Page 1190 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 190690109011401180118811891190119111921200124012901690 ... LastLast
Results 11,891 to 11,900 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #11891
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to Wii but not console modding. Followed this guide after reading 1000's of everyone's posts. Everything seems to be running perfectly. Thanks to mauifrog and everyone else who contributes to this thread.

  2. #11892
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Wii Softmod with Hardmod

    Hi guys

    Im going to be softmodding my 4 year olds Wii over the next couple of days, its a PAL running on 4.3E. I have read through the guide a couple of times which is really well laid out (thanks mauifrog), i know the guide says you can do this on hardmodded Wii's as we are currently running a Wasabi DX chip but a lot of the back ups are very hit and miss on disc so we decided to softmod. My question is can i softmod with hardmod still installed, i ask because in the guide it says ' Softmodded wiis, just follow the guide, don't delete anything' does this mean you have to delete something on hardmodded Wii's?

    Thanks Guys in advance!

    Addcat

  3. #11893
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    832
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by addcat123 View Post
    Hi guys

    Im going to be softmodding my 4 year olds Wii over the next couple of days, its a PAL running on 4.3E. I have read through the guide a couple of times which is really well laid out (thanks mauifrog), i know the guide says you can do this on hardmodded Wii's as we are currently running a Wasabi DX chip but a lot of the back ups are very hit and miss on disc so we decided to softmod. My question is can i softmod with hardmod still installed, i ask because in the guide it says ' Softmodded wiis, just follow the guide, don't delete anything' does this mean you have to delete something on hardmodded Wii's?

    Thanks Guys in advance!

    Addcat
    You do not have to change anything, just follow the guide. Maui put that statement in there to inform people who were already softmodded that they do not need to delete anything prior to doing the guide.

  4. #11894
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    You do not have to change anything, just follow the guide. Maui put that statement in there to inform people who were already softmodded that they do not need to delete anything prior to doing the guide.
    Many thanks skellinator

  5. #11895
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    so i'm trying to install the hackmii installer and it's not working. i formatted my sd card under the instructions for letterbomb. went to their site and typed in my mac address and downloaded the version i needed. i am using 4.3U so made sure that was the region that was selected. it downloaded in a winrar file. extracted it in the same documents folder. dragged and dropped that onto my sd card and nothing is showing up. it says to copy the files into the root directory but i dont know where that is. i thought i did before this be apparently i'm mistaken. i even tried copying the winrar file but knew that wouldn't work. then i went through all the extracted folders and after like 15 of them there's one file. copied that to sd card and it didn't work either. obviously i'm missing something here and my gut feeling is the root directory part.

  6. #11896
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    WiiFlow isn't installed when doing this guide so why are you asking this question here?
    I was googling for answer and google lead me here. Sorry then. Goodbye.

  7. #11897
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sahob22 View Post
    so i'm trying to install the hackmii installer and it's not working. i formatted my sd card under the instructions for letterbomb. went to their site and typed in my mac address and downloaded the version i needed. i am using 4.3U so made sure that was the region that was selected. it downloaded in a winrar file. extracted it in the same documents folder. dragged and dropped that onto my sd card and nothing is showing up. it says to copy the files into the root directory but i dont know where that is. i thought i did before this be apparently i'm mistaken. i even tried copying the winrar file but knew that wouldn't work. then i went through all the extracted folders and after like 15 of them there's one file. copied that to sd card and it didn't work either. obviously i'm missing something here and my gut feeling is the root directory part.
    Check and make sure the write-lock switch on the SD card is off (up is usually off).
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  8. #11898
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    Check and make sure the write-lock switch on the SD card is off (up is usually off).
    it's off. when i drag and drop the file to the sd card it shows up while it's still connected to my computer. it's when i put it in the wii that nothing shows up.

  9. #11899
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    SD Card

    So I was wondering if the SD Card from SanDisk that is sold for the Wii a good choice to use to softmod the Wii? What I mean is the white SD card that gamestop sells. The one where they put the Wii logo or word on the SD Card, would it be a good choice ? Thanks in advance!

  10. #11900
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, so i am having a issue i am that i have not seen on here... I have the Wii 4.1U... IT has been modded before but i had issues with the USBloader so i decided to start over....
    So i reset the wii, loaded the bannerbomb v1 on the sd card and then fired the Wii up.. I go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.dol and then the Multi-Mod manager shows for about 1 second and then the Wii resets and takes me back to the opening screen where you click A to continue...
    I recall having a hard time modding it the 1st time but cant recall how i did it...
    I tried a couple of different cards and followed this tutorial exactly i think...
    Anyone have any tips???

    btw- on my card i have
    apps folder
    private folder
    wad folder
    boot.dol

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •