options to choose from, and providing regular updates (all links to downloads were up and working correctly)
    Many, Many thanks from down under

  12. 1 User Says Thank You WhaleZ For This Useful Post


  13. #15470
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,131
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked 2,520 Times in 1,861 Posts
    Added instructions to the guide about -1035 error when installing Wii Shop v21.

  14. 5 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •