Page 1539 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 539103914391489152915371538153915401541154915891639 ... LastLast
Results 15,381 to 15,390 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15381
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reesecup
    I am going nuts and really need some help. I did a softmod update by installing the modpack. Before i did this I was using Wiiflow 2.2 and I was able to access my games from the usb hard drive. the drive was formatted using wbfs manager. Now that I did the update I have WiiFlow 3.0 and when I go to Homebrew and load WiiFlow 3.0 it gives me the options "Install game" or "Select partion". What do I need to select? I followed all the directions for installing the modpack, formatting sd, and installing the priiloader, but there was nothing about what I would need to do for wiiflow after I made those changes. Please I really need help getting wiiflow working again. Thanks
    You have to select the partition that you're games are on. Most likely USB1. Also, I'd recommend upgrading to WiiFlow 4.0.4.

    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin

    Not an expert nor have I ever used the app. My educated guess is that "select partition" might have to do with the loader wanting to know where the games are located, and that clicking it might give the choice of what partition the games are. Of coarse this is just my guessing.
    Good guess, that's exactly right.
    Last edited by dniMretsaM; 12-09-2012 at 01:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  2. #15382
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post



    Good guess, that's exactly right.
    Maw an Paw had me goern to skool an git my lernern. lol
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

  3. #15383
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    running 4.3U

    I just did the letterbox softmod and it worked. got to the point where i need to downgrade to 4.1 and the homebrew channel is blank now. i cant see the 3 menus anymore to downgrade the software to 4.1 and then do the pii thing..

    any help?

  4. #15384
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,175
    Thanks
    1,438
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueharford View Post
    and then do the pii thing..
    I dont recommend you pii on your wii. That's probably the source of your problem...

  5. 4 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


  6. #15385
    New Member Funky Kong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi guys,

    I have a hard+soft modded wii running 4.1J and I'm trying to play a Skylanders Spyro back up on it. We may be getting the Giants game too, but not til Santa swings on by.

    All my software, GX loader etc was last updated probably more than a year ago, I got it working for the kids and left it alone, making the occasional backup when required perhaps. We use GX loader Was offline most that time since the kids never use the net features or online play but it's hooked up to the network atm.

    I tried installing the hermes 233 37+38 using cIOS installer v222 v 4. But the game still isn't working. Should I stay with 4.1J or do I need to update for some reason? Do I need to update GX loader and everything else too? Should I just do a complete rehack, try to start from scratch and roll through the guide again?

    Any advice appreciated

    FK!

    Edit - My GX loader is using the WBFS format, again it was set up ages ago. Not sure if this complicates things. I'd rather a quick fix just to get this game up and running, as everything else is working fine, than to spend the time completely updating everything, if it can be avoided
    Last edited by Funky Kong; 12-10-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    "Hob Nobbbbbb"

  7. #15386
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Kong
    Hi guys,

    I have a hard+soft modded wii running 4.1J and I'm trying to play a Skylanders Spyro back up on it. We may be getting the Giants game too, but not til Santa swings on by.

    All my software, GX loader etc was last updated probably more than a year ago, I got it working for the kids and left it alone, making the occasional backup when required perhaps. We use GX loader Was offline most that time since the kids never use the net features or online play but it's hooked up to the network atm.

    I tried installing the hermes 233 37+38 using cIOS installer v222 v 4. But the game still isn't working. Should I stay with 4.1J or do I need to update for some reason? Do I need to update GX loader and everything else too? Should I just do a complete rehack, try to start from scratch and roll through the guide again?

    Any advice appreciated

    FK!

    Edit - My GX loader is using the WBFS format, again it was set up ages ago. Not sure if this complicates things. I'd rather a quick fix just to get this game up and running, as everything else is working fine, than to spend the time completely updating everything, if it can be avoided
    Redo this guide from start to end and you should be ready to go.

    Sent from my A75 using WiiHacks. Please excuse grammar and punctuation errors, if any.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You kunparekh18 For This Useful Post


  9. #15387
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have WII 4.1E, I tried the Banner Bomb 1 with every file mentioned in the post, also tried Banner Bomb 2 with every file too. I either get "boot.dol could not load" or the screen will freeze, or I will get black screen with exception message.

    The closest I've come to getting The Home Brew Channel is viewing the greenish icon on the SD card menu, but when I try to copy it to WII system memory it will not copy over.

    My WII version is 4.1E, could I try other methods like Letterbomb, because Banner Bomb isn't doing nothing.
    Last edited by micha8l; 12-10-2012 at 02:29 AM.

  10. #15388
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micha8l View Post
    I have WII 4.1E, I tried the Banner Bomb 1 with every file mentioned in the post, also tried Banner Bomb 2 with every file too. I either get "boot.dol could not load" or the screen will freeze, or I will get black screen with exception message.
    The closest I've come to getting The Home Brew Channel is viewing the greenish icon on the SD card menu, but when I try to copy it to WII system memory it will not copy over.
    My WII version is 4.1E, could I try other methods like Letterbomb, because Banner Bomb isn't doing nothing.
    May be a bad SD card. Use a new 1~2GB card , redo banner bomb.
    You don't have the privilege to run LetterBomb at 4.1 ; but you can update to 4.3 then use LetterBomb , follow this Guide to complete the MOD and to downgrade to 4.1 at wish. Personally I like this way, life is much easier ! Lol
    Last edited by billyhome; 12-10-2012 at 03:57 AM.

  11. #15389
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    is this guide gonna be updated with the new hackmii installer?

  12. #15390
    Forum Administrator BluPhant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,352
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 720 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gattx View Post
    is this guide gonna be updated with the new hackmii installer?
    Not anytime soon. As I understand it, the changes are all WiiU specific and they are working out some specific Wii-related bugs. We take a pretty conservative approach here most of the time; the guide is only updated when the staff here has played with new stuff & blessed it. Which means that the guide may be a little behind the cutting edge (in this case it doesnt matter one iota) but what's in it will WORK.

    -Blu

    Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.



Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •