Page 1114 of 1820 FirstFirst ... 114614101410641104111211131114111511161124116412141614 ... LastLast
Results 11,131 to 11,140 of 18193

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #11131
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Still got problems with the SD card

    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Delete sd:\private, then put one of the alt files on the card.
    Hi I tried the alt files and deleted the private folder before putting them on but the same problem. I get the question mark with the original set of files and the Wii freezes as soon as it tries to read the sd card with either the alt set b or c files as the private folder.

    I have also tried a sepaate sandisk 2gb SD card and exactly the same result as above. I am at a complete loss, asbefore the Wii wil read jpegs etc of the sd card normally it just wont read these files?

    Any input appreciated

  2. #11132
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by terryduckworth View Post
    Hi I tried the alt files and deleted the private folder before putting them on but the same problem. I get the question mark with the original set of files and the Wii freezes as soon as it tries to read the sd card with either the alt set b or c files as the private folder.

    I have also tried a sepaate sandisk 2gb SD card and exactly the same result as above. I am at a complete loss, asbefore the Wii wil read jpegs etc of the sd card normally it just wont read these files?

    Any input appreciated
    I really sounds like you either don't have the right bannerbomb files for your system menu, or you are loading it wrong. Read about the bannerbomb from here-bannerbomb be sure to get the propper files and try again. I don't think it is an issue with your card, but it sounds like your loading bannerbomb v1 from the the sd icon on the system menu or your loading v2 from the wii data managment, I don't know for sure. Best of luck, I am sure you'll get it to load.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #11133
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    For what it's worth the softmod went great, bit disappointed to find out about the boot2 vulnerability being fixed (haven't done a softmod in 18 months+ and that wii was old) but the worst is over, just got to tape a few more "DO NOT UPDATE" stickers all over the wii for when friends use it :P


    Thanks for all the great responses, much appreciated

  4. #11134
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi, I am having the 2.0E version of WII and i installed the homebrewchannel using Twlight Princess.
    After that i carried on the NAND Backup which was succesfull and copied the mentioned files and folders to my PC as backup.
    After downloaded EURO-ModPack-PAL-E.zip and CIOS-PACK.md5.
    Verified using checksum and there were no errors, but when i install all the 25 wads it says 3 wad were not complete. I tried reloading the IOS236 several times but no luck on those 3 wads.
    Any suggestion on how to make that success.
    Please help me to get this fixed.
    Thank you.

  5. #11135
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by psubash17 View Post
    Hi, I am having the 2.0E version of WII and i installed the homebrewchannel using Twlight Princess.
    After that i carried on the NAND Backup which was succesfull and copied the mentioned files and folders to my PC as backup.
    After downloaded EURO-ModPack-PAL-E.zip and CIOS-PACK.md5.
    Verified using checksum and there were no errors, but when i install all the 25 wads it says 3 wad were not complete. I tried reloading the IOS236 several times but no luck on those 3 wads.
    Any suggestion on how to make that success.
    Please help me to get this fixed.
    Thank you.
    Which 3 wads are not installing, and what is the error # given?
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. #11136
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks a bunch

    Thanks sooo much for this tutorial... got my Wii all set now!!!!


  7. #11137
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I am on system menu 4.2U and want to update my ancient HBC from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 but when i do this i get to the "scam" screen and cant do anything else...my wiimotes will not turn on so what can i do now...i havent even done anything but try to update my HBC

    -ctang

    EDIT: to be more specific i have been waiting for the "1" button to appear for about 10 minutes now...when i softmodded my wii originally i remember this appearing nearly instantly
    Last edited by ctang; 10-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.

  8. #11138
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ctang View Post
    I am on system menu 4.2U and want to update my ancient HBC from 1.0.6 to 1.0.8 but when i do this i get to the "scam" screen and cant do anything else...my wiimotes will not turn on so what can i do now...i havent even done anything but try to update my HBC

    -ctang

    EDIT: to be more specific i have been waiting for the "1" button to appear for about 10 minutes now...when i softmodded my wii originally i remember this appearing nearly instantly
    Update ios30-ios36 and try again.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #11139
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    first of all, thank you for the reply. second, where do i get that at

  10. #11140
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ctang View Post
    first of all, thank you for the reply. second, where do i get that at
    There is a guide for hackmii issue, linked to in this softmod guide.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •