Page 1513 of 1791 FirstFirst ... 513101314131463150315111512151315141515152315631613 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,130 of 17909

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #15121
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,957
    Thanks
    338
    Thanked 934 Times in 799 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNinja View Post
    Hi!

    Used your guide on my wii!

    It has been softmodded before, but i formatted it before doing this guide. Mostly because i had so much crap on my wii that i couldnt keep track on everything anymore :P

    I am very sure that i did all of your steps correctly, but I am having a huge problem.

    I cant load any app. (Neogamma, wiiflow etc) It just takes me to the loading screen and then returns to the main menu.

    I cant load BootMii either. Nothing works. (Homebrew channel starts but when I try to load bootmii it just freezes on a black screen.)

    Do you guys have any idea what might have happened or if i did something wrong? I am 99.99% sure i did everything right. Read everything at least twice :P

    EDIT: I can play original games tho!
    Are you trying to load the apps from HBC? or from a forwarder installed in the Wii Menu? If the forwarder, you still have to have the app installed on the SD card in order to run it.

  2. #15122
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNinja View Post
    Hi!

    Used your guide on my wii!

    It has been softmodded before, but i formatted it before doing this guide. Mostly because i had so much crap on my wii that i couldnt keep track on everything anymore :P

    I am very sure that i did all of your steps correctly, but I am having a huge problem.

    I cant load any app. (Neogamma, wiiflow etc) It just takes me to the loading screen and then returns to the main menu.

    I cant load BootMii either. Nothing works. (Homebrew channel starts but when I try to load bootmii it just freezes on a black screen.)

    Do you guys have any idea what might have happened or if i did something wrong? I am 99.99% sure i did everything right. Read everything at least twice :P

    EDIT: I can play original games tho!
    As for your BootMii issue, you need to have the BootMii folder on your SD card (containing armboot.bin, ppcboot.elf and some other file I don't remember).

  3. #15123
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey guys, so every once and a while i am playing a game and the game freezes or glitches and i have to reboot. I ran the check IOS from Homebrew and i got an Exception (DSI) occurred. Not sure what that means. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

  4. #15124
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Are you trying to load the apps from HBC? or from a forwarder installed in the Wii Menu? If the forwarder, you still have to have the app installed on the SD card in order to run it.
    I try to open them from the forwarders on the wii menu. And I have them all on my SD-Card. Just as the guide told me to.

  5. #15125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousNinja View Post
    Hi!

    Used your guide on my wii!

    Do you guys have any idea what might have happened or if i did something wrong? I am 99.99% sure i did everything right. Read everything at least twice :P

    EDIT: I can play original games tho!
    Kunparekh has reminded you about the needs of BootMii folder in SD card. You should have the BootMii folder from step-2 of this guide if you read and understood properly. Get the folder !

    Make sure the apps copied into SD card as
    SD:/apps/{folder-name}/{the various apps files, e.g. Bootmii, NeoGamma, usbloader, Wiiflow,......etc, under it's respective folder).
    Otherwise, you're always be returned to Wii main menu.
    Last edited by billyhome; 11-04-2012 at 06:54 PM.

  6. #15126
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by billyhome View Post
    Kunparekh has reminded you about the needs of BootMii folder in SD card. You should have the BootMii folder from step-2 of this guide if you read and understood properly. Get the folder !

    Make sure the apps copied into SD card as
    SD:/apps/{folder-name}/{the various apps files, e.g. Bootmii, NeoGamma, usbloader, Wiiflow,......etc, under it's respective folder).
    Otherwise, you're always be returned to Wii main menu.
    It works now when i put the apps into an app folder. (DUH so stupid of me xD)
    Thank you both a lot!

    EDIT: BootMii also works

  7. #15127
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Done it and it works like a charm...
    Thanks for the help

  8. #15128
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    I started this guide on a previously softmodded Wii, tried the Bannerbomb method (v2) (4.2U). WiiMod couldn't install IOS58 (higher version of the said IOS exists). What should I do?

    Also, I believe this same error will come when I try to install the ModPack.zip and IOS Update.zip wad files. How do I prevent this error?

  9. #15129
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kunparekh18 View Post
    I started this guide on a previously softmodded Wii, tried the Bannerbomb method (v2) (4.2U). WiiMod couldn't install IOS58 (higher version of the said IOS exists). What should I do?

    Also, I believe this same error will come when I try to install the ModPack.zip and IOS Update.zip wad files. How do I prevent this error?
    you can remove the IOS (except sysIOS !) then re-install a new one by using ios236 in Multi-Mod-Manager. Do it in one act, play safe.

  10. #15130
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi folks, Thanks Mauifrog for an excellent guide. I've done my 4.3E using your guide to the letter but USB Loader will not recognise my Toshiba HDD 320GB in my 4.3E system formatted NTFS (also tried FAT32 - still no joy). When I insert the original game to install it shows 0.00GB space. However, media player is recognising movies on the drive so must be a loader problem?
    o
    I have a modded 4.2E as well with an older version of USB Loader which recognises the HDD fine. Should I (or can I) install an older version of USB Loader? I hope this has made sense, I've had very little sleep trying to get this going! Thanks, Ian.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •