Page 1286 of 1810 FirstFirst ... 286786118612361276128412851286128712881296133613861786 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,860 of 18091

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12851
    New Member isoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 91 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantimongoose

    Thank you again for your reply. I think I will then just go with the recommended and install the patched/downgraded system menu 4.1 v544##. Just wondering though if not having system menu 4.3 when i
    put in an original disk with a higher system menu update on it will the wii prompt me to update or will it recognise it has the crrent ios(es) and not prompt?
    This is where cIOSs come in.

    If a game requires an update, there will most likely be a guide on this site that tells you what cIOSs are needed for it to run without a system menu update. By loading into these cIOSs, your game will be "fooled" into thinking that you have the correct system menu. It will then work perfectly.

    So, in short, with the correct cIOSs installed, your game will work perfectly.

  2. #12852
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantimongoose View Post
    Thank you again for your reply. I think I will then just go with the recommended and install the patched/downgraded system menu 4.1 v544##. Just wondering though if not having system menu 4.3 when i
    put in an original disk with a higher system menu update on it will the wii prompt me to update or will it recognise it has the crrent ios(es) and not prompt?
    Farther on in the guide you will install Priiloader which will allow you to block disc/online updates. You should know that already as you're supposed to read the guide 3 times before starting.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  3. #12853
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Farther on in the guide you will install Priiloader which will allow you to block disc/online updates. You should know that already as you're supposed to read the guide 3 times before starting.
    Thank you I truly have read it a lot more than three times thats why I have so many questions - its the understanding bit I am trying to master! I will re-read the priiloader bit again too.
    I'm just going to repeat the second bit of my question above because you people are so clever you had answered my post while I had gone back to edit it to ask a bit more! Thank you so much for the speedy help!
    Anyway the second question was:
    Another question I have now (I would rather ask before i attempt my softmod than when i muck it up!)
    I need the follow explanation under Part 3- Make A NAND Backup (NOT Optional, do this,) padded out a bit.
    It says "load HBC, press -HOME-, launch Bootmii
    Make a nand backup
    Press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use gc-controller)
    Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select
    Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC"

    1. does this mean press the minus button on the wiimote or is there a spot within the HBC that has a Home button that allows me to launch bootmi (sorry I know this is a dumb one!)
    2.I do not have game cube controller so am I right that I basically press the power off on the wii and then off again then while it is off press reset twice? Does this actually turn the wii off and
    on etc or do these buttons have a different function once Bootmii is launched? I think that what the guide is saying here "Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select".
    3. given the dumbness of my above question can anyone direct me to a accurate utube video that actually shows this process (I must be a visual learner) as if I see it this will give me more
    confidence while I'm doing it that its going right?
    Thanks for reading this far!!!

  4. #12854
    New Member isoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 91 Times in 87 Posts
    Don't know about the YouTube video - sorry

    As for your other questions:

    1. I'm pretty sure that means press the "home" button on your wii remote.

    2. I think that means that for the required action, you need to press a direction on the D-Pad on the wii remote.

    E.g. If it says POWER=RIGHT or RIGHT=POWER (sorry can't remember order as I'm using iPod) you have to press right on the wiimote's D-Pad, which will act like a power button. Just to the directions in the correct order.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You isoguy For This Useful Post


  6. #12855
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,177
    Thanks
    1,439
    Thanked 2,546 Times in 1,881 Posts
    The guide is talking about the home button on your remote, and the buttons you speak of on the console itself do function differently when you launch bootmii.

    Also, to clarify your updating question, the elevated system menu version 544** was another clever way mauifrog helped to prevent accidental updates. It's version is higher than any system menu from N, so it can't be updated (as of now anyways).

    Quote Originally Posted by isoguy View Post
    If it says POWER=RIGHT or RIGHT=POWER (sorry can't remember order as I'm using iPod) you have to press right on the wiimote's D-Pad, which will act like a power button.
    ummm...what? lol

  7. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  8. #12856
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by isoguy View Post
    This is where cIOSs come in.

    If a game requires an update, there will most likely be a guide on this site that tells you what cIOSs are needed for it to run without a system menu update. By loading into these cIOSs, your game will be "fooled" into thinking that you have the correct system menu. It will then work perfectly.

    So, in short, with the correct cIOSs installed, your game will work perfectly.
    The post you are responding to is asking about original games discs, which have nothing to do with cios. Your need to respond to every post is starting to look like spam.

  9. #12857
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Best tutorial on the internet hands down! Thanks a bunch! have done my friends wii and now to do mine..

    Quick Question

    I have a red wii 4.3u... i imagine i have to installi cboot2 as an ios.. what are the cons to this? if it bricks will i have the same option as my friends wii white wii(backingup from my nand files etc etc ? (cboot as boot2) older wii.

  10. #12858
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josejuan774 View Post
    Best tutorial on the internet hands down! Thanks a bunch! have done my friends wii and now to do mine..

    Quick Question

    I have a red wii 4.3u... i imagine i have to installi cboot2 as an ios.. what are the cons to this? if it bricks will i have the same option as my friends wii white wii(backingup from my nand files etc etc ? (cboot as boot2) older wii.
    I think you mean bootmii as boot2 or ios. Boot2 is the best brick protection you can get. Bootmii as ios is not a viable brick recovery option unless EVERYTHING else has been tried and failed. As long as you follow directions and do your research on everything you want to do to your wii then you will be safe anyhow.

  11. #12859
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    The post you are responding to is asking about original games discs, which have nothing to do with cios. Your need to respond to every post is starting to look like spam.
    OH? So if I follow the guide exactly including setting prriloader as recommended then put in a original disk (eg: to copy it via configurable usb loader on to a hdd) will it prompt me to update
    if it has 4.3 system update on it when it is inserted?

  12. #12860
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 489 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tantimongoose View Post
    OH? So if I follow the guide exactly including setting prriloader as recommended then put in a original disk (eg: to copy it via configurable usb loader on to a hdd) will it prompt me to update
    if it has 4.3 system update on it when it is inserted?
    No if you have the online and disc update blocks enabled in priiloader, your wii will never ask you to do an update. Except when you test your connection to setup your internet, then just say no. But if you hit yes it will give an error and nothing happens.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •