Page 1192 of 1809 FirstFirst ... 192692109211421182119011911192119311941202124212921692 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,920 of 18089

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #11911
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Yes. Follow the guides instructions on how to download and install the IOS, and cIOS packs.



  2. #11912
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmarlo View Post
    Yes. Follow the guides instructions on how to download and install the IOS, and cIOS packs.
    Can you give me the links to the correct guides?

  3. #11913
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a strange issue, I used this guide to do a 4.3U and everything went well. no errors!
    but for some strange reason I can't get USBloader GX to work, I tried 4.0, 3.0. on version 4 it hang at the loading screen then reboots. on 3.0 i will get a blackscreen and then a dump error.
    I used configurable usb loader and that works just fine.

    Can any one help, Thanks!

  4. #11914
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    just softmoded 2 wiis for my kids Xmas present! 1 being 4.3 and the 4.2 thanks for the help again!

  5. #11915
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is goin' to sound pretty noob, but I've got a few questions.

    I softmodded my wii two years ago now, I think it is. I haven't got my nand back up anymore as my computer crashed and like a dumbass I didn't back anything up for awhile. Could I take a back up of my current set up and be able to recover from there? I my wii is on IOS 4.0, uhh cIOS rev 14 I think. Got usb loader and neogamma on there.

    Next, with all that being previously installed, is it possible to update with this guide, such as the update the system menu, shop, and cIOS? Or no. :/


    Sorry it's pretty meh, haven't been on my game in a while.


    EDIT: I've not found out if it is wise to nand back up now, but I have found modmii. Hopefully this will work. >.<
    Last edited by Ceejsradx3; 12-06-2011 at 02:38 PM.

  6. #11916
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    One quick question about this guide, and sorry if this has already been covered. If you start off on 4.3u, and skip the part of the IOS update since it says "not needed for 4.3", but you follow the rest of the guide and are now on SM 4.1, how does that affect anything? Is the IOS update needed? I'm pretty sure the answer is no since a 4.3 already had those IOSes originally... just wanted to get all checks and balances in order. Thanks

  7. #11917
    Jax
    Jax is offline
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,622
    Thanks
    3,205
    Thanked 1,322 Times in 1,105 Posts
    No, It's not needed ...as you already have them.

    And nothing will happen .

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  9. #11918
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by digipimp75 View Post
    One quick question about this guide, and sorry if this has already been covered. If you start off on 4.3u, and skip the part of the IOS update since it says "not needed for 4.3", but you follow the rest of the guide and are now on SM 4.1, how does that affect anything? Is the IOS update needed? I'm pretty sure the answer is no since a 4.3 already had those IOSes originally... just wanted to get all checks and balances in order. Thanks
    The ios update is not needed if you start on 4.3, the ios are separate from the system menu. So you can have an old system menu with updated ios. There are many ios, they run many games, channels, wiiware, etc. They are all independent of eachother. Since your on 4.3 your ios are already updated, installing the 4.1 sm will not affect the ios so you do not need the ios update pack.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. 2 Users Say Thank You to mauifrog For This Useful Post


  11. #11919
    New Member BlackBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey, extremely noobish noob asking for some help. >.<
    My Wii is extremely messed up from trying to fix it awhile back, but it is very much appreciated if you guys are able to help me >.<

    Spoiler


    Kudos to Tessa, the Goddess of Sig making for this sig.

    My Youtube Channel for piano vids.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ThemPian...s?feature=mhee

  12. #11920
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bishop05 View Post
    I have a strange issue, I used this guide to do a 4.3U and everything went well. no errors!
    but for some strange reason I can't get USBloader GX to work, I tried 4.0, 3.0. on version 4 it hang at the loading screen then reboots. on 3.0 i will get a blackscreen and then a dump error.
    I used configurable usb loader and that works just fine.

    Can any one help, Thanks!
    Sorry, not sure what your trouble is. It almost sounds like you are having an issue with cios249. You should have 249 installed without issue, so I don't know why it would not work. Try to delete the usbloader config folder, the app folder, then reinstall it to your sd card.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •