Page 1278 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 278778117812281268127612771278127912801288132813781778 ... LastLast
Results 12,771 to 12,780 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12771
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Problem with BootMii & a Seperate Question

    PROBLEM
    I followed all the directions, step-by-step, and the install worked perfectly (THANK YOU). I have a brand new black wii w/ 4.3u factory installed and an updated wii shop. However, after everthing was fully installed, I tried to open BootMii from HBC and it went to a black screen and froze. I then put my SD card back in my computer, put all the BootMii & Priiloader files back on my SD card and tried again. This time it either froze again or gave me a black screen error that had something to do with a file dump error. How do I fix this?

    Iím trying to install a Wad Manager and I think I need to do it via BootMii. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

    QUESTION
    Iíve read that some of the Wad games/emulators require one of the Wii/GC controllers. Will the Wii wired controller (the one that connects to the Motion+ remote) work for these, or do I need to get a USB one?

  2. #12772
    New Member yogibear83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilfire111 View Post
    Sorry, really sketchy about modding the Wii.. Anyways all is good. Can I just use a 16 Gig Flash Drive for the USBLoader? Also, what's the difference between USBLoader CFG and USBLoader GX? The OP's post only installs CFG. I've got all the cIOS and IOS' needed to run apps like WiiFlow now, correct? About running emulation, such as NES, SNES, SEGA Genesis, and Nintendo 64.. I can just install them via Homebrew Browser?

    EDIT: It's safe to turn WiiConnect 24 back on now, correct? So I can view the news/weather channels correctly? Also, is there any risk in trying a burnt disc? I'm positive my Wii can read burnt discs, as it's from early 2007 (mid January)
    Glad its all "good"!! HDD would be better than a flash, as the operate quicker (send and receive data), but im sure the flash will do the job for now.

    CFG & GX are 2 different "Makes" of the same initial product. Bit like a VW Golf & Ford Escort, both have 4 wheels and get you from A - B, but both are totaly different!
    I prefer GX as I find its UI easier to use, CFG is completely customizable, im not interested in that, so ive stuck with GX.

    If you want GX go HERE.

    Not sure about turning back on Wiiconnect, but if you have blocked the updates using Priiloader, then I can see this being a problem. Maybe a more experienced member will clarify this.

    I dont think you will have troubles using a burnt disc, but please remember at Wiihacks we do not support piracy, so the copy must be of an original you still have.
    Even Bears Play With Wii's!!



    If I've Helped You Plz Say Thanks

  3. #12773
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi I am at Chapter 2, part 1. I launched MMM but all i got was a black screen with a few white pixels at the bottom left corner.

    I extracted the modpack and CIOS files to the sd card and did a checksum and everything checked out ok.

    I have IOS 4.2u but I didn't put the IOS update files in the SD card b/c the guide says "If you would like to update your wii ios". Should I have put the IOS update on?

    What should i do about the black screen?

    Thanks.

  4. #12774
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,242
    Thanks
    1,467
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilfire111 View Post
    EDIT: It's safe to turn WiiConnect 24 back on now, correct? So I can view the news/weather channels correctly? Also, is there any risk in trying a burnt disc? I'm positive my Wii can read burnt discs, as it's from early 2007 (mid January)
    It is fine to have WiiConnect24 on as long as you have set priiloader to block updates. And yes you can use burnt discs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Tripper View Post
    PROBLEM
    I followed all the directions, step-by-step, and the install worked perfectly (THANK YOU). I have a brand new black wii w/ 4.3u factory installed and an updated wii shop. However, after everthing was fully installed, I tried to open BootMii from HBC and it went to a black screen and froze. I then put my SD card back in my computer, put all the BootMii & Priiloader files back on my SD card and tried again. This time it either froze again or gave me a black screen error that had something to do with a file dump error. How do I fix this?

    I’m trying to install a Wad Manager and I think I need to do it via BootMii. If this is incorrect, please let me know.

    QUESTION
    I’ve read that some of the Wad games/emulators require one of the Wii/GC controllers. Will the Wii wired controller (the one that connects to the Motion+ remote) work for these, or do I need to get a USB one?
    You can use MMM to install wads. Guide HERE. As far as emulators, I have no problems using the classic controller (the one that plugs into your wii remote).

    Quote Originally Posted by strider-hiryu View Post
    Hi I am at Chapter 2, part 1. I launched MMM but all i got was a black screen with a few white pixels at the bottom left corner.

    I extracted the modpack and CIOS files to the sd card and did a checksum and everything checked out ok.

    I have IOS 4.2u but I didn't put the IOS update files in the SD card b/c the guide says "If you would like to update your wii ios". Should I have put the IOS update on?

    What should i do about the black screen?

    Thanks.
    You need to do the IOS update as well. The guide specifically states that you do not need to do it if you are on 4.3, which you are not.

  5. 2 Users Say Thank You to cjizzle For This Useful Post


  6. #12775
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    You need to do the IOS update as well. The guide specifically states that you do not need to do it if you are on 4.3, which you are not.
    Thanks. how do I get out of the black screen? Do I just power off/on the Wii?

  7. #12776
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,242
    Thanks
    1,467
    Thanked 2,587 Times in 1,909 Posts
    You launched MMM using bootmii from the Homebrew Channel correct? If so, yes just power off your Wii and restart it.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  9. #12777
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    You launched MMM using bootmii from the Homebrew Channel correct? If so, yes just power off your Wii and restart it.
    Yes thank you very much for your help cjizzle. I was able to complete the rest of the guide.

  10. #12778
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks a lot to anyone involved in writing this guide.

    Instructions can look daunting, but make perfect sense when you are actually carrying them out, all in all a very ease guide!

    Superb, cheers

  11. #12779
    New Member yogibear83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    78
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cravune View Post
    Thanks a lot to anyone involved in writing this guide.

    Instructions can look daunting, but make perfect sense when you are actually carrying them out, all in all a very ease guide!

    Superb, cheers
    Another happy customer LOL!!
    Even Bears Play With Wii's!!



    If I've Helped You Plz Say Thanks

  12. #12780
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you! I read the guide a couple of times and everything worked out perfectly first time around.
    I have the black Wii 4,3e.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •