Page 1294 of 1831 FirstFirst ... 294794119412441284129212931294129512961304134413941794 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,940 of 18304

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12931
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wburn81 View Post
    I need someone's help. I have successfully soft modded my wii. I play games through my hard drive. Everywhere I have read, you must plug in your hard drive to the USB port closest to the edge.

    The problem I have is that USB port is broken. However the one next to it works. Can I use this other USB port? If so, how can I modify this to work? Can I change something in the soft mod file? Any help would be appreciated.
    I seen when I updated my USB Loader GX, that it had an option to choose which port for your drive, in the settings. I haven't tried it, but it might work.

  2. #12932
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    I seen when I updated my USB Loader GX, that it had an option to choose which port for your drive, in the settings. I haven't tried it, but it might work.
    I tried that & it does not work. Most all require the the hard drive to be plugged into the USB Port 0 (which is the one closest to the edge).

    I am trying to see if anyone knows how to use the Port 1 (which is the inner most USB port.

    Thanks in advance.

  3. #12933
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wburn81

    I tried that & it does not work. Most all require the the hard drive to be plugged into the USB Port 0 (which is the one closest to the edge).

    I am trying to see if anyone knows how to use the Port 1 (which is the inner most USB port.

    Thanks in advance.
    I don't think you can for gameplay. That port will work for wiimc and some other things though.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p

  4. #12934
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    I don't think you can for gameplay. That port will work for wiimc and some other things though.

    Sent with WiiHacks app, that should explain any typos 8-p
    OK, does anyone know if you can replace the USB ports on a Wii or not

  5. #12935
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,952
    Thanks
    978
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wburn81 View Post
    OK, does anyone know if you can replace the USB ports on a Wii or not
    Yes, if you're good with a soldering iron. Otherwise take it to an expert.



  6. #12936
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    This is a quote from the USB Loader GX website:

    Added support for using USB port 1 (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
    Added support for using both USB ports at once (ONLY ON HERMES CIOS).
    Use this option with Multiple partitions option to list all the games from all partitions from both ports at once.
    Like I said I haven't tried it yet, but I think it will work with HERMES cIOS.



    source

  7. #12937
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know my friend has one just like mine and we didn't run into any trouble on his, I dont know what went wrong with mine. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks

  8. #12938
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzpher View Post
    I know my friend has one just like mine and we didn't run into any trouble on his, I dont know what went wrong with mine. If anybody can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks
    Did you finish the hackmii fix guide??

  9. #12939
    New Member beerfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    192
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 61 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k1n9_thin View Post
    Can i proceed to the next step without NAND backup or perform it at later stage ??
    Yes u can - but it's not good idea. I guess you aren,t using SD card but SDHC card. Use 2 GB Sandisk SD card and you will be able to make NAND dump.

  10. #12940
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Red face Oh Noo Did I Brick It ?

    First I would like to say thanks the guide so far is pretty self explanitory ...That being said, Made it to chapter 2 part 3 example at the end because i have kids so the example sounded like a good idea right?


    Now my wii comes up to a black screen with what looks to be a wii remote on it and will do nothing ....what can i do to fix it ?



    hope this was the right place for this if not very sorry and thanks for any help

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •