Page 1319 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 31981912191269130913171318131913201321132913691419 ... LastLast
Results 13,181 to 13,190 of 18133

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #13181
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    New Wiiflow and dx2 v8+!!! I hope there's a version 10 of this guide soon hint hint
    So if I use "softmod any wiii guide" on an unmodded wii and I want the current version of wiiflow can I simply
    Download wiiflow r418 and put that on the sd card instead of the wiiflow folder included in the app pack
    Or is it more complicated than that? Will r418 still work with the forwarder channels and other files supplied with
    The softmod any wii guide?

  2. #13182
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,208
    Thanks
    1,450
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,895 Posts
    Yes it is pretty much that simple. All you have to do is download the r418.dol from HERE, rename it boot.dol, and overwrite the older boot.dol in the Wiiflow folder in the app pack.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  4. #13183
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    hi total n0ob at this im going through the guide and it says that i have to verify checksums??how exactly do i do this?do i need a program?thanks in advance

  5. #13184
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by brutis24786 View Post
    hi total n0ob at this im going through the guide and it says that i have to verify checksums??how exactly do i do this?do i need a program?thanks in advance
    Verify Checksums -very important
    MAC users- you can use Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire
    On your PC, navigate to your sd card
    Run sd:\md5summer.exe (this is run on your computer, not the wii)
    Click "Verify Sums", Select "ModPack.md5"
    All check sums should verify without error (very important)

    Click "Verify Sums" again, Verify CIOS-PACK.md5, IOS Update.md5, and any others you have
    All Checksums should verify without issue. Errors = Bad News, so try again
    After you've downloaded and extracted the Modpack, and cIOSpack and moved their contents to your SD card,
    you then follow the above instructions.



  6. #13185
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Yes it is pretty much that simple. All you have to do is download the r418.dol from HERE, rename it boot.dol, and overwrite the older boot.dol in the Wiiflow folder in the app pack.
    Stick with the DX2 v7 then w/ r418.dol? Or deal with the troubles of the beta? Also, for those who have already installed r417, can you just install over top of the previous version? Thanks for your advice Jizzle
    Last edited by painless; 02-04-2012 at 05:25 AM.

  7. #13186
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,208
    Thanks
    1,450
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,895 Posts
    The instructions you quoted in your above post are how you install over top of the previous version. I should have said "and overwrite the older boot.dol in the apps/Wiiflow folder on your SD card." Sorry for not making that more clear

    And like player said, generally newer cIOS are not added to this guide until they have been thoroughly tested and out of beta stage. That doesn't mean you can't get them yourself and do it! If you have issues you can always revert back to v7!

  8. #13187
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Alrightee then, next question which pertains to the other USB loaders included with this pack. I am currently downloading all the cover art for configurable usb loader and it's defaulting to my sd card. I want to migrate all items to my usb hdd. Since Configurable USB loader doesn't have a built in option to select where you store cover art (maybe in a future release this would be a great option) how would I tell it to look at the USB drive for all this? This question also pertains to all the items within this guide assuming a usb drive will be used at the end with no sd card at all.

    I have always used sd cards on all the Wii's I've modded but now that this has all gone fat32, I really LOVE the idea of using a fatty usb hdd for everything now.

    What an AWESOME guide this is!

  9. #13188
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 489 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    Alrightee then, next question which pertains to the other USB loaders included with this pack. I am currently downloading all the cover art for configurable usb loader and it's defaulting to my sd card. I want to migrate all items to my usb hdd. Since Configurable USB loader doesn't have a built in option to select where you store cover art (maybe in a future release this would be a great option) how would I tell it to look at the USB drive for all this? This question also pertains to all the items within this guide assuming a usb drive will be used at the end with no sd card at all.

    I have always used sd cards on all the Wii's I've modded but now that this has all gone fat32, I really LOVE the idea of using a fatty usb hdd for everything now.

    What an AWESOME guide this is!
    Put the images folder on your usb and then, inside the usb-loader folder that is on the root of your sd, open the config.txt file and change "covers_path = sd:/images/" to "covers_path = usb/images/"

  10. 1 User Says Thank You playerkp420 For This Useful Post


  11. #13189
    New Member painless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    218
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Put the images folder on your usb and then, inside the usb-loader folder that is on the root of your sd, open the config.txt file and change "covers_path = sd:/images/" to "covers_path = usb/images/"
    Sweet! Thanks man. It's the little things that count

  12. #13190
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    The instructions you quoted in your above post are how you install over top of the previous version. I should have said "and overwrite the older boot.dol in the apps/Wiiflow folder on your SD card." Sorry for not making that more clear
    Sorry cjizzle but can I just confirm/clarify that this is what you do whether you have already installed r417 or (as in my case) if you wish to install r418 (instead of r417) during chapter 3 of "softmod any wii guide" (and don't wish to muck up the wiiflow forwarder channel etc installed by the guide)?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •