Page 1360 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 36086012601310135013581359136013611362137014101460 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 18133

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #13591
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Did you install the IOS update pack? Normally it would give a 002 error if you didnt have the right IOS, but just want to make sure.
    Thank you sooo much for the response!! Yes..I did install the latest IOS update pack. I am receiving no errors at all. This morning I also tried using neogamma and running a backup disc. The game did start but then hung up. I just got a black screen and the disc drive made a repeated clunking noise..like it was trying to read it. So, I do believe it is not a hardware issue. I hope this helps you to help me?! Thanks again!

  2. #13592
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster Calvin View Post
    I followed every step of this guide, and I must say, im impressed. It worked perfectly until the VERY end... Basically i got all the hard stuff out of the way and now Im having trouble with the simples D: Anyway I have a few questions...
    - I load WiiFlow, and try to install a game. I apparently dont have enough blocks to install the game. Does this mean my USB drive lacks the space, or my Wii does? And if it is my Wii without the space, how can I save the game file to my USB device?
    - How do I get the three USB loaders to run properly? How should my SD card look for each one?
    - Every time I turn on my Wii, I go straight to BootMii, which I get why that happens, but isnt Priiloader supposed to load too or something? It loaded when I completed chapter 2, but then Chapter 3 asks you to format your SD again, did that affect it even if i put the Priiloader app back on my SD? And when I activate Priiloader through HBC I cant change or update any settings.
    - Are ripped games saved as iso files on your USB device?
    - Can I rip GCN games just like Wii games, or is there a different process?
    Also would you like to mention that if you want to answer these questions through IRC chat or Skype, id appreciate that

  3. #13593
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    2 things are bugging me right now after following this guide:
    1. When I load ios249 in MMM, it successfully loads. However when I press home to save and return to the HBC, it reverts back to ios58.
    2. When I try to play a Gamecube game that's on my SD card via NeoGamma, it flickers a green screen and resets my Wii.

    My Wii used to read Gamecube ISOs from my SD card just fine before trying this guide, so why won't it now?

  4. #13594
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    828
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Webber
    2 things are bugging me right now after following this guide:
    1. When I load ios249 in MMM, it successfully loads. However when I press home to save and return to the HBC, it reverts back to ios58.
    2. When I try to play a Gamecube game that's on my SD card via NeoGamma, it flickers a green screen and resets my Wii.

    My Wii used to read Gamecube ISOs from my SD card just fine before trying this guide, so why won't it now?
    Hbc runs on 58, nothing to worry about there.
    This guide installs a different mios for gc games, you need to reinstall the dml mios.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p

  5. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  6. #13595
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    you need to reinstall the dml mios.
    Thanks, re-installing DMLr56 fixed it right up, now I can play Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition again. =D

  7. #13596
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Does anyone think I should completely remove the "softmod any wii" mod and start over? I just don't understand why retail games will not play!!

    sysCheck v2.1.0b14 by Double_A and R2-D2199

    Spoiler

    Last edited by Ghost085; 03-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.

  8. #13597
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    828
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost085
    Does anyone think I should completely remove the "softmod any wii" mod and start over? I just don't understand why retail games will not play!!

    sysCheck v2.1.0b14 by Double_A and R2-D2199

    Spoiler

    No. It appears that you did not properly follow the guide to begin with. Hbc should be running on 58, not 61.
    You said you ordered a new drive, syscheck shows a drive capable of reading backups, that's not new. Either you did not change it or you bought an old one that is bad too.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p

  9. #13598
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks for the response! I bought it off of ebay and the seller claimed it was brand new..it was in clamshell packaging. Does the system check show the drive is bad? Also, should I redo the mod from the beginning? Thanks again..much appreciated!!

  10. #13599
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    828
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost085
    Thanks for the response! I bought it off of ebay and the seller claimed it was brand new..it was in clamshell packaging. Does the system check show the drive is bad? Also, should I redo the mod from the beginning? Thanks again..much appreciated!!
    The seller lied to you or had it on the shelf for a couple years. Syscheck shows that it will play dvds, that means its a few years old. Syscheck cannot determine I'd a drive is bad, loud clanking is a pretty good indicator though.
    Just reinstall hbc to get it to run on 58. I think the.rest looked ok. U Will have another look after u post this, can't see it atm on my phone.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p

    Edit: other than the 2008 date and hbc on 61, it looks fine.
    Last edited by skellinator; 03-25-2012 at 05:11 PM.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  12. #13600
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks Skell!! I will reinstall hbc tomorrow night and let you know how it turns out. Does hbc running on 61 have anything to do with the retail discs not working?
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    The seller lied to you or had it on the shelf for a couple years. Syscheck shows that it will play dvds, that means its a few years old. Syscheck cannot determine I'd a drive is bad, loud clanking is a pretty good indicator though.
    Just reinstall hbc to get it to run on 58. I think the.rest looked ok. U Will have another look after u post this, can't see it atm on my phone.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p

    Edit: other than the 2008 date and hbc on 61, it looks fine.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •