Page 1284 of 1820 FirstFirst ... 284784118412341274128212831284128512861294133413841784 ... LastLast
Results 12,831 to 12,840 of 18193

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12831
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 490 Times in 428 Posts
    Use the seagate software that came with your drive on your pc to disable sleep mode.

  2. #12832
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmonster View Post
    I can not express how awesome this Great tutorial is

    just one silly question, how do i install these apps from the quote above?
    Ok, first of all I want to thank for the great guide. It's 2 am here and I just completed chapter 2 without any issues at all. I still don't really understand what chapter 3 is for. Once you extracted the App Pack to the SD, what do we need to do w/ it? Right now I have all those USB Loader, NeoGamma, and Backup HBC in the System Menu. Sorry, rookie here......

    Thanks a lot in advance.

  3. #12833
    New Member isoguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    582
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 91 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topdba

    Ok, first of all I want to thank for the great guide. It's 2 am here and I just completed chapter 2 without any issues at all. I still don't really understand what chapter 3 is for. Once you extracted the App Pack to the SD, what do we need to do w/ it? Right now I have all those USB Loader, NeoGamma, and Backup HBC in the System Menu. Sorry, rookie here......

    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Those apps are recognized by the HB channel - they do not need to be "installed". Open the HB channel and they should be there. Then load them to start the app.

    Alternatively, I think some apps come with wads that you can install. Not sure about this tho...

  4. #12834
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hello can someone help me with this error, i have 4.3e and i changed the region to U

    before i softmodded it, i had set the country to New Zeland..

    after softmod everything worked perfectly but when i tried to go to internet channel to download it i got an error that says something like the channel is not compatible

    i then went to priloader and enabled the settings that says something like 'no region limit on channels'

    My problem is whenever clicking the shop channel, it says something like: "Your previous region shop channel was ..." then i get this error: 20595 because of the error i cannot use shop channel & i cannot download internet channel.

    please help thanks! everything works except that.

    edit// i know on the guide it says:
    Wii Shop Users-
    If you use the wii shopping channel, you must go into the wii shop and delete your account before
    starting chapter 2 of this guide. If you don't the wii shop will error.

    I didn't create/connect an account before softmod and never downloaded the internet channel before soft mod.

    Last edited by rize; 01-13-2012 at 05:15 AM.

  5. #12835
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks so much for this guide. It was my first time and everything went perfectly. ^^

  6. #12836
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    Put the apps from the app pack in the apps folder on your SD card.

    OK, cool, I know how to do that on my pc, but how will that install it on my system menu in the wii?

    one more question can i use my gamecube pads to play wii games now that it is modded?

  7. #12837
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmonster View Post
    OK, cool, I know how to do that on my pc, but how will that install it on my system menu in the wii?

    one more question can i use my gamecube pads to play wii games now that it is modded?
    It won't install them on your System Menu. You have to access them through the Homebrew Channel. Some apps have forwarder channels you can install on your System Menu, though. As for your second question, you can only use GC controllers in games that support them out of the factory (unless you feel like going through a lot of soldering to wire it up like a Classic Controller).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  8. #12838
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just want to pay my respect to this awesome tutorial/guide,i followed every single step after reading a lot and everything went smooth and the wii lost is virginity. now just need to find a decent and compatible hd to start doing the games saves. thats another war.
    thank you

  9. #12839
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    It won't install them on your System Menu. You have to access them through the Homebrew Channel. Some apps have forwarder channels you can install on your System Menu, though. As for your second question, you can only use GC controllers in games that support them out of the factory (unless you feel like going through a lot of soldering to wire it up like a Classic Controller).
    thank you
    geez you guys are so knowledgeable

  10. #12840
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i'm done with the softmod guide but i want to check my ARC settings,


    1. is it alright if I just copy the ARC files on my sd card without reformatting it? (currently it has the app pack & some saved games)


    2. is it okay if I launch ARC again to check settings?


    3. is it okay if I do the following steps:
    a) Get AnyRegion Changer
    b) Run AnyRegion Changer from the Homebrew Channel and change your Shop Channel region to New zealand.
    c) Go to the Shop Channel and remove your account.
    d) Run AnyRegion Changer again and switch your Shop Channel region back to United States
    e) Go to the Shop Channel and set up a new account.


    will all 3 not result to wii brick?


    to know my problem click: http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tml#post633212


    thank you! i really need the shop channel to work.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •