Page 1229 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 229729112911791219122712281229123012311239127913291729 ... LastLast
Results 12,281 to 12,290 of 18088

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12281
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Install a new usb loader forwarder; thats the only thing that i can think of to fix your problem, i think the USBLoader-CFG-Forwarder.dol got corrupt. Or if you got a copy of the .dol from long ago, replace it. Basically, you need to replace that .dol with a working one with the same exact name.
    The rest of your errors are normal for what you got on your sd card.
    Thanks for the tip. I got back at it tonight and lo and behold I got it working again.
    I first replaced the two dol files, as suggested, no difference.
    I compared the content of my SD card with the backup of the card that I have on my PC.
    And I discovered that the USBLoader folder was missing in the Apps folder of my SD card.
    So I copied the USBFolder to my SD card and the Wii is working again

    Only difference from before is that the start up screen of the configurable USB Loader does not look the same as before. Never mind, it works again.

    Strange however that a whole folder disappeared from the SD card. I am happy that it was an easy fix though, keeping all the game saves was important.

    Thanks a great guide and for getting me back on the road!
    Last edited by HeinkelTourist; 12-22-2011 at 01:44 PM.

  2. #12282
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    @ hottiemom24

    You installed the 4.1 sm when you followed the guide. The fact that you are unaware of that means that you did not read all of the guide. You must have missed something else too. Redo the guide.
    Yes I read the whole thing and no I did not install the wrong software. Maybe you should read my original post. I installed the 4.3 u initially cuz that's what software version BOTH of my Wii's run on. When it hit errors, it reverted to 4.1. I used ALL software recommended and avoided stuff not recommended for 4.3

    This isn't my first ride on the hobby horse....I nodded my other Wii just fine and have maintained it for a couple years.
    Last edited by hottiemom24; 12-22-2011 at 02:09 PM.

  3. #12283
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Since i know nothing about your problem, and you sounded desperate for help, i googled your problem (what a suprise) and found this from dacotaco himself, the one who made it.
    And further down that post the user with the problem re downloaded it and it worked, http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tml#post611005
    Hi

    I Have the latest homebrew channel and ran from the channel and did not modify the meta file.

    I did check out your link and re-downloaded priiloader from that link...and now all is good.

    If a mod is looking in on this... I believe the priiloader in this guide is no good as I downloaded cios v5 pack a few times and everything works apart from priiloader...?

    It could be just my setup as I had v0.4 but as soon as I downloaded the 0.7 from the other link it updates with no issue ( did have to insert hash hacks ini)

    Anyway resolved now.

  4. #12284
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 489 Times in 428 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hottiemom24 View Post
    Yes I read the whole thing and no I did not install the wrong software. Maybe you should read my original post. I installed the 4.3 u initially cuz that's what software version BOTH of my Wood run on. When it hit errors, it reverted to 4.1. I used ALL software recommended and avoided stuff not recommended for 4.3

    This isn't my first ride on the hobby horse....I nodded my other Wii just fine and have maintained it for a couple years.
    skellinator is right. In your first post you said you filled your wii's memory up. So you didn't read that part of the guide, that says and I quote "Chapter 1-Installing The HomeBrew Channel and Bootmii
    Read the guide at least 3 times
    Have 350 free blocks of nand space
    Remove all GC controllers, GC memory cards, USB devices
    Don't lose power"

    Also if you clicked on the spoiler that says "cIOS FAQ-what this mod installs" you would know that it installed system menu 4.1.

    Quote Originally Posted by ancient333 View Post
    Hi

    I Have the latest homebrew channel and ran from the channel and did not modify the meta file.

    I did check out your link and re-downloaded priiloader from that link...and now all is good.

    If a mod is looking in on this... I believe the priiloader in this guide is no good as I downloaded cios v5 pack a few times and everything works apart from priiloader...?

    It could be just my setup as I had v0.4 but as soon as I downloaded the 0.7 from the other link it updates with no issue ( did have to insert hash hacks ini)

    Anyway resolved now.
    If you fixed it by redownloading then it was probably because you needed to check sums with md5, and if there were errors you neede to redownload. The priiloader in this guide works flawlessly. I have done 5 Wii's this week with this guide.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You playerkp420 For This Useful Post


  6. #12285
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    49
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Now I've got it all working nicely with USB Loader GX (more or less) I'd like to remove a few unnecessary channels, such as Homebrew Channel, USB Loader, Backup HC. How do I go about this?

    I presume once I've removed Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX will only give the option to go to the System Menu (at the moment it offers this and Homebrew Channel), as I want USB Loader GX and the System Menu to be the only choices available to the user.

  7. #12286
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 779 Times in 591 Posts
    does it say remove the channels?


  8. #12287
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doveman View Post
    Now I've got it all working nicely with USB Loader GX (more or less) I'd like to remove a few unnecessary channels, such as Homebrew Channel, USB Loader, Backup HC. How do I go about this?

    I presume once I've removed Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX will only give the option to go to the System Menu (at the moment it offers this and Homebrew Channel), as I want USB Loader GX and the System Menu to be the only choices available to the user.
    You can remove channels through the Wii settings or with AnyTitle Deleter (using ATD will remove them more completely). But why on earth would you want to remove the HBC/Backup HBC? They are there for a reason. Feel free to remove the USB Loader Channel, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  10. #12288
    New Member Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NM, its in the US contrary to popular belief
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    117
    Thanked 185 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doveman View Post
    Now I've got it all working nicely with USB Loader GX (more or less) I'd like to remove a few unnecessary channels, such as Homebrew Channel, USB Loader, Backup HC. How do I go about this?

    I presume once I've removed Homebrew Channel, USB Loader GX will only give the option to go to the System Menu (at the moment it offers this and Homebrew Channel), as I want USB Loader GX and the System Menu to be the only choices available to the user.
    Why not move them to the last page so you can't see them and they are their incase you need them?
    My Consoles 4.1U Bootmii/Boot2 PSP1001Phat PS3Slim 120gb

    Useful Links:
    Softmod ANY Wii
    Latest Neogamma Channels
    Please hit the thanks button if I help you.

  11. #12289
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Who has access to the app-pack link in the softmod to be able to change its content the usb-loader folder thats in the guide, is hosed, some how, 248 is hardcoded and unchangeable as the default ios, not even via config.txt will change this properly. It should be replaced with this latest version of CFGLoader the IOS is defaulted properly and changeable compared to the one in the app-pack. Download Configurable_USB_Loader_v70_and_Forwarder_(Extract to Root of SD card, Install wad with wad manager).rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

    This is just a heads up

  12. #12290
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,066
    Thanks
    827
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by _DiGiTaL_
    Who has access to the app-pack link in the softmod to be able to change its content the usb-loader folder thats in the guide, is hosed, some how, 248 is hardcoded and unchangeable as the default ios, not even via config.txt will change this properly. It should be replaced with this latest version of CFGLoader the IOS is defaulted properly and changeable compared to the one in the app-pack. Download Configurable_USB_Loader_v70_and_Forwarder_(Extract to Root of SD card, Install wad with wad manager).rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

    This is just a heads up
    This guide has always had the versions of apps that the author believes to be the most stable. From what I have seen so far regarding the latest cfg release, it is not the best choice for the masses. This guide is maintained by staff now and the issue has been brought up and is being discussed.

  13. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •