Page 1446 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 44694613461396143614441445144614471448145614961546 ... LastLast
Results 14,451 to 14,460 of 18303

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #14451
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by low96ac

    Im using a 2gb SD card formatted with fat32. I DLed and installed the panasonicSDformatter and have formatted the card but still have the same issues.

    I just tried this with the deleted txt file, I still get Error! ES_ReadContent (ret = -1017) Press anykey to continue.

    Went to WAD manager still get Fake sign patch may be required, check your IOSs for a valid IOS ret = -2011. Press any key to continue

    Installed both IOS58 and IOS61 and it brought me back to the same menu. I do not see an app manager in this menu, however I do see a [wiimod] directory but there is nothing in it. Am I supposed to go back a directory?
    I'm having the same problem I think, Wii Mod installs the 58 and 61 iOS but when I go back to Main menu (only way to select app loader I can find) it refuses to luanch the hackmii installer

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  2. #14452
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,281
    Thanks
    1,487
    Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,924 Posts
    Did you try deleting the wiimod.txt file and then running it again?

  3. #14453
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle
    Did you try deleting the wiimod.txt file and then running it again?
    Yes, still nothing. I instead replaced the boot.dol for Wii mod with MMM. I hope that's not an issue...just couldn't get it to load hackmii

    Wii Mod won't launch HackMii for me but when I replace it with MMM it loads HackMii no problem.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  4. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  5. #14454
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Did you try deleting the wiimod.txt file and then running it again?
    Hi cjizzle, I have deleted the wiimod.txt file, I don't know if you glanced over my response to you but here it is again:

    I just tried this with the deleted txt file, I still get Error! ES_ReadContent (ret = -1017) Press anykey to continue.

    Went to WAD manager still get Fake sign patch may be required, check your IOSs for a valid IOS ret = -2011. Press any key to continue

    Installed both IOS58 and IOS61 and it brought me back to the same menu. I do not see an app manager in this menu, however I do see a [wiimod] directory but there is nothing in it. Am I supposed to go back a directory? If I go back to the main menu than [apploader] directory, than select the SD card slot [apps] I see the [hackmii_installer_v1.0] directory and within that directory I see a boot.elf. Am I supposed to load that?

  6. #14455
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,281
    Thanks
    1,487
    Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,924 Posts
    Yes load the boot.elf and see what happens. I suspect the post above yours will happen. Let me know. The config worked for me when I built it, Im gonna have to get down and dirty in the details and figure out what is going on. My apologies to all..

  7. #14456
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Yes load the boot.elf and see what happens. I suspect the post above yours will happen. Let me know. The config worked for me when I built it, Im gonna have to get down and dirty in the details and figure out what is going on. My apologies to all..
    Yup, it just sits at a black screen with sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v1.0/boot.elf

  8. #14457
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,533
    Thanks
    393
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 939 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    When I format my 2gb SanDisk SD card to FAT32, does it matter what allocation size I use? I left the Allocation size at the default 4096 bytes and I just wonder if that could cause an issue or not.
    I have my SD card formatted with 64k clusters. My HDD is formatted FAT32 with 32k clusters.

    I'd try reformatting with 32k or 64k clusters on your SD card to see if that does anything differently.
    Last edited by llaffer; 07-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.

  9. #14458
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,226
    Thanks
    1,001
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 891 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle
    Yes load the boot.elf and see what happens. I suspect the post above yours will happen. Let me know. The config worked for me when I built it, Im gonna have to get down and dirty in the details and figure out what is going on. My apologies to all..
    No problem, I was able to get it all working. I just had to copy my old MMM 13.4 boot.dol. I don't know why Wiimod wouldn't do it, just glad I'm able to continue

    After finishing (well, I'm at the "Final Step" now) is it ok/safe to remove the channels for NeoGamma, CFG Loader and WiiFlow? I don't see myself ever using them so why have them installed?

    This did not fix my problem GameCube games still won't read, if it's no the laser and it's not the softmod then I don't know what it is.

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks

  10. #14459
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by low96ac View Post
    Hi cjizzle, I have deleted the wiimod.txt file, I don't know if you glanced over my response to you but here it is again:

    I just tried this with the deleted txt file, I still get Error! ES_ReadContent (ret = -1017) Press anykey to continue.

    Went to WAD manager still get Fake sign patch may be required, check your IOSs for a valid IOS ret = -2011. Press any key to continue

    Installed both IOS58 and IOS61 and it brought me back to the same menu. I do not see an app manager in this menu, however I do see a [wiimod] directory but there is nothing in it. Am I supposed to go back a directory? If I go back to the main menu than [apploader] directory, than select the SD card slot [apps] I see the [hackmii_installer_v1.0] directory and within that directory I see a boot.elf. Am I supposed to load that?
    Hey,
    I have the exact same issue as you.
    When I try to load the hackmii installer is just gets stuck at:

    Wii Mod v3.2
    sd:/apps/hackmii_installer_v1.0/boot.elf

    It happens with and without the text file in the root directory. I reformatted the SD card and everything. How did you end up fixing this?

  11. #14460
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,281
    Thanks
    1,487
    Thanked 2,612 Times in 1,924 Posts
    Give me a few. I am working on it as we speak. I will update you as soon as it is resolved. Thanks

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •