Page 1193 of 1832 FirstFirst ... 193693109311431183119111921193119411951203124312931693 ... LastLast
Results 11,921 to 11,930 of 18319

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #11921
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    The ios update is not needed if you start on 4.3, the ios are separate from the system menu. So you can have an old system menu with updated ios. There are many ios, they run many games, channels, wiiware, etc. They are all independent of eachother. Since your on 4.3 your ios are already updated, installing the 4.1 sm will not affect the ios so you do not need the ios update pack.
    Thanks maui... I just noticed that somebody asked this question yesterday and it was answered. Thanks for your quick reply though, and once again... awesome guide! :0

  2. #11922
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    make your nand backup, add ios58 to the wads in chapter 2, load mmm via bootmii as described in chapter 2. When you done with chapter 2 just reinstall the HBC to get it running on ios58.
    So i did this and it all went well until i went to load MMM and the screen went black, flashing with nearly unreadable words scrolling down.... It looked like it was trying to install something.... Then the MMM showed up for a second and it reset itself back to the main welcome screen where you have to push a to continue...
    I dont know what to do........ this is crazy

  3. #11923
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonrebel View Post
    So i did this and it all went well until i went to load MMM and the screen went black, flashing with nearly unreadable words scrolling down.... It looked like it was trying to install something.... Then the MMM showed up for a second and it reset itself back to the main welcome screen where you have to push a to continue...
    I dont know what to do........ this is crazy
    That is weird, never seen that before.
    Add this to the sd card
    wiimod-v3_bb2_cb2.zip
    Try to install the wads with wiimod.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  4. #11924
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=mauifrog;619365]
    Quote Originally Posted by sahob22 View Post
    Check to make sure your date and time or set proper. You should see the envelope, plus or minus a day.
    date and time are correct. this is really starting to seem silly that i can't even get the wii to recognize the file on an sd card. i've tried every which way but loose to add the file to the card with no success. followed the instructions on letterbomb to a T and it's not working. downloaded it, extracted it, dragged and dropped it and nothing!! can someone explain to me exactly why something this simple is proving so hard to figure out?

  5. #11925
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    That is weird, never seen that before.
    Add this to the sd card
    wiimod-v3_bb2_cb2.zip
    Try to install the wads with wiimod.
    Alright.... so that helped me... BUT, i then went to install the 25 wads and it goes thru and install them... Or attempts to.. then i get this message...
    # errors occured...
    error installing !!!ios60 - system -comapatibility-test wad
    3 x 1035 errors title with a higher version is already installed. error installing cios249[38}-v21d2x6.wad and also cios250[57]-v21d2x6.wad

  6. #11926
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Followed this, worked like a champ! Now to the games!

  7. #11927
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,191
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,585 Times in 2,974 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by oregonrebel View Post
    Alright.... so that helped me... BUT, i then went to install the 25 wads and it goes thru and install them... Or attempts to.. then i get this message...
    # errors occured...
    error installing !!!ios60 - system -comapatibility-test wad
    3 x 1035 errors title with a higher version is already installed. error installing cios249[38}-v21d2x6.wad and also cios250[57]-v21d2x6.wad
    OK, load wiimod and select to change ios. Change to ios236. Then install cios249 / 250 again, skip !!!ios60
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #11928
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,692
    Thanks
    254
    Thanked 396 Times in 369 Posts
    [QUOTE=sahob22;619591]
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post

    date and time are correct. this is really starting to seem silly that i can't even get the wii to recognize the file on an sd card. i've tried every which way but loose to add the file to the card with no success. followed the instructions on letterbomb to a T and it's not working. downloaded it, extracted it, dragged and dropped it and nothing!! can someone explain to me exactly why something this simple is proving so hard to figure out?
    1. make sure to use 2GB sd card and FAT formatted.
    2. set the right DATE and time in the Wii before u reach to get the "Bomb" dowonload
    3. be patient (wait for the letterman)......check the envelope before and after one-week of the DATE.

  9. 1 User Says Thank You billyhome For This Useful Post


  10. #11929
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Black screen at install 25 wad step (chapter2, part1, step1)

    I was attempting to update the soft mod using the guide. All was fine until I reached the step to install the 25 wads. I started homebrew, then launched Bootmii. When the Multi-Mod manager started the screen went black. I tried resetting the Wii and it seems to boot fine, although there is a black screen. I can use the remote to start the system by pushing A, I have sound and the remote connects. I have tried to enter priiloader holding reset while starting the wii... no luck ( i believe it was removed). The SM is 4.1.

    This Wii was working fine with a soft mod. I wanted to update the softmod after reading that the cIOS's used for differnet USB loaders could affect games loading. In paticular, Call of Duty and Monster Hunter Tri. I could on get either/or to load... not both... using the previous softmod and USB loader GX (updated of course). So... after much reading... I figured I would use the new guide and update my softmod to use cIOS222-224 with CFG loader. I used the previous guide here to softmod, I believe it used cIOS249.

    Any suggestions??

  11. #11930
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    [QUOTE=billyhome;619757]
    Quote Originally Posted by sahob22 View Post
    1. make sure to use 2GB sd card and FAT formatted.
    2. set the right DATE and time in the Wii before u reach to get the "Bomb" dowonload
    3. be patient (wait for the letterman)......check the envelope before and after one-week of the DATE.
    it's a 2GB card. i formatted it for FAT32 because someone told me to do so earlier. the date and time are correct on the wii. when you say envelope are you saying there should be one when i load up the sd card? you're not talking about the envelope that's on the wii's main screen where you get "mail" are you? if it's supposed to be on the card there isn't anything. so i should load the card in the wii and wait a week before checking to see if the envelope appears?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •