Page 1212 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 212712111211621202121012111212121312141222126213121712 ... LastLast
Results 12,111 to 12,120 of 18172

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #12111
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Thumbs up question

    Hi maui and everyone.

    I don't know if this has been asked previously but here it goes:

    I have read your guide 5 times and now i get it. It simple and following it step by step i should have no problems.

    here is the issue, i bought XENOBLADE CHRONICLES PAL VERSION in the UK and i have a Black wii 4.3U.

    the question is, after i softmod it, could i still run my original copies of zelda, mario, smash bros, and run my original pal copy of xenoblade from the disc drive when it arrives? This is, put in the game, and run it from the drive even though it has been modded. I am worried about this because i read that the disc channel can be moved and i dont know if this will severe the ability of my new wii to run original copies of my games. Also the reason I am gonna mod my wii is to play import copies acquired in the internet. (japanese and european games not released in the American Continent)

    Also i cannot find the guide to force the video to play pal games on ntsc. I've read this can be done.

    Thanks in advance for all the help provided and sorry for my ignorance

  2. #12112
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juanescudero View Post
    Hi maui and everyone.

    I don't know if this has been asked previously but here it goes:

    I have read your guide 5 times and now i get it. It simple and following it step by step i should have no problems.

    here is the issue, i bought XENOBLADE CHRONICLES PAL VERSION in the UK and i have a Black wii 4.3U.

    the question is, after i softmod it, could i still run my original copies of zelda, mario, smash bros, and run my original pal copy of xenoblade from the disc drive when it arrives? This is, put in the game, and run it from the drive even though it has been modded. I am worried about this because i read that the disc channel can be moved and i dont know if this will severe the ability of my new wii to run original copies of my games. Also the reason I am gonna mod my wii is to play import copies acquired in the internet. (japanese and european games not released in the American Continent)

    Also i cannot find the guide to force the video to play pal games on ntsc. I've read this can be done.

    Thanks in advance for all the help provided and sorry for my ignorance


    After you soft mod your wii you can still play games off disc, yes. I have no problem playing any of my games. I have actually moved my disc channel around and I still have no problem playing games, so I hope that helps you.

    Also, just asking anyone who is reading this, I have followed the instructions and updated my cIOS but when I go into my HBC it still says ios58, Is it supposed to be like that?
    Last edited by ErraticSea; 12-13-2011 at 08:51 PM.

  3. #12113
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    so this means my original pal copy of xenoblade chronicles will boot and run from the disc drive smoothly?

  4. #12114
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erracticsea
    so, just asking anyone who is reading this, I have followed the instructions and updated my cIOS but when I go into my HBC it still says ios58, Is it supposed to be like that?
    Yes, that is normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanescudero
    so this means my original pal copy of xenoblade chronicles will boot and run from the disc drive smoothly?
    Force video to Ntsc In NeoGamma, and it should run smooth.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-13-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Fixed...

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  6. #12115
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    thanks jax. Tomorrow i will softmod my wii and well let's see how it goes...crossing the fingers and ill keep you posted.

    by the way, there is an increasing number of people buying wii's just because of xenoblade, am i right?

  7. #12116
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi everybody!
    When I first found this thread I was amazed with it. I read it over and over so I wouldn't do anything wrong and, as soon as I began following the guide, I ran into what seems to be a simple problem which got me stuck. I am not being able to do the first step, to launch the hackmii installer, what I've been trying insistently. I've tried formatting the SD card many times, using the other versions of bannerbomb v1 (my wii's 3.1), even going to bannerbomb's and hackmii installer's websites and following their instructions. What's happening is that my wii doesn't find anything in the sd card channels, the "load boot.dol/elf" doesn't pop and neither does the wii freeze. I mean, nothing happens and I have no clue on the why. Sorry if it's a dumb question or if it's already been asked.
    Thanks in advance!

  8. #12117
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juanescudero View Post
    thanks jax. Tomorrow i will softmod my wii and well let's see how it goes...crossing the fingers and ill keep you posted.

    by the way, there is an increasing number of people buying wii's just because of xenoblade, am i right?
    You will be fine follow the Guide to a "T".
    Haven't played it myself ,But I know one person who has gone and purchase a wii for that purpose.
    Last edited by Jax; 12-13-2011 at 09:15 PM. Reason: More Detailed..

  9. #12118
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    You will be fine follow the Guide to a "T".
    Haven't played it myself ,But I know one person who has gone and purchase a wii for that purpose.
    will you wait for the US Release or yo will import?

    damn, its 1:15 am here ...gotta go to sleep... jejej

  10. #12119
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,651
    Thanks
    3,213
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    I'll wait.

  11. #12120
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello! I apologize for my noobness in advance!!! when you say "format your SD card!" what exactly do you mean? do i have to start Disk utility on my mac and transform it into another format? what format does it have to be?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •