Page 1526 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 526102614261476151615241525152615271528153615761626 ... LastLast
Results 15,251 to 15,260 of 17909

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15251
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilik View Post
    The same drive (Seagate Momentus 7200.4). I also tried the WD1600U external disk without results
    This happened to me before. I modified 4 Wii's (4.3U used letterbomb to modify) and the hard disk that was working on the 2 wii's are not working on the third and fourth. I am using Config USB loader.

    What I did was turn on the Wii without the harddisk.
    I launched Configurable USB Loader
    After the Configurable USB loader Retrying count up to 5, I plugged in the Hard disk and it was recognized by the machine.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You charlze For This Useful Post


  3. #15252
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilik View Post
    The same drive (Seagate Momentus 7200.4). I also tried the WD1600U external disk without results
    compatibility is determined by the usb chip used in the HDD Box. open the Box, take a look and name it !

  4. 1 User Says Thank You billyhome For This Useful Post


  5. #15253
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    compatibility is determined by the usb chip used in the HDD Box. open the Box, take a look and name it !
    I don't think my friend that the HDD is the problem.
    Maybe I'm a bit offtopic but I think that one USB port (the external) is burned or something like that. I connected a usb hub in the specific port and its light (of the hub) didn't turn on. When I connected it to the internal USB port its light was turned on!
    I remember from previous guides that it needs to connect the HDD at the external USB. When I connect the hdd to the external usb, it starts spinning and its light is turned on but I understand (from the test with the little hub) that it hasn't the necessary power to be recognized by the system.
    Is it possible to occur this scenario or I'm thinking wrong? The specific machine is a second hand wii so I'm thinking any possible scenarios...

    (Sorry for the offtopic! )
    Last edited by vasilik; 11-28-2012 at 01:22 PM.

  6. #15254
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 489 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilik View Post
    I don't think my friend that the HDD is the problem.
    Maybe I'm a bit offtopic but I think that one USB port (the external) is burned or something like that. I connected a usb hub in the specific port and its light (of the hub) didn't turn on. When I connected it to the internal USB port its light was turned on!
    I remember from previous guides that it needs to connect the HDD at the external USB. When I connect the hdd to the external usb, it starts spinning and its light is turned on but I understand (from the test with the little hub) that it hasn't the necessary power to be recognized by the system.
    Is it possible to occur this scenario or I'm thinking wrong? The specific machine is a second hand wii so I'm thinking any possible scenarios...

    (Sorry for the offtopic! )
    Could be dust build up in the USB port. I would try and clean it. Use a cotton swap and some 99% Isopropyl alcohol. Get in there as good you can, and also blow it out with a can of air.

    As for hdd compatibility, I believe almost all drives are compatible. Its just that some drives need to be formatted at different allocation unit sizes, to work. That is not a proven fact, but from my experiences. Whenever I try a hdd and it doesn't work, I change the allocation unit size until I find one that works.

  7. #15255
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unable to open HBC during Chapter 1 of modding.

    Hi all,

    Sorry in advance if this has been posted before!

    I'm trying to mod my Wii for the first time and I'm following the tutorial thread.

    Under Chapter One, I've just finished making the NAND backup. The tutorial says after "Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC" - each time I attempt to do that, the screen turns black and is apparently frozen. I've waited 5-10 minutes just in case to no avail.

    When I reboot the Wii it appears that nothing has been changed. I've reinstalled the HBC and made another NAND backup just to have the same thing happen.

    Thanks!

  8. #15256
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    i'm confused, reading your message.
    plz see the remarks on your text.

    Quote Originally Posted by vasilik View Post
    I don't think my friend that the HDD is the problem.
    Maybe I'm a bit offtopic but I think that one USB port (the external) is burned or something like that. I connected a usb hub in the specific port ( to the Wii's usb port ) and its light (of the hub) didn't turn on. When I connected it to the internal USB port (what's internal ? its light was turned on!
    I remember from previous guides that it needs to connect the HDD at the external USB (what external USB you meant ?) . When I connect the hdd to the external usb (not the Wii's usb port ? ), it starts spinning and its light is turned on but I understand (from the test with the little hub) that it hasn't the necessary power to be recognized by the system.
    Is it possible to occur this scenario or I'm thinking wrong? The specific machine is a second hand wii so I'm thinking any possible scenarios...

    (Sorry for the offtopic! )
    If my memory is right, there's smd (surface mounted device) fuse at the usb ports. it's possible that you might have fired the fuse, unexpectedly. Try to insert a usb-memory-stick onto it, and see if it light on.
    It's always a wise move to test the Wii usb port with a wbfs formatted usb flash drive with ISOs copied in, and play with NeoGamma. If it works but not the usbHDD, you've a "problem".
    Important: the Primary Partition in usbHDD must be used for Wii games !
    Last edited by billyhome; 11-29-2012 at 12:48 AM.

  9. #15257
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    (Mod note: Original quote added)

    Quote Originally Posted by keener101 View Post
    Under Chapter One, I've just finished making the NAND backup. The tutorial says after "Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC" - each time I attempt to do that, the screen turns black and is apparently frozen. I've waited 5-10 minutes just in case to no avail.

    When I reboot the Wii it appears that nothing has been changed. I've reinstalled the HBC and made another NAND backup just to have the same thing happen.
    would it be better for you to ask the question in THE TUTORIAL THREAD that you followed for a mod ? (MOD NOTE, THREAD MERGED)
    people can be exhausted to look for Chapter 2, Paragraph 2 and line 3, while you sit there and play the music.

    try below:
    1.OK, apply the hackmii_installer, install the HBC, install the Bootmii (with the 1GB, at lest,SD card stay in). exit from hackmii_installer. go to Wii main menu, you'll see the HBC; don't you?
    2.Open HBC (with the SD card stay in), exit to Bootmii, proceed the NANDbackup, done, press any key to exit. done..... happy ending ?
    Last edited by BluPhant; 11-29-2012 at 03:38 AM.

  10. #15258
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    (Mod note: Original quote added)



    try below:
    1.OK, apply the hackmii_installer, install the HBC, install the Bootmii (with the 1GB, at lest,SD card stay in). exit from hackmii_installer. go to Wii main menu, you'll see the HBC; don't you?
    2.Open HBC (with the SD card stay in), exit to Bootmii, proceed the NANDbackup, done, press any key to exit. done..... happy ending ?
    Thanks for the help - I did that, and while it didn't black screen on me, the homebrew channel is nowhere to be found on the wii main menu.

  11. #15259
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    neogamma without memory card

    hi all,great guide softmodded no probs,just 1 question,ive had softmodded wii's running neogamma without a memory card before but cant remember for the life off me how to do it.....i tried installing wad for neogamma as from what i read and remember thats what i need to do but it failed ?? also i dont intend on running a hard drive on this wii so how can i delete the usb loader channels....thx in advance

  12. #15260
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,917
    Thanks
    876
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by segs gsi
    hi all,great guide softmodded no probs,just 1 question,ive had softmodded wii's running neogamma without a memory card before but cant remember for the life off me how to do it.....i tried installing wad for neogamma as from what i read and remember thats what i need to do but it failed ?? also i dont intend on running a hard drive on this wii so how can i delete the usb loader channels....thx in advance
    You can remove the USB loader channels like you do any other channel. Settings > Data Management > Channels, then just delete the ones you don't want. As for NeoGamma I'm not sure what you mean. NeoGamma doesn't require a memory card...unless you mean the SD card?

  13. 2 Users Say Thank You to SNES_Master For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •