Page 1110 of 1814 FirstFirst ... 110610101010601100110811091110111111121120116012101610 ... LastLast
Results 11,091 to 11,100 of 18132

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #11091
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,406
    Thanks
    1,824
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 3,602 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    Ok, apologies mate, sorry about that. I do have a question. Im now back on 4.1E, how would I go about updating to 4.3E safely??? Just curious really. Thanks in advance guys (once again)
    You're kidding, right? And seriously... a member since 2009 and you're asking this? Ya know, normally I'd ask "why do you want to do that," but I'm not gonna bother.

  2. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  3. #11092
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    You're kidding, right? And seriously... a member since 2009 and you're asking this? Ya know, normally I'd ask "why do you want to do that," but I'm not gonna bother.
    I was just curious really and as I havent realt bothered with the wii of late, until this week. I was looking for a quick answer as I was to lazy to do a searh. Live and learn I guess

  4. #11093
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,406
    Thanks
    1,824
    Thanked 4,287 Times in 3,602 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    I was just curious really and as I havent realt bothered with the wii of late, until this week. I was looking for a quick answer as I was to lazy to do a searh. Live and learn I guess
    You're the guy Nintendo loves; you're also the guy members with any longevity hate, ya know? I'm not even sure if responding to you isn't classified as feeding a troll or not...

  5. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  6. #11094
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,208
    Thanks
    1,449
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,895 Posts
    I know, OT, but I saw this and had to share after I saw your last post nightstah...lol


  7. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  8. #11095
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You can load priiloader from the HBC if needed. Just load this dol
    http://priiloader.googlecode.com/files/magicword.zip
    Just copy magicword.dol to sd:\apps\magicword\
    Then rename magicword.dol to boot.dol
    Load from HBC and priiloader should load.
    Thanks! this worked for me

    on another note, I read the guide it says it won't work with a SDHC card but it worked perfectly fine for me, I think as long as your wii is version 4.0+ then it won't be a problem, correct me if I'm wrong, I had no problems at all tho, everything worked as it should.
    Last edited by Kirtus; 10-20-2011 at 05:52 PM.

  9. #11096
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirtus View Post
    Thanks! this worked for me

    on another note, I read the guide it says it won't work with a SDHC card but it worked perfectly fine for me, I think as long as your wii is version 4.0+ then it won't be a problem, correct me if I'm wrong, I had no problems at all tho, everything worked as it should.
    Some of the exploits in chapter 1 only work with sd cards, specifically most of the game exploits. Everything else should work with sdhc.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. #11097
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,208
    Thanks
    1,449
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 1,895 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCol View Post
    I was looking for a quick answer as I was to lazy to do a search.
    I believe the quote above, specifically the bold section, is what set nightstah off BigCol. Everyone here is at least asked to make an attempt at searching for answers, so your statement was a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who have taken the time to read and learn. I chose to help you because I realized that two members bickering back and forth does not help anyone. For future reference though, if you would at least make an attempt to search first you will be more likely to receive a more civil response.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You cjizzle For This Useful Post


  12. #11098
    New Member BigCol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    I believe the quote above, specifically the bold section, is what set nightstah off BigCol. Everyone here is at least asked to make an attempt at searching for answers, so your statement was a bit of a slap in the face to those of us who have taken the time to read and learn. I chose to help you because I realized that two members bickering back and forth does not help anyone. For future reference though, if you would at least make an attempt to search first you will be more likely to receive a more civil response.
    Thanks for that cjizzle, your help and advice has been appreaciated. I will deffo use the search next time, it was later, I was tired and couldnt be bothered using it. You are a legen mate, thanks

  13. #11099
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Forgot to update wii shop channel!

    Guys i have a few questions that i hope someone could atleast answer.

    My friend has a wii, he did follow this guide to softmod his wii. but he kinda forgot/skipped the part wherein he could update the wii shop channel on chapter 2 of this guide,

    my question is how can we update the wii shop channel of his wii? where do we have to start from this guide? thanks in advance

  14. #11100
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by baygon4554 View Post
    Guys i have a few questions that i hope someone could atleast answer.

    My friend has a wii, he did follow this guide to softmod his wii. but he kinda forgot/skipped the part wherein he could update the wii shop channel on chapter 2 of this guide,

    my question is how can we update the wii shop channel of his wii? where do we have to start from this guide? thanks in advance

    If you would like to update the Wii Shop Channel-
    Download
    Wii_Shop_Channel-v20.zip
    Extract to sd:\ -mirror
    Overwrite files if asked
    More channels to be added
    Install it using mmm wad manager like you did all the cios' and ios'


  15. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •