Page 1088 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 8858898810381078108610871088108910901098113811881588 ... LastLast
Results 10,871 to 10,880 of 18180

Thread: Guide: Softmod ANY Wii

  1. #10871
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Maybe search for the guide for that game we have on here????



  2. #10872
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,833
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    System menu has nothing to do with playing the game. Guide

  3. #10873
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Letterbomb - no success

    I've been trying to softmod a previously untouched Wii (4.3u) with the letterbomb exploit. I'm using a new 2gb SD card (Sony brand) and I formatted it with the Panasonic formatter. I selected the right region & entered the right MAC address, but when I click on the bomb envelope, it freezes right there. Leaves that screen up and everything, cursor is still there stuck where I clicked.

    I haven't seen any descriptions of problems like this, all the issues seem to be further along the process than this. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    James

  4. #10874
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by jmillar View Post
    I've been trying to softmod a previously untouched Wii (4.3u) with the letterbomb exploit. I'm using a new 2gb SD card (Sony brand) and I formatted it with the Panasonic formatter. I selected the right region & entered the right MAC address, but when I click on the bomb envelope, it freezes right there. Leaves that screen up and everything, cursor is still there stuck where I clicked.

    I haven't seen any descriptions of problems like this, all the issues seem to be further along the process than this. Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    James
    Try a different sd card - Make sure the lock is off...


  5. #10875
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Try a different sd card - Make sure the lock is off...
    Tried 2 different cards. Locks definitely off both. Little bit puzzled and frustrated, lol.

  6. #10876
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    wii 4.3e

    hi i have just softmoded a black wii 4.3e using this tut (softmod ANY Wii) every thing seemed to install allright however when it came to start playing the games i had on my hdd the configable usb loader would go to a black screen then back to the wii menu. i was going to try and repeat all of the tut again but i came up with the problem the post above has (click on letterbomb and every thing freezes)- - is this because i have allready changed from 4.3 to 4.1 and need to use bannerbomb or something else.

  7. #10877
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by jono069 View Post
    hi i have just softmoded a black wii 4.3e using this tut (softmod ANY Wii) every thing seemed to install allright however when it came to start playing the games i had on my hdd the configable usb loader would go to a black screen then back to the wii menu. i was going to try and repeat all of the tut again but i came up with the problem the post above has (click on letterbomb and every thing freezes)- - is this because i have allready changed from 4.3 to 4.1 and need to use bannerbomb or something else.
    Sounds like you need to download the app pack at the end of the guide and extract that to your sd card. The cfg channel on your sm is a forwarder which points to the app on the sd card. If the app isn't there then it will do what you are saying.


    Chapter 3- The Final Step
    Don't forget to do this
    Format your sd-card, one last time
    Extract App Pack.zip

    to sd:\ -mirror
    Boot your wii to the system menu. You will see the following channels installed.
    CFG-USBloader- This is a forwarder, it load the usbloader from your sd card or HD.
    Backup Dics Channel- This is an autobooting mod of Neogamma loader, it will autoboot discs. Press any button while loading to access the menu. It is a channel and does not use sd/hd
    Backup HBC- You will see a channel with black water, labeled backup HBC. When you load it, HBC 1.03 is loaded. This is installed as a backup means to run homebrew should you ever need it. You should not use it, unless you need to. Don't uninstall this wad, title "MAUI". Keep it on your wii or save it onto your sd card. You can move it to the far far right of the channel menu or back it up to your pc. You never know, someday you may need it.
    If you like you can move channels by holding B, then pressing A and dragging them where you wish. You can do this with the disc channel if you enabled the priiloader hack.

    Now you have some useful apps on your sd-card, you are ready to play. Have fun. Included apps- Homebrew Browser, WiiMC, CFG-USBLoader, and SaveGame Manager GX. There are many many many more for you to try. All apps install to the sd-card, or optionally you can install them to your fat32 usb drive. Apps should be installed like this- sd:\apps\app name\boot.dol ,otherwise they don't work.
    Last edited by narse1979; 10-02-2011 at 01:06 PM.


  8. #10878
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I accidentally formatted my sd card to NTFS now bootmii goes black screen and wont load. Am I Screwed?

  9. #10879
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks all working now,i did do the last bit maybe a bad download -formatted sd card downloaded again put in wii and it worked,thanks again narse1979.

  10. #10880
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    4.3u softmodded help...

    I modded a red 4.3u read tut and did everything. i hate 4.1u.... i modded my girlfriends wii black 4.3u and skipped the update for system menu. love her wii hate my wii. how do i restore it? can i use NAND backup some how on 4.3u without a gamecube controller? NAND backup wont restore from bootmii IOS.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •